Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 02-15-2009, 09:37 PM   #1
psingman
Human being with feelings

Default OK, one more time, runtime error, won't open!

Hi, well, I have just about had it. I can't use Reaper anymore. It keeps giving me that Runtime Error thingie. I got through it last time some how a year ago, but when I go to open the FX window, bam, it happens every time. C'mon, how come the makers of this software can't overcome this snafu.

Someone please help me by telling me a step by step method to follow, to get Reaper up and running. OK< thanks for listening to this rant. From my last experience and a lot of others on this forum, this is just too common of an occurrence. psingman
psingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
dub3000

there are thousands of people using this software without ever seeing that error.

i would suggest that it's either: something in the way your computer is set up, or one or two dodgy/broken plugins.

how about you post some system specs, a screenshot, or something else that might help diagnose the issue.
dub3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:41 AM   #3
Sheppola

Runtime errors can be a sign if virus infection on the system :O
Sheppola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:05 AM   #4
TheArchitect

Quote:
Originally Posted by psingman View Post
Hi, well, I have just about had it. I can't use Reaper anymore. It keeps giving me that Runtime Error thingie. I got through it last time some how a year ago, but when I go to open the FX window, bam, it happens every time. C'mon, how come the makers of this software can't overcome this snafu.

Someone please help me by telling me a step by step method to follow, to get Reaper up and running. OK< thanks for listening to this rant. From my last experience and a lot of others on this forum, this is just too common of an occurrence. psingman
Need PC specs and version of reaper. Also need OS and Service pack levels to start with. More specific info on what you are doing when the error pops would be helpful to.
4gb Geil RAM / WD Caviar SE16 7200rmp SATA2 drives / Antec 650w Trio PS
RMA Hammerfall 9632 w/ 4input daughter board

Reamote Slave
Reaper v3.12
Intel P4 2.6gh / 2gb RAM / WD Caviar SE16 7200rmp SATA2 drives

Apps
Antares v5 / Kompact v1.04 / Melodyne
Kjaerhus GCO-1Compressor
Kjaerhus Classic Plugs / SIR1
TheArchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:09 AM   #5
Jae.Thomas

first ive heard of it.

sounds like a bad plugin or a messed up system.
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #6
Dstruct

Quote:
Hi, well, I have just about had it. I can't use Reaper anymore. It keeps giving me that Runtime Error thingie.
Don't use crappy plugins!
Dstruct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:13 PM   #7
LOSER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
Need PC specs and version of reaper. Also need OS and Service pack levels to start with. More specific info on what you are doing when the error pops would be helpful to.
I think a proper description of that "Runtime Error thingie" would also help A LOT.
LOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:22 PM   #8
dub3000

actually, specific question: how much ram do you have installed?

reaper freaks out pretty reliably if you're low on ram.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:25 PM   #9
Sheppola

Also it's worth putting the,"Exact" runtime error in into Google.Sometimes it can even be another program that is running causing the problem or a faulty set of drivers for a device.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:29 AM   #10
hux

I had a similar issue recently. Here was my sequence of events:

record with reaper, save projects to disk, be happy.

get new HD for laptop with twice the space, be happy-ER.

reinstall reaper, reinstall plugins - changed location of VST plugs, though.

open project that existed in old DAW - get Unhandled Exception error, app closes

I got around it by opening "Brad Sucks" directly, which worked fine...then went to File>>Open>>My old project *in recovery mode*. It opened the project and then I was able to remove the plugins and re-add them. When I did this, I got the expected "plugin wasn't found, yer fux0red" dialog..

It as very strange. I guess my gripe was the unhandled exception..they're not "crappy plugins", it seemed like the fact that they weren't found in the expected location cause the UE.

/relax, I'm not bashing the software just reporting the circumstances of my (reproducible here, anyway) problem Still love Reaper, hail to the king and all that.
hux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:32 AM   #11
LOSER

Quote:
Originally Posted by hux View Post
When I did this, I got the expected "plugin wasn't found, yer fux0red" dialog..
Was that the EXACT phrasing of the error dialog? Because you know all those little gizmos that pop up in such are error dialog are actually important to diagnose the problem.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:41 AM   #12
hux

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSER View Post
Was that the EXACT phrasing of the error dialog? Because you know all those little gizmos that pop up in such are error dialog are actually important to diagnose the problem.
No, when it crashed, it was an *Unhandled* Exception. Meaning, there was an exception(which may not actually be an error, per se) that the application(reaper) didn't know what to do with. A true bug.

