Old 02-17-2015, 11:51 AM   #1
lape
Human being with feelings

Default organizing problem

Hey guys...

I am getting crazy on this. I recorded some songs and switched between logic and reaper (because I can use the iPad app for logic <3 ). Sometimes I just drag and drop files into the reaper project. Now time has passed and I have multiple tracks with multiple files in different folders (BACKSLAPPING)...

In Logic there is a ITEM Browser where I can see the directories of every region / item in my project. There I can reorganize it and put them all into ONE project folder.
But I can't find it in Reaper...

Please help me! There are thousand folders with wavs and peak file. I need to clean my disk!

Cheers, Lape
lape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 01:08 PM   #2
xpander

You can see the source media paths for the current project by opening the Source Media tab in the Project Bay.

One pretty simple way to get your all your current project media under the same project folder is to
Open your project
Save Project As
Choose a path to save your project
Tick both Create subdirectory for project and Copy all media into project directory

This way you'll get all the media for the current project under the same project folder, yet the original source media stays where it is (eg. for the use by other possible projects). You could also use the Move all media option if you know no other project is using the same files and you don't need them anywhere else.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 10:38 PM   #3
banjo1

Default Default Project folder?

Hey, maybe someone here can answer a question I have. In REAPER preferences you can set Path preferences for things like rendering and recording. But why not provide the option to define a default path where New Projects go? That would eliminate the need to go browsing around multiple drives to find the place where one stores Reaper project folders!
banjo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 12:38 AM   #4
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo1 View Post
Hey, maybe someone here can answer a question I have. In REAPER preferences you can set Path preferences for things like rendering and recording. But why not provide the option to define a default path where New Projects go? That would eliminate the need to go browsing around multiple drives to find the place where one stores Reaper project folders!
because the default project path is the last path you used to save a project. that's why it's a good idea to keep them all in the same folder. in the future you should first check the manual, then search the forum, then create your own thread if you can't figure it out. but it's not polite to hijack other people's threads. in any case, welcome.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:39 PM   #5
The Telenator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lape View Post
Hey guys...

I am getting crazy on this. I recorded some songs and switched between logic and reaper (because I can use the iPad app for logic <3 ). Sometimes I just drag and drop files into the reaper project. Now time has passed and I have multiple tracks with multiple files in different folders (BACKSLAPPING)...

In Logic there is a ITEM Browser where I can see the directories of every region / item in my project. There I can reorganize it and put them all into ONE project folder.
But I can't find it in Reaper...

Please help me! There are thousand folders with wavs and peak file. I need to clean my disk!

Cheers, Lape
Aside from the good advice xpander gave you, try keeping written notes about the what and whereabouts in an actual notebook. As in a LOG. that is the studio way ... even today but even moreso in the past pre-computer world.
The Telenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 05:00 PM   #6
richie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo1 View Post
You can. Set a path in the project settings and save that as a default project template.