Old 01-07-2017, 06:27 PM   #1
jonlint
Human being with feelings

Default 3rd Metal EP Song - Critique Requested

Working on the 3rd song from my band’s first EP, applying some stuff from NTM (Nail The Mix). Feedback welcome:

http://ovh.to/Nea6MV

No amp sims, no drum samples, no bass amp sims. 100% analogue.
jonlint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:25 PM   #2
BRBWaffles

The guitar tones are actually pretty sick. I'd like to know the rig you used and the settings, haha. The kick is inaudible in some places. Needs more compression on the bass, 'cause it wobbles in and out pretty consistently. The toms sound distant, but I'm not sure if that's the sound you were going for or not. Most of the issues I'm hearing are in balance and compression.

I would avoid Nail the Mix unless it's actually Joey who's teaching consistently. Joel seems to make really bad decisions constantly, but he does them so confidently that it's tempting to think he's doing something right when he's actually just making a mess. Eyal seems to be pretty technically skilled, but he's very biased and strongly opinionated. It's really difficult to tell when that guy is giving good advice sometimes or saying nonsense because he's biased. Joey seems the be the most knowledgeable and skilled, as well as having very little ego. If you can get over his social awkwardness he's the best teacher on there.
BRBWaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:44 AM   #3
BCF1

The drums do seem distant and the kick sound that I hear most is "click", the drum sound overall needs some attention methinks. Maybe the vox are a hair loud, if not overall then in a few spots ?? Guitar tones are pretty Sick
Never heard of "Nail the Mix" so no opinions about that, them or whatever..
Cool enough tune as is, but I think it would be better with some tweakin.
Thanx for sharing it !!!
BCF1 is offline   Reply With Quote