The "plugin wasn't found" dialog is a *HANDLED* exception(also not necessarily an error), which I got no problem with.

All those little gizmos are important, you're absolutely correct. But if the application doesn't raise an exception then the system gets it, and all it knows to say is "yer app didn't handle this, so it's unhandled".

Which is exactly what it said.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:45 AM   #13
hux

anyways, OP - Find the "brad Sucks" project and double click it..does THAT open?

If so, then File>>Open>>your project, check the little "recovery mode" box. That would eliminate plugin problems as the source of your pain. You can then go into each track and enable/remove plugins until you find the culprit. Be sure to save after each change so you can start over without start completely over.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:05 AM   #14
LOSER

Quote:
Originally Posted by hux View Post
No, when it crashed, it was an *Unhandled* Exception. Meaning, there was an exception(which may not actually be an error, per se) that the application(reaper) didn't know what to do with. A true bug.

The "plugin wasn't found" dialog is a *HANDLED* exception(also not necessarily an error), which I got no problem with.

All those little gizmos are important, you're absolutely correct. But if the application doesn't raise an exception then the system gets it, and all it knows to say is "yer app didn't handle this, so it's unhandled".

Which is exactly what it said.
Well I might not be very computer savvy. But could it be that the system (by any chance) through a error message like this:
Or like this:
[img]http://img104.**************/img104/1403/errorsep6.gif[/img]

From all that non sense in those messages the developers might actually get a better idea where to look for a fix.

If the message really says "yer app didn't handle this, so it's unhandled" then I apologize, otherwise making a screencap of the error and post it, so the developers can look at it and if it is helpful good, if not, not much time wasted.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:35 PM   #15
psingman

HI, had to go away again....just got back to the thread. Well, I have version 2.026, I believe. I don't really have it to check as I took it all off. I keep deleting and reinstalling and it just keeps giving me fits. Sometimes it does install itself OK, and I can get it running. I can't open the FX area and insert on track at all.

This is not the computer I use for the studio however. This one is an older one with Windows 98SE and not a lot of ram...but what would that have to do with it? I am positive it is not a dodgy VST thingie as I don't have any on this computer to add....just the ones that come with that version. However, I think a direct x one might not want to load correctly. Anyway, I guess it just won't work right on this computer. I only wanted to edit a few tracks that I had in my Feurio project area....you know raise the volume in a few spots, stuff like that. After listening to my last CD, realized it needed some minor touchups. Keep the cards and letters coming in. I don't believe I am the only one with these exceptions happening. By the way, it begins, it looks like it reads something on your setup and if it is not all kosher, the Visual C++ runtime process balks and says, "NO WAY, JOSE!". TIA, psingman
psingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:36 PM   #16
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Quote:
This one is an older one with Windows 98SE and not a lot of ram...but what would that have to do with it?
See http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=19587
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:46 AM   #17
yhertogh

Am I the only one getting tired of people screaming and shouting: "Reaper is really bad, as I have this error, and it seems i am not the only one, so please fix it '..and then you ask the EXACT error message and the EXACT specs of the PC...and there is never a reply ??

Yves
yhertogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:23 AM   #18
TheArchitect

Quote:
HI, had to go away again....just got back to the thread. Well, I have version 2.026, I believe. I don't really have it to check as I took it all off. I keep deleting and reinstalling and it just keeps giving me fits. Sometimes it does install itself OK, and I can get it running. I can't open the FX area and insert on track at all.

