Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 03-26-2017, 11:23 PM   #1
RCJacH
Human being with feelings

Default Subproject: Save Prox and compress trim silence

I've been using subprojects while a lot recently (across different pcs as well), and I think one important missing action is to generate the .PROX file directly.
Currently if I'm editing a subproject alone, lets say on a different PC, I will need to open another empty project, then insert the edited project as an item to generate the .PROX file, and then transfer both files to main computer.
Or when I'm using rpp file in RSO5, I have to delete the sample, then add it again to regenerate the .PROX file. Thus if I could use an action that directly generate .PROX file, it would save hours.

At the same time, I wonder if it would be possible to implement some sort of a compressing algorithm that would only keeps audio signal above -inf in .PROX files. Right now I may have few guitar tracks as a guitar-stem subproject, with each track going into a different stereo output. However, some of the tracks may only have short passages at the beginning and at the end of the piece, with huge amount of silence filling between. When that's bounced, it's taking a lot of SSD space just to record the silence...So right now I end up just saving stereo, which is sub-par to what it could be.
RCJacH is offline   Reply With Quote