Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
Yay! here
Thanks - will look into later.
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:24 AM   #3002
dasombre
Human being with feelings

tested the latest version and the open project still does not work.
In most cases it gets overwritten by the current script data if LBX window is open

It only does not overwrite the other script data (sometimes) when nothing has been changed in the project, but then again this defeats the purpose of reopening a project like wanting to go back to a certain point in time.

It also works here when the other project has a completely different name (although beeing in the same project folder), but not working when the projects in a project folder are saved with XXX-Name_01 , XXX_Name_02 (saved with the "save as new version")

Very sorry to bring the bad news
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:11 PM   #3003
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
tested the latest version and the open project still does not work.
In most cases it gets overwritten by the current script data if LBX window is open

It only does not overwrite the other script data (sometimes) when nothing has been changed in the project, but then again this defeats the purpose of reopening a project like wanting to go back to a certain point in time.

It also works here when the other project has a completely different name (although beeing in the same project folder), but not working when the projects in a project folder are saved with XXX-Name_01 , XXX_Name_02 (saved with the "save as new version")

Very sorry to bring the bad news
It works fine for me - I think it's to do with your save data folder. I remember it puzzling me before where it puts your files. The current method relies on working out if you have saved data existing - but if it can't work out where your files are... So I just need to adjust for your settings.

In settings - can you please let me know exactly what you have entered in the save subfolder - and also your setting for save to project folder option...

Also - can you give me an example of the exact path where it saves your .lbxstripper files.
Old Today, 12:26 PM   #3004
dasombre

Sure thing, here are all the settings:

In Stripper-Settings:
- save script data in project folder (CHECK)
- save subfolder: #
- create backup when saving (CHECK)

Reaper Project settings / MEDIA-Tab:
- "path to save media files" (leave blank for same path as project file):
--> "Audio Files"
(all my Audio Files are in folder "Audio Files" in the main project folder.)

My Stripperfiles end up here:
"Best Song ever heard" / Audio Files / *here are multiple LBX folders for each project-version/ *here is the stripper file and ".lbxstripper_" and the backup.

I can send screenshots if necessary

A concrete path would be:

C:/Users/Fisto/Desktop/Saving Test With LBX Action/Audio Files/Saving Test With LBX Action_9/Saving Test With LBX Action_9.lbxstripper

C:/.../Main Project Folder/Audio Files/lbx-folder for each Project (in the Main project folder, created automatically when saving with script data)/stripper.data
Old Today, 12:47 PM   #3005
lb0

Quote:
Sure thing, here are all the settings:

In Stripper-Settings:
- save script data in project folder (CHECK)
- save subfolder: #
- create backup when saving (CHECK)

Reaper Project settings / MEDIA-Tab:
- "path to save media files" (leave blank for same path as project file):
--> "Audio Files"
(all my Audio Files are in folder "Audio Files" in the main project folder.)

My Stripperfiles end up here:
"Best Song ever heard" / Audio Files / *here are multiple LBX folders for each project-version/ *here is the stripper file and ".lbxstripper_" and the backup.

I can send screenshots if necessary

A concrete path would be:

C:/Users/Fisto/Desktop/Saving Test With LBX Action/Audio Files/Saving Test With LBX Action_9/Saving Test With LBX Action_9.lbxstripper

C:/.../Main Project Folder/Audio Files/lbx-folder for each Project (in the Main project folder, created automatically when saving with script data)/stripper.data
Ok - I remember now what is was with your setup. Might take a while to sort this one out still.

In the meantime - you might wish to switch the save to project path option off in Stripper options. This way you should be able to work ok with Stripper saving and loading (hopefully) correctly. You may be able to confirm for me if this is the case. Although remember that all lbxstripper files will for the time being end up in the LBXCS_resources/projsave/ folder.

But until I get this fixed for your settings - it's all I can suggest.
Old Today, 01:25 PM   #3006
dasombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Ok - I remember now what is was with your setup. Might take a while to sort this one out still.

In the meantime - you might wish to switch the save to project path option off in Stripper options. This way you should be able to work ok with Stripper saving and loading (hopefully) correctly. You may be able to confirm for me if this is the case. Although remember that all lbxstripper files will for the time being end up in the LBXCS_resources/projsave/ folder.

But until I get this fixed for your settings - it's all I can suggest.
thanks for the suggestion, I just tried this and big bummer again:
exactly the same behaviour as before: when Stripper window is open, the script data is overwritten by the data which is currently open in the stripper window.

