Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 04-25-2017, 01:31 PM   #1
Jazzooka
Human being with feelings

Default OS X : When opening toolbar above main window : 2 toolbars? How to reduce to 1 above

Upon reorganizing screen space, when choosing to open toolbar above main window, the one above the track headers stays + a new one appears above the main window

How can I keep only the one above the main window?

There does not seem to be an option when right clicking the left, above tracks, toolbar in order to hide it

Any ideas?

Screen pic attached

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 22.20.jpg (46.6 KB, 244 views)
Old 04-25-2017, 01:59 PM   #2
EpicSounds

you cannot remove the main toolbar
Old 04-25-2017, 02:09 PM   #3
Robert Randolph

The best you can do is right click the toolbar and switch it to a blank one.

That space is the intersection of the TCP and ruler/marker/region lane, so there's no way for that space to disappear since those concepts don't intersect in any way.

Or you can just make a new toolbar for that area
Robert Randolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 04:32 PM   #4
hopi

in your screen shot, you have a duplicate of the main toolbar in a floating toolbar, located above the ruler...
you also have the main toolbar above the tcp panels, which is where it goes

You do have to have that one at that location... however what is in it is up to you...

in the space where you have the 'floating toolbar' docked above the ruler, you can have up to 16 different toolbars, each with its own named tab so that you can easily switch between them...

so if you really wanted to you could put everything from the main toolbar into floating toolbar 1, retitle it to My Main and have it in that upper location, and also remove everything from the Main toolbar... it would still take up space but would appear as empty space.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:02 AM   #5
Jazzooka

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
you cannot remove the main toolbar
Hi Epcisounds, thanks, I am not looking to remove the main toolbar, I saw a youTube vid (Reaperblog's channel if I remember correctly) where only the main toolbar above remains in the middle, without a toolbar visible above the TCP on the left

I tried many options, without success
Old 04-27-2017, 08:04 AM   #6
Jazzooka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Randolph View Post
The best you can do is right click the toolbar and switch it to a blank one.

That space is the intersection of the TCP and ruler/marker/region lane, so there's no way for that space to disappear since those concepts don't intersect in any way.

Or you can just make a new toolbar for that area
Hi Robert, thanks, I did not know it was possible to create a blank toolbar, when switching through the alternate toolbars/MIDI toolbars above the TCP (which is where I want to remove the toolbar) there is at least one tool open, will check it out
Old 04-27-2017, 08:07 AM   #7
Jazzooka

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
in your screen shot, you have a duplicate of the main toolbar in a floating toolbar, located above the ruler...
you also have the main toolbar above the tcp panels, which is where it goes

You do have to have that one at that location... however what is in it is up to you...

in the space where you have the 'floating toolbar' docked above the ruler, you can have up to 16 different toolbars, each with its own named tab so that you can easily switch between them...

so if you really wanted to you could put everything from the main toolbar into floating toolbar 1, retitle it to My Main and have it in that upper location, and also remove everything from the Main toolbar... it would still take up space but would appear as empty space.

Hi Hopi, thanks for the info and recommendations, it is not a floating toolbar, it is just a regular toolbar selected to appear above the transport controls from right-clicking

I must have been doing something wrong, as Reaperblog's channel on youTube has only one main toolbar above the transport controls

Will check out what you advise

Best
Old 04-27-2017, 08:13 AM   #8
Robert Randolph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzooka View Post
Hi Robert, thanks, I did not know it was possible to create a blank toolbar, when switching through the alternate toolbars/MIDI toolbars above the TCP (which is where I want to remove the toolbar) there is at least one tool open, will check it out
Right click and select "Customize", then remove that button.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:56 AM   #9
robgb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Randolph View Post
Right click and select "Customize", then remove that button.
When I do that, I still get a blank button there. If I cut it altogether, it switches to an "Edit Me" button.
robgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:33 AM   #10
Robert Randolph

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgb View Post
When I do that, I still get a blank button there. If I cut it altogether, it switches to an "Edit Me" button.
I'm sorry, I should have been more clear.

To have a "blank" toolbar, it needs to have just a separator and nothing else. When editing the toolbar, right click in the left list and select "Insert separator".