Old 07-01-2014, 10:45 PM   #761
vanhaze
Human being with feelings

Awesome, thank you !
vanhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:18 PM   #762
Jeffsounds

Great news, Albert! Please keep us informed...
Old 07-09-2014, 04:03 PM   #763
Noizeskill

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertxxxx View Post
well, I have had to also order some specific parts as I use a hackintosh .... hope to have it ready this week

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps68bd2fa4.jpg

there's two colors track's in tcp all to the left.. grey for the "normal tracks"
And green "for the folders traks"...
there's maybe a way to have some others colors ?
Anyone know how to do this ?
Noizeskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:35 PM   #764
Jeffsounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noizeskill View Post
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps68bd2fa4.jpg

there's two colors track's in tcp all to the left.. grey for the "normal tracks"
And green "for the folders traks"...
there's maybe a way to have some others colors ?
Anyone know how to do this ?
You can RIGHT click on the track, go to Default Menu and you'll see where you can choose colors.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:39 AM   #765
albertxxxx

working again .... finally
Old 07-10-2014, 04:40 AM   #766
Juca

Good news!
Nice see you working newly.
Best regards.
Juca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:41 AM   #767
Fergler

This is excellent news!

What's next on the table to be worked on?
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:51 AM   #768
albertxxxx

Improve, correct and polish the rc2 version .... for the launch of the official version ....
Old 07-10-2014, 12:15 PM   #769
Jeffsounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertxxxx View Post
Improve, correct and polish the rc2 version .... for the launch of the official version ....
Awesome, Albert! Thanks for the update!

YOU ROCK!
Old 07-19-2014, 01:54 AM   #770
paulheu

Looks real good. Just put in a donation and looking forward to using the theme..
paulheu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:49 AM   #771
tweed

YEAH! having the best time with theme.

[recap] Also, yes, the 'track fx param' little boxes (as mentioned earlier) are workable enough. Guessing you're aware of their state of course.
tweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:22 PM   #772
paulheu

skin is great, I have questions though. prob more to come

This seems to be a scaling issue;

When collapsed the tracks in a folder seem to be not showing;

I also noticed this:

Lastly, I feel the creation of folders and adding tracks to it is not very intuitive. In the track for the screenshot attached I needed to put two tracks into a folder to get an effect on both as a stereo pair and could not get it done. The tracks are the last two in the keys folder and when I add the folder, then add the two tracks to it the VOX folder as a whole gets added under that folder as well as the effect folder below it. I need to get back to the default skin to do that. (hope that I explained it clear enough..

Overall I think the skin is really great, it need a few fixes here and there though
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reaperfull.jpg (55.4 KB, 226 views)

Last edited by paulheu; 07-20-2014 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:18 AM   #773
albertxxxx

TRANSPORT BUG
HI .... use center transport control to fix ....

TCP BUGS
Fixing ........
Old 07-27-2014, 11:37 AM   #774
Jeffsounds

Update, Albert?
Old 07-27-2014, 05:04 PM   #775
albertxxxx

working .... slowly .... but working ....

my job does not allow me to go faster ... sorry
Old 07-27-2014, 06:45 PM   #776
Jeffsounds

Cool! Thanks for the update! You DA MAN!
Old 07-28-2014, 02:35 AM   #777
vanhaze

Many, many thx Albert !!
Old 07-28-2014, 11:00 AM   #778
Luxmaji

Amazing Theme!

For some reason (user error could be to blame) I can no longer see any values when moving the pan, width, or while using Dual pan.

Thank you for all the effort,

L
Luxmaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:31 AM   #779
albertxxxx

Working Update 2.0

these are some visible changes

+ correct and improve the look of tcp

+ New layout in the transport bar (smaller playrate)

+ new icons in midi editor

+ Fixing some bugs in mixer and tcp

Last edited by albertxxxx; 08-05-2014 at 04:41 AM.
albertxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 05:10 AM   #780
vanhaze

So cool, thank you !
Old 08-05-2014, 10:04 AM   #781
Jeffsounds

Awesome, Albert!
Old 08-05-2014, 12:43 PM   #782
albertxxxx

V2.0 OFFICIAL SENT
If anyone has not RECEIVED, email or mp

Last edited by albertxxxx; 08-05-2014 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:33 AM   #783
JDL

The playrate fader is still exactly as big as it was in rc2 for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg playrate.jpg (45.2 KB, 163 views)
JDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #784
albertxxxx

you must change it in screenset / layouts ...the layouts for the transport bar, master, etc. are changed from there

Last edited by albertxxxx; 08-06-2014 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:46 PM   #785
ColdMachinery

im sorry to say this but justin needs to kick white tie out as the lead reaper gui designer and replace him with albert. if white tie is such a great gui designer then why does everybody always call the default theme ugly. because hes not. albert has proven himself to by the number one hope for reapers look or rather lack of it. and if justin can't see that albert is that hope instead white tie then i feel sorry for him because albert is the best gui designer since silent who has gone awol. i think in terms of creativity lamda is the best but he we don't even know who the hell he is. so albert is the best choice but please no more white tie interfaces. this is only my opinion though so others may prefer white ties work but for me its bleh.
ColdMachinery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:52 PM   #786
loo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdMachinery View Post
im sorry to say this but justin needs to kick white tie out as the lead reaper gui designer and replace him with albert. if white tie is such a great gui designer then why does everybody always call the default theme ugly. because hes not. albert has proven himself to by the number one hope for reapers look or rather lack of it. and if justin can't see that albert is that hope instead white tie then i feel sorry for him because albert is the best gui designer since silent who has gone awol. i think in terms of creativity lamda is the best but he we don't even know who the hell he is. so albert is the best choice but please no more white tie interfaces. this is only my opinion though so others may prefer white ties work but for me its bleh.
The default reaper theme is far more functional than Albert's themes though (no offence). Good design is not just eye candy.
loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:34 PM   #787
albertxxxx