This is not the computer I use for the studio however. This one is an older one with Windows 98SE and not a lot of ram...but what would that have to do with it? I am positive it is not a dodgy VST thingie as I don't have any on this computer to add....just the ones that come with that version. However, I think a direct x one might not want to load correctly. Anyway, I guess it just won't work right on this computer. I only wanted to edit a few tracks that I had in my Feurio project area....you know raise the volume in a few spots, stuff like that. After listening to my last CD, realized it needed some minor touchups. Keep the cards and letters coming in. I don't believe I am the only one with these exceptions happening. By the way, it begins, it looks like it reads something on your setup and if it is not all kosher, the Visual C++ runtime process balks and says, "NO WAY, JOSE!". TIA, psingman
Seriously, Win98 with not much RAM and using a significantly old version reaper? You couldn't even be bothered to update to the latest version of the app? If your not willing to invest the effort to do the simplest of things like update to the latest version and accurately report your error messages why would, and how can you expect people to go the extra mile for you?

Reamote Slave
Reaper v3.12

Apps
Kjaerhus GCO-1Compressor
Old 02-18-2009, 04:37 AM   #19
manning1

psingman
heres what i suspect your problem is.
your running win 98se ?? correct ??
reaper is programmed in C++ i understand.
i suspect cos your running se you dont have a compatible win
run time. your run time is an earlier version and old.
at your risk you could try googling for a newer run time.
a run time is a module of code part of the win OS
needed to run certain programs.
you cant expect reaper to run properly if the OS environment
is not correct.

if i remember the run time is called..
Msvcrt.dll
it would help people to help you if you did a windows search on your system and post back your version number.
if i remember the dll resides in the windows>>system folder.
(dont delete or move anything !!)

PLEASE POST EXACTLY THE ERROR MESSAGE YOU GET WHEN YOU GET A PROBLEM, includeing error code.
if reaper boots up into the song project ok, and THEN at some later point you get a run time error problem useing a plug in for example..then i suspect a plug in fx that isnt compatible with
your older 98 se C run time in windows possibly.
WHEN DOES THE ERROR OCCUR ?? at reaper boot up ?? OR
when useing a plug in later on in a session ??
details please. it seems only happening useing plug ins ??
are you running lots of plug ins with low ram ??

heres a thought...if you can nail it down to a particular plug in, contact the maker of the plug in, and ask the maker
what version of C run time is needed to run it.
if its a new plug in , it might not like your older 98 se
run time.

Last edited by manning1; 02-18-2009 at 05:22 AM.
manning1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:59 PM   #20
drew
Mobile

Quote:
HI, had to go away again....just got back to the thread. Well, I have version 2.026, I believe. I don't really have it to check as I took it all off. I keep deleting and reinstalling and it just keeps giving me fits. Sometimes it does install itself OK, and I can get it running.
Sorry to hear this is happening. If you can manage to install, send us a screenshot of the whole reaper window as you hit add fx if you can!
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:36 PM   #21
Ben Zero

Guys you need to give the OP a break - I've actually had a LOT of runtime errors with REAPER, often on loading projects. My system isn't Win 98, that's for sure. Highly spec-ed quadcore running XP SP3, etc etc. What I haven't done is write down the error details and reported them but it's something I'll do for sure when it next occurs.

Blaming the OP's "crappy plugins" and whatnot is just silly, to put it mildy.

Ben
Old 02-18-2009, 05:59 PM   #22
bullshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Zero View Post
It isn't silly, most major problems with Reaper can be related to third party plug ins in one way or another.

To say that it's the plugin fault or Reaper fault I'll leave to others, but since I've removed all plugins that were giving me problems in Reaper, by a process of elimination, I've experienced no errors, no crash, no fault or no weird behavior of any kind in well over a year.

What is silly is coming to the forum and saying "reaper is giving me runtime error, fix it!" without any further details and expecting results. Where do you expect the dev team to go from that exactly?
bullshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:47 PM   #23
dub3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullshark View Post
It isn't silly, most major problems with Reaper can be related to third party plug ins in one way or another.
or: running out of RAM, or bad sound card drivers, or corrupt wav data, or incorrect use of the /3gb boot switch. from watching the forums for a while, that seems to be pretty much it (one of those things always solves the problem). reaper itself appears to be incredibly solid. this is why i'm very cautious around anyone claiming "REAPER IS BROKENEDED"

