Old 02-20-2017, 07:57 PM   #1
inarisound
Human being with feelings

Default Automation on Items

Hello, can you please help me with couple of questions on automation...

1) When I apply FX on Item (not track) and automate different parameters on that FX all automation lines appear on the track and if you have more then 3 automation lines it is almost impossible to navigate them.... is there any way to put them on a separate subtracks ?

2) Is there any way to shorten amount of points created ? (select all points and make less points or smooth them)

3) When I create a point on automation and after that I create another point, previous dot(point) disappear... is there any way to not do that by default?

would really appreciate your help!
inarisound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:40 AM   #2
vitalker

Are all the questions about take FX automation?
vitalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:42 AM   #3
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by inarisound View Post

2) Is there any way to shorten amount of points created ? (select all points and make less points or smooth them)
Right click on selected envelope with selected points and "Reduce number of points"
Old 02-21-2017, 02:45 AM   #4
vitalker

Quote:

1) When I apply FX on Item (not track) and automate different parameters on that FX all automation lines appear on the track and if you have more then 3 automation lines it is almost impossible to navigate them.... is there any way to put them on a separate subtracks ?

3) When I create a point on automation and after that I create another point, previous dot(point) disappear... is there any way to not do that by default?
Could you please record gif, which will show what are you talking about? http://cockos.com/licecap/

3) It doesn't behave like this on my machine.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:06 PM   #5
vanhaze

Quote:

would really appreciate your help!
About your question 1):
What exactly do you mean by " almost impossible to navigate them" ?
If , by that, you mean, selecting them, there is always the almighty "select item under mouse" Action, which i use when an Item has lots of Take FX automation on it, making it almost impossible to select the Item when fairly zoomed out.

After using that selection Action, you can do all things, like copy the Item cut, nudge etc etc.