I'm not offended ... just the opposite ... the themes are a world, it is impossible to like everyone ... and the functionality is the same .....always have to find a middle ground ... between a beautiful and functional theme.
It is what I try, but there are always barriers due to limitations
Old 08-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #788
albertxxxx

Quote:
No please .... WT is a great MASTER
Old 08-07-2014, 06:07 PM   #789
BeatPsychic

Quote:
All are great theme designers. But, you need to understand that there is a HUGE difference between usability and aesthetics. User Experience and User Interaction design is a very complex subject that takes many more elements into consideration than just visual beauty (which is a highly subjective component to begin with). Once you start to understand the other components that go into a great design, you'll understand why the default theme is designed the way it is... Just my 2 cents.
BeatPsychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:05 PM   #790
pattste

Quote:
As far as I know the default theme wasn't created exclusively by White Tie, it was team work led by White Tie. That being said, I have never liked the default theme. When version 4 came out, I kept using the version 3 theme until I switched to Rado, Rado-Vox and eventually ReaBorn. Rado and Reaborn are Nick Moritz themes and in my opinion he was the best themer in Reaperland. I find most themes in the stash unusable and ugly as hell personally, most are much worse than Default.
pattste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:37 PM   #791
Fergler

I use Default Analog 1.8 which is essentially just the default theme with expanded layouts and dark tracks available. I am quite confused as to why the default Reaper theme has bright tracks and dark everywhere else, it's difficult to concentrate when there's such high contrast. Contrast is for text and buttons, not modules/boxes with few exceptions (warning labels, parameter groupings in plugins which are 'master', that sorta thing).

I think the actual design is great albeit a bit 'bubbly' looking.

As for Albert's Pro Tools theme, I think it looks even better than the official GUI of Pro Tools. This is in part due Reaper simply having a better and more customizable layout but also just great art by Albert.

Unfortunately I have no way of donating to you!

My only gripe is those M and S buttons, I think they are hella ugly but there's nothing a little photoshop can't cure when I someday get my hands on this theme.
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:46 PM   #792
ColdMachinery

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattste View Post
As far as I know the default theme wasn't created exclusively by White Tie, it was team work led by White Tie. That being said, I have never liked the default theme. When version 4 came out, I kept using the version 3 theme until I switched to Rado, Rado-Vox and eventually ReaBorn. Rado and Reaborn are Nick Moritz themes and in my opinion he was the best themer in Reaperland. I find most themes in the stash unusable and ugly as hell personally, most are much worse than Default.
i agree with you on nick after finding his themes. rado 4/reaborn series is very impressive. he is the best. but albert is definitely very good
Old 08-07-2014, 07:47 PM   #793
ColdMachinery

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatPsychic View Post
All are great theme designers. But, you need to understand that there is a HUGE difference between usability and aesthetics. User Experience and User Interaction design is a very complex subject that takes many more elements into consideration than just visual beauty (which is a highly subjective component to begin with). Once you start to understand the other components that go into a great design, you'll understand why the default theme is designed the way it is... Just my 2 cents.
i do see what your saying.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:18 PM   #794
paulheu

I think this theme is real nice and will for sure get better over time but the latest posters are right that UI is not all about pretty. There is some important stuff that just will not work with the theme such as nesting tracks. I have to go back to the default theme or any theme for that as it just does not work in this one.

I'm not complaining here, just saying that while it's a decent skin and looks great it's not the 'Mother of all skins' and it lacks too much functionality to be a full replacement for the default skin which IMO is fine really.

If only we had on-click access to individual inserts in TCP like in the mixer.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:21 AM   #795
albertxxxx

mmmm .... button for (inserts) you have in the tcp ... is the only button that can be created in the tcp .... reaper does not let you create the buttons as in the mixer.
and the other question I assume you mean the folder tracks? ...or you mean something else?
Old 08-08-2014, 09:12 AM   #796
paulheu

Hi Albert.. Yes I know that, I'm not blaming you here, just secretly plugging a feature request for Reaper itself..

The folder issue is that I just can't get a track inside a folder which is in another folder. It either messes up the folder structure or pulls in other tracks from underneath it. You do not have the simple way of organizing like you have in the default skin (drag em with the blue guideline.. Or maybe I am missing something, but I just can't do it..
Old 08-08-2014, 09:14 AM   #797
Juca

Albert, I believe paulheu is referring is that in the TCP we haven´t the same individual insert slots as we have in the MCP. In the TCP we have only one FX button, not individual buttons, one for each FX inserted in the track.
But this isn´t a theme functionality. It´s a program funcionality. In the default REAPER theme also is so.
Greetings.
Juca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:00 PM   #798
hopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulheu View Post
The folder issue is that I just can't get a track inside a folder which is in another folder. It either messes up the folder structure or pulls in other tracks from underneath it. You do not have the simple way of organizing like you have in the default skin (drag em with the blue guideline.. Or maybe I am missing something, but I just can't do it..
I can do it fine by just watching the blue line and dragging the track[s] where wanted...

It is not as clear as some themes what the folder structure is but if you carefully look at the very thin lines at the left or hover over the left bottom edge of the folder tracks you get a pop up saying what the track is... folder or whatever it is...

I prefer to see folder structure in another way, but this is Albert's theme, not mine.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:32 AM   #799
hearteh

I much prefer the version 1.04. Its just cleaner and easier to see on my screen at least.
hearteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:37 AM   #800
paulheu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
I prefer to see folder structure in another way, but this is Albert's theme, not mine.
Exactly, I'd prefer it be different but it's not that much of a deal. I just jump to the default theme to set it up.