(older versions of reaper freaked out on heavy use of elastique as well but that problem seems to have been solved)
Old 02-18-2009, 06:57 PM   #24
bullshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub3000 View Post
or: running out of RAM,
Ah yes, that seems to be one of Reaper quirks; all the other host will suffer in comparable measure from the other system ailment, but I've never seen a host crash as fast as Reaper does when it runs out of ram. Thankfully, the fix is simple and cheap(just add more ram).
bullshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:24 PM   #25
Sheppola

I agree with both Bull and Dub and also I too went through the St.VStance dance when I started using Reaper.Tried loads of free ones and just ended up cluttered and glitches.Now I reach for any of the supplied ones 1st at least for main jobs like Compression and EQ and I know my recordings have got better and to be honest I've had so few crashes with Reaper it's a joy to use and I'm running a pretty old AMD 3800+ and 1 gig of Ram in WinXP pro but my system is tweaked for back ground services and Virtual memory and all my drivers re the best and stable and I have minimal programs running in the back ground but do still work like now whilst connected to the net and running Anti-virus/Anti-spyware software
Old 02-19-2009, 09:18 AM   #26
Jae.Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Zero View Post

Ben
not really.

but i am not so myopic as to think its the only possible issue, its just the most common.
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:58 PM   #27
Ely

Default Crash report I had with Philharmonik and Reaper

Here is the crash report I had with Philharmonik and Reaper.. any ideas?

