Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 09-17-2016, 05:11 AM   #1
adkrocks
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper Outputs audio only at Startup for 1 Second and then no ouput can be heard

Hey guys, please help me out as I have been searching for a solution to this problem for over a week, I was working on a project where i was trying to integrate OscBridge by touch Osc with reaper when suddenly I could not listen to any audio from Reaper, my audio device is set to where it should be and i can see levels on all the tracks.

While troubleshooting and trying out i found out that the audio can be heard at startup of Reaper, i could know this by inserting a pink noise generator in a test project and leaving it on.

Please help me out as I cant work any further on my projects.

Looking forward for some help, i would really be grateful to you guys for help

Last edited by adkrocks; 09-17-2016 at 05:19 AM.
adkrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 05:48 AM   #2
vanhaze

Did you check Reaper's Routing Matrix and look if Tracks are routed to "master/parent" and
that "master output" is routed to the right outputs of your audio device ?

In Preferences > Audio > Device : did you check if the right audio device is choosen ?
vanhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 08:22 AM   #3
serr

So Reaper launches and then it's like the master fader gets a command right away to to pull it down. (Example speculation to fit the symptom.)

That you hear that little bit of audio suggests that your interface is connected. I know that when you launch Reaper with a control surface "attached" to it, the CS initializes a moment after Reaper appears on the screen.

So, installing the touch control surface app stuff and then seeing that initial audio chirp like that leads me to the above speculation. Maybe not that specific guess (ie. the main fader) but something along those lines.

I'd take the easy way out myself. Roll back your system to before you installed that from a backup and retrace your steps.
serr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:18 AM   #4
adkrocks

Hi guys, thank you so much for replying
@vanhaze : I have tried everything that you mentioned, also tried running a new test session with just one track to the master parent send, it shows levels but there is no output, only through Reaper, rest of the apps for eg iTunes , audio midi setup are providing proper output.
@serr:I ll try out rolling back the system to a restore point as I think that is the only option left with me, I am running two OSxs in my iMac one is Mountain lion and one is Yosemite, Reaper outputs audio when it runs on Mountain lion but fails to output audio in Yosemite, and the main reason to use Yosemite is as a lot of plugins that I use do not support mountain lion
adkrocks is offline   Reply With Quote