Old 05-01-2015, 10:58 AM   #1
vitalker
Human being with feelings

Default v4.78rc1 - May 1 2015

v4.78rc1 - May 1 2015
+ OSX: fixed issues with listviews on Yosemite and trackpads
# Actions: fixed MIDI shortcuts improperly triggering alt-recording actions [p=1510114] (this is essentially a cherry-pick of e7dcb7ae)
# OSX: fixed project directory cleanup treating recording files as unused
vitalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:36 AM   #2
wallace

Great!
wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:40 AM   #3
nofish

OT deleted

Last edited by nofish; 05-01-2015 at 12:49 PM.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:04 PM   #4
Justin
Administrator

For purposes of my comfort in getting 4.78 released, I'd appreciate it if you would post in this thread if you're testing 4.78 and haven't had any issues. Thanks!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:58 PM   #5
swiiscompos

When I have several MIDI tracks visible in the MIDI editor the position of the notes in some tracks changes (quite a lot) depending on the zoom. It's probably not a new bug but I just discovered it and it's a critical problem when working with many MIDI tracks.

swiiscompos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:02 PM   #6
heda

swiiscompos, how can it be? something is really messed up.
Try gluing all the midi items?
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 07:32 AM   #7
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiiscompos View Post
When I have several MIDI tracks visible in the MIDI editor the position of the notes in some tracks changes (quite a lot) depending on the zoom. It's probably not a new bug but I just discovered it and it's a critical problem when working with many MIDI tracks.

can you post a minimal rpp that can reproduce this? thanks!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:53 PM   #8
swiiscompos

Sure, here it is.

One example: select the first track in the midi editor and make all the others visible, then zoom in and out around bar 40.

As you can see different items will present this problem depending on which item is highlighted.

Last edited by swiiscompos; 01-04-2016 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:15 PM   #9
heda

@swiiscompos. I've seen your project, as I expected this may be because you have some items to ignore tempo.
Glue all the items and it will fix it.
Old 05-02-2015, 02:36 PM   #10
Tod

Default Clicking in ME puts Transport in Play...

I hate to bring this up again but I'm having a lot of problems with the transport being engaged when I click on a note, or basically just click anywhere in the Midi Editor.

There have been a few others that have confirmed the problem, but if it was happening to others like it's happening to me, I would think there would be a lot more chatter and if it's a real bug, there would be a lot of others beside myself who would be posting about it.

It's not a life threatening thing, basically I just have to click on the space bar twice to stop it. Why I have to click twice I'm not sure. It's as if when it starts playing, the transport doesn't know it, so I need to click once to affirm that it's in play, and then click again to stop it.

If it truly is just me, wouldn't it have to be a setting or a combination of settings? And if so, what could those settings be?

I would use a fresh portable install and give that a try, but the problem is so random that it could still allude me and I'd end up with a lot of wasted time.

It might happen just once a day, twice a day, or it could happen several times a day. It might not even happen at all, however, it usually happens at least once a day and actually it's been happening quite frequently.

I'll admit, I spend a lot of time in the Midi Editor, but I'm sure there are others that spend at least the same amount of time if not more.

EDIT: I should add that I thought this started with V4.6 but I re-loaded V4.5 and it's also happening there. It's also happening with V5.

Last edited by Tod; 05-02-2015 at 02:50 PM.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 02:52 PM   #11
heda

Hi Tod, I've never had this problem you mention. Did you modify mouse modifiers? I would reset them to default ones. Those random bugs are the hardest ones.
By the way it would be great to have a button per page to reset settings to default ones. Many times we change many settings and we forget what are the default ones and we have to install a portable new version to compare.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:56 PM   #12
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
Hi Tod, I've never had this problem you mention. Did you modify mouse modifiers? I would reset them to default ones. Those random bugs are the hardest ones.
Thanks heda, I don't think I did anything special with the mouse modifiers. I'd have to check but I think they're all mostly the defaults.

Quote:
By the way it would be great to have a button per page to reset settings to default ones. Many times we change many settings and we forget what are the default ones and we have to install a portable new version to compare.
Yeah, true, but at the same time it's good to know which exact setting is the problem.

