Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2017, 04:29 PM   #1
SymboliC
Human being with feelings

Default 3 technical questions (Kontakt, Preferences & dual monitors)

Hi,

I would like to get some help with those quesitons below.

1) I recently bought a 32" Samsung TV that I use as main monitor with my PC and just put the old LG 22" monitor away.

I'd like to use both of them. I have Radeon R9 285 and know that it can support dual monitors.

I've just seen a recent topic here and the OP states he uses 1 for the main window and the other for Plug-in/VST viewing purposes. How do you set this up?...
That particular topic is this one ->
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=189590

2) Within my projects, I use 2-3 or maybe even 4 Kontakt instances. None of those are filled up to their output limits. Some have empty slots for new multis/instruments. The reason for this is that I group different type of instruments and FX'es within different instances of Kontakt.

I recently started to experience slow load times of projects. Does using a bunch of Kontakt instances cause this or is it just because of many different libraries that are involved within the project?

3) THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION WITHIN THESE THREE.

I'm planning to move my os/system (Windows 10) onto a SSD disk but postponing the whole process because of heavy laziness & also serious considerations about losing all settings and so.

Apart from many other graphical projects, applications that are installed I'm really worried about losing my project defaults/VST settings and all nice choices that I go with in my REAPER projects.

Once upon a time I have asked this question and some people told me that all the settings and parameters will be left as is and will appear correctly once I install the VSTs after Reaper installation.

But, of course, it didn't go that smooth. Probably because I have forgotten to backup VST specific presets and little files.

The question is,
IS there a script or tool which, in a way, records all the settings (by saying all, I mean it. From fader postions to VST specific parameters) in a TXT file or something like that?

In graphical softwares like Freehand there was an option "collect outsources" or something like that which copies the embedded bitmaps, font files and all other things in the project folder.

I'd like to have this feature in Reaper.

Please let me know if you have answers for any of these 3 questions.

Thank you all!
SymboliC is offline   Reply With Quote