Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 03-11-2016, 09:50 AM   #1
DKDiveDude
Human being with feelings

Default Better (finer / pixel) heigh adjustment of all tracks

Yes I know the Page Up and Down to adjust track height, but when you have a lot of tracks, when using those adjustment controls, they either become way to thin wasting vertical screen space, or to long.

Why have you not made it so, when highlighting all tracks, and using the mouse and cursor to adjust track height, that all of them, instead of now only the one you point at, adjusts?

I mean in all other graphic programs, that is the logical expected and standard way it works!

Yes I can adjust all my 16 tracks one at a time, until I add or remove a few, and have to do it all again.

Come on guys I know you are here to make it easier for us to make our music
DKDiveDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:55 AM   #2
snooks
Banned

Ctrl and drag on the divider between tracks resizes them all to the size of the adjusted track on release. Alt and drag does the same with just selected tracks. Bish bash bosh.
snooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 10:06 AM   #3
DKDiveDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by snooks View Post
Ctrl and drag on the divider between tracks resizes them all to the size of the adjusted track on release. Alt and drag does the same with just selected tracks. Bish bash bosh.
Awesome thanks.

I did attempt, well started to do exactly that, but since the instant graphical feedback is not updating in real time, as I am moving mouse and dragging cursor (only one track changes size), I stopped.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:08 AM   #4
DKDiveDude

Quote:
Related question to you, since you seem to be the expert, do you know which track layout is the most compact but still shows name, volume, pan, and VU?
Old 03-11-2016, 10:24 AM   #5
snooks
Banned

No idea about best layout, the only thing I change about tracks is the name and colour.
snooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:03 PM   #6
Marantz

Quote:
Thank you thank you thank you.

I have been trying to figure this out for so long. I press ALT and drag, and ALL TRACKS, nests in nests in nests, display to the same size. : )
Marantz is offline   Reply With Quote