Only difference now: even if project names are completely different, data gets overwritten if window is open.

EDIT: easiest and safest workaround for now is to close the stripper-window when opening another project.
Old Today, 01:27 PM   #3007
lb0

Quote:
thanks for the suggestion, I just tried this and big bummer again:
exactly the same behaviour as before: when Stripper window is open, the script data is overwritten by the data which is currently open in the stripper window.

Only difference now: even if project names are completely different, data gets overwritten if window is open.
Have you tried this with a new project?

Can you please explain the exact steps you go through to get it to happen?

Thanks

EDIT: Can you take out the # from subfolder?
Old Today, 01:46 PM   #3008
dasombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Have you tried this with a new project?
tried with a completely new project.

Quote:
Can you please explain the exact steps you go through to get it to happen?
Make a project and save a couple of versions with "save as new version" while stripper window open. Added some controls to LBX Test_01 and some controls to LBX_Test_02 (both in the same main project folder). Make them look different so it is more obvious visually.

Now open one of those 2 projects and open stripper. Leave stripper window open and open the other project in the same main project folder and you will still have the same controls from the current project, NOT the new one. The new ones are gone and were overwritten by the previous script-data.

Quote:
Can you take out the # from subfolder?
yeees, it works without the #

Seems like looking in different subfolders confuses it.

My workaround is the macro I just did:
- ReaScript: close all running ReaScripts
- File: Open Project

This way I can keep my folders organized and not loose scriptdata. The only really minor drawback is that I have to reopen the stripper window after changing to another project, but I like that more than having all stripperdata in one folder and in a massively huge list which is hard to keep track of
Old Today, 02:55 PM   #3009
lb0

Quote:
tried with a completely new project.

Make a project and save a couple of versions with "save as new version" while stripper window open. Added some controls to LBX Test_01 and some controls to LBX_Test_02 (both in the same main project folder). Make them look different so it is more obvious visually.

Now open one of those 2 projects and open stripper. Leave stripper window open and open the other project in the same main project folder and you will still have the same controls from the current project, NOT the new one. The new ones are gone and were overwritten by the previous script-data.

yeees, it works without the #

Seems like looking in different subfolders confuses it.

My workaround is the macro I just did:
- ReaScript: close all running ReaScripts
- File: Open Project

This way I can keep my folders organized and not loose scriptdata. The only really minor drawback is that I have to reopen the stripper window after changing to another project, but I like that more than having all stripperdata in one folder and in a massively huge list which is hard to keep track of
Ok - I'll look into trying to get it working with the # symbol.

And in the meantime you've found something that works ok
Old Today, 03:54 PM   #3010
lb0

Soon...

Update available.

New CTL OPTIONS 3 page:

First three options disable redrawing of background on control refresh (ie. when it gets redrawn). This has consequences - text that is not completely on top of opaque parts of the control image will be messed up (value mainly).

Click through option needs to be set on the meter controls so that they do not receive the mouse clicks - and any other overlaid control does.

Anyway - your call if you want to use the new features (purely to allow the sort of overlaid meter/control Timbralzoom requested). They might be useful for other things - don't know yet.

AND - RJ's request for separate colour/size for param name/value on a control is also added.

Please note - I had to change a bug which showed up and annoyed the hell out of me while adding this feature. The bug wasn't noticeable or a problem when size was controlled together - now they can be independent - the bug was annoying. In fixing this bug - it made ALL text for controls move in all saved projects/strips.

However - I've done my best to detect when this has happened (by checking file versions) - and think I've covered everything. I gathered users might complain if suddenly all their strips needed editing!!

So I've done my best to do this transparently. Once all projects are loaded and resaved - there will be no extra overhead checking for this problem (the corrections will be saved in the new data file).

Strip files will be corrected when required - but if you resave the strip files - they won't need correcting each time the strip is loaded. But this is nearly instant anyway.

So hopefully you won't notice any problems.

Also - LINK button - keeps the resizing/colour choosing of the text for controls as before (ie. linked).

EDIT:

Timbral - here's an example of the controls that will work with the new feature. Note - where the green is - there must be opaque colour behind the whole travel of the green strip at all times - as transparency here would leave artifacts when the control is redrawn. That's the main requirement.

I also split the image into L + R - but I guess you would have done that had it all worked correctly in your test.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Timbral_EditedCircleMeter.zip (74.6 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by lb0; Today at 04:42 PM.