anyone?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<DATABASE>
<EXE NAME="reaper.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="cdrecord.exe" SIZE="369277" CHECKSUM="0xF18C29D6" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x61F49" LINKER_VERSION="0x10000" LINK_DATE="11/28/2006 22:03:28" UPTO_LINK_DATE="11/28/2006 22:03:28" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="lame_enc.dll" SIZE="495616" CHECKSUM="0xD9E2BB06" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x793D5" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="07/04/2008 07:25:44" UPTO_LINK_DATE="07/04/2008 07:25:44" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="reamote.exe" SIZE="425472" CHECKSUM="0xB52850E0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:59:05" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:59:05" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Plugins\reaper_explorer.dll" SIZE="40960" CHECKSUM="0x1C673681" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:57:06" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:57:06" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Plugins\reaper_flac.dll" SIZE="160768" " LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:57:53" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:57:53" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Plugins\reaper_wave.dll" SIZE="76800" CHECKSUM="0xDD0FFF9B" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:56:40" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:56:40" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Plugins\reaper_wavpack.dll" SIZE="245248" CHECKSUM="0xE78706EC" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:57:14" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:57:14" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Plugins\reaper_xenakios_commands.dll" SIZE="141312" CHECKSUM="0x9B9AB0F2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="07/18/2008 15:09:48" UPTO_LINK_DATE="07/18/2008 15:09:48" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Plugins\REX Shared Library.dll" SIZE="233472" CHECKSUM="0xD3113010" BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.6.0.4096" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.6.0.4096" PRODUCT_VERSION="1.6" FILE_DESCRIPTION="REX Shared Library" COMPANY_NAME="Propellerhead Software AB" PRODUCT_NAME="REX SDK" FILE_VERSION="1.6" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="REX Shared Library.dll" INTERNAL_NAME="REX Shared Library" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright Propellerhead Software AB 2000-2006, All Rights Reserved" VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.6.0.4096" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.6.0.4096" LINK_DATE="03/29/2006 14:11:05" UPTO_LINK_DATE="03/29/2006 14:11:05" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Plugins\soundtouch.dll" SIZE="15872" CHECKSUM="0xB90010D8" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:57:08" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:57:08" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Plugins\FX\reacomp.dll" SIZE="169984" CHECKSUM="0x67E2213C" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:57:20" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:57:20" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Plugins\FX\readelay.dll" SIZE="28160" CHECKSUM="0x3AEB282A" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:59:01" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:59:01" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Plugins\FX\reaeq.dll" SIZE="95744" CHECKSUM="0x4E7D1658" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:58:33" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:58:33" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Plugins\FX\reafir.dll" SIZE="215040" CHECKSUM="0x8534AE94" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:57:27" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:57:27" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Plugins\FX\reagate.dll" SIZE="163840" CHECKSUM="0xE57910AA" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:57:31" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:57:31" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Plugins\FX\reainsert.dll" SIZE="58880" CHECKSUM="0x9879AF85" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:58:26" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:58:26" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Plugins\FX\reaninjam.dll" SIZE="166912" CHECKSUM="0x7FECCE0D" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:58:44" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:58:44" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Plugins\FX\reapitch.dll" SIZE="37376" CHECKSUM="0x3C20107B" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:59:00" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:59:00" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Plugins\FX\reasamplomatic.dll" SIZE="66048" CHECKSUM="0x7237DC00" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:57:46" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:57:46" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Plugins\FX\reastream.dll" SIZE="62976" CHECKSUM="0x68332A2B" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:58:49" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:58:49" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Plugins\FX\reasyndr.dll" SIZE="11264" CHECKSUM="0xA868EEB" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:57:41" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:57:41" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Plugins\FX\reasynth.dll" SIZE="18432" CHECKSUM="0xEBF383E2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:57:41" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:57:41" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Plugins\FX\reatune.dll" SIZE="279552" CHECKSUM="0xF268EB3F" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:57:59" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:57:59" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Plugins\FX\reaverb.dll" SIZE="276992" CHECKSUM="0x71384180" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:57:40" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:57:40" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Plugins\FX\reaverbate.dll" SIZE="45056" CHECKSUM="0x3DF31980" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:58:58" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:58:58" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Plugins\FX\reavocode.dll" SIZE="41472" CHECKSUM="0xBD153025" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:59:04" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:59:04" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Plugins\FX\reavoice.dll" SIZE="24576" CHECKSUM="0x1C2F98A0" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:59:01" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:59:01" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Plugins\FX\reaxcomp.dll" SIZE="213504" CHECKSUM="0x679362D5" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:58:55" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/20/2009 06:58:55" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Plugins\FX\Spectro_ReaperSpecial.dll" SIZE="271360" CHECKSUM="0x1420A5B6" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="02/07/2008 01:20:47" UPTO_LINK_DATE="02/07/2008 01:20:47" />
</EXE>
<EXE NAME="Philharmonik.vpa" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Philharmonik.vpa" SIZE="1765376" CHECKSUM="0xF3F522FB" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="12/05/2006 11:16:27" UPTO_LINK_DATE="12/05/2006 11:16:27" />
</EXE>
<EXE NAME="kernel32.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="kernel32.dll" SIZE="984576" CHECKSUM="0xF0B331F6" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Windows NT BASE API Client DLL" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Microsoft® Windows® Operating System" FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.070416-1301)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kernel32" INTERNAL_NAME="kernel32" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0xF9293" LINKER_VERSION="0x50001" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119" LINK_DATE="04/16/2007 15:52:53" UPTO_LINK_DATE="04/16/2007 15:52:53" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
</EXE>
</DATABASE>
Ely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #28
TheArchitect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheppola View Post
I agree with both Bull and Dub and also I too went through the St.VStance dance when I started using Reaper.Tried loads of free ones and just ended up cluttered and glitches.Now I reach for any of the supplied ones 1st at least for main jobs like Compression and EQ and I know my recordings have got better and to be honest I've had so few crashes with Reaper it's a joy to use and I'm running a pretty old AMD 3800+ and 1 gig of Ram in WinXP pro but my system is tweaked for back ground services and Virtual memory and all my drivers re the best and stable and I have minimal programs running in the back ground but do still work like now whilst connected to the net and running Anti-virus/Anti-spyware software
I think everyone runs to the net and downloads every plug they can find when they are just starting out. I know I did. Same with VSTi's also. These days I have the stock stuff from Cubase and Reaper, the Kajherus Classic series plugs, SIR and maybe 6-8 other freeware apps that really work well plus AT5 and Melodyne. On the VSTi side I went from hundreds to 8 Not counting Kompakt and Koreplayer. The reality is freeware that sounds good is not that common.

I run both SX3 and Reaper on my DAW and its been flawless for a year. The previous DAW (my current Reamote slave) was just as flawless.

Reamote Slave
Reaper v3.12

Apps
Kjaerhus GCO-1Compressor