Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 07-13-2015, 11:57 AM   #1
ummagumma
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper & Roland Octa Capture.....W7 problems

I have an Octa Capture I cannot get to work at all on my system

W7 64bit

I spent a few hours updating my motherboard bios/drivers, doing windows updates etc to no avail. I even uninstalled my sound card ( M-Audio Delta 66 )

pretty annoying...

I had it working previously but it seems the new Octa Capture drivers ( 1.52 I think ) are not playing nice with my system...it will not recognize/install the bloody thing

Does anyone happen to have any older versions of the Octa Capture drivers? They don't have old/archived ones on the Roland site. and I can't find my original install discs

Thx for any help!
ummagumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 02:13 PM   #2
ummagumma

ah, I just noticed something...from:

http://www.roland.ca/products/octa-capture/downloads/

"* When you use this driver version, the OCTA-CAPTURE system program MUST be updated to the latest version (Ver.1.5.0 or later)."

So I installed those USB drivers but haven't updated the firmware of the Octa Capture to match. that probably explains it

I wish I could just get the old drivers though. There were some people having problems with the new firmware and it's not possible to rollback AFAIK
Old 07-14-2015, 11:21 PM   #3
Tommy V

Quote:
Originally Posted by ummagumma View Post
ah, I just noticed something...from:

http://www.roland.ca/products/octa-capture/downloads/

"* When you use this driver version, the OCTA-CAPTURE system program MUST be updated to the latest version (Ver.1.5.0 or later)."

So I installed those USB drivers but haven't updated the firmware of the Octa Capture to match. that probably explains it
This definitely explains it. The Octa-Capture hardware must have its firmware updated to match the current driver (v1.5 or newer) in order for v1.52 to work properly. I'm also using an Octa-Capture with W7/64 and did update to the 1.50 version when it came out, but didn't go for 1.5.1 or 1.5.2 ... no reason to, as the .1 and .2 versions were mainly for W/8 and W/8.1 ... however, the 1.50 is a nice upgrade of the GUI and interface functionality so you might want to eventually install it.

*That* being said ... it's a dicey procedure to update the firmware, and if it's done wrong could render your hardware as a useless brick ... so don't go that route just yet.

With that in mind:

Quote:
I wish I could just get the old drivers though. There were some people having problems with the new firmware and it's not possible to rollback AFAIK
I have the original installation CD (circa 2011, which should bring you back to where you want) ... however, my Octa-Capture package is in offsite storage, not readily available at the moment. If you like please PM me and we can discuss how to get a copy of the original installation CD to you.

Regards,
Tommy V

Oh, and welcome to the Reaper Forum !! You'll find so many knowledgeable and helpful ppl here ... one of the finest audio related forums on the internet
Old 02-03-2018, 08:04 PM   #4
ummagumma

hey a long-belated thank you

yes I did get it working after all. it must have been that driver update

cheers!