Since I haven't made a lot of significant changes I probably don't mind resetting the defaults. I actually do have 3 different portable installs to work with so it's not that big of deal to reset one of them for testing.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:04 PM   #13
swiiscompos

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
@swiiscompos. I've seen your project, as I expected this may be because you have some items to ignore tempo.
Glue all the items and it will fix it.
It is related. I think that when a item set to ignore the tempo is selected the "normal" items will shift when zooming. When a normal item is selected then it's the items that ignore the tempo that shift.

I can glue all the items that ignore the tempo but it's a workaround that I would rather avoid. (I use a lot this kind of items and don't want to glue separate items together)
Old 05-02-2015, 04:16 PM   #14
heda

@swiiscompos
I mean gluing them independently. not all together. I agree this is a workaround.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:57 PM   #15
xpander

So far no bad surprises testing 4.78rc1 with various projects.

---
Small niggle which has been there for quite some time already. If the video window is left open when another project is opened, it will display the last still video screen from the previous project. This unless the new opened project has a video file which will start from the project start > it will replace the previous project video.

Only a still image, no real video leftover but little confusing for a moment, especially when jumping between video projects.

Same in v5 pres.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 01:30 AM   #16
Tale

I have been running 4.78pre1&2 for quite some time without issues, so I don't expect any with 4.78rc1. But then again, I have installed it only a few minutes ago, so I guess it is a little early to tell.
Tale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 03:18 PM   #17
ELP

"TOD:Clicking in ME puts Transport in Play..."

today 8* in one hour........

it´s in both V4... and also V5prexx
Old 05-05-2015, 05:46 PM   #18
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELP View Post
"TOD:Clicking in ME puts Transport in Play..."

today 8* in one hour........

it´s in both V4... and also V5prexx
Thanks a lot ELP, I needed that....

I found out something else today, at least for me.

When it happens, the midi track I'm working on get's soloed until I hit the space bar. Then it starts playing again starting at the cursor and it's not soloed any more, all tracks are playing until I hit the Space Bar again.

I can't believe it's not happening to others, maybe we work in the Midi Editor more often.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:02 PM   #19
Tod

Ran across another problem today with v4.78rc1.

In the arrange, if the cursor is to the left out of view, when I hit Play (using either the Space Bar or transport) the view doesn't scroll to the Edit Cursor (seek the cursor).

Also, when the play cursor finally emerges into view, when I hit Stop, it also doesn't scroll to the Edit Cursor.

I'm not sure when this started but it's not happening in v4.75.

I checked the prefs for both Playback and Seeking and they were the same for both v4.78rc1 and v4.75.

If there's not a setting somewhere then I'm not sure what it could be.

EDIT: This was my fault, there is a setting I must have unchecked, sorry about that..

Last edited by Tod; 08-10-2015 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:57 PM   #20
WyattRice

Default Crossfade Bug?

Sorry for posting this here, but thought it was important.
Not sure if this is a bug or not.
Could you guys check these two threads?

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=163855

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=163783
Old 08-10-2015, 07:44 AM   #21
Icchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
I can't believe it's not happening to others, maybe we work in the Midi Editor more often.
Happens to me a lot when doing a lot of work in the MIDI editor, especially when I try to scrub the MIDI in complex orchestrations with multiple items selected.

Annoying when you're on time pressure.
Icchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:21 PM   #22
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icchan View Post
Happens to me a lot when doing a lot of work in the MIDI editor, especially when I try to scrub the MIDI in complex orchestrations with multiple items selected.

Annoying when you're on time pressure.
Yes, really and truly it happens a lot, and there's no one thing that initiates it. I might just click in the ME to unselect something and it takes off. I think I've even had it happen when clicking the time bar.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:41 AM   #23
gofer
-blänk-

Quote:
Yes, really and truly it happens a lot, and there's no one thing that initiates it. I might just click in the ME to unselect something and it takes off. I think I've even had it happen when clicking the time bar.
Have to say it never happened here. I've been deliberately using v4.78 for my latest project (instead of the v5rc's) that is almost entirely MIDI, so I clicked notes/empty area/CCs a zillion times for several days now. There has to be some setting or combination of settings (I'm suspecting mouse modifiers mostly) triggering it for you folks.

Is it also happening with v5 rc's (with the same settings as those you use now)?
Maybe, as you now say it's happening to you a lot, could you be bothered to try a fresh (portable) install?
Also, does it do the reverse as well - stop transport if it's running?
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 09:02 AM   #24
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
Have to say it never happened here. I've been deliberately using v4.78 for my latest project (instead of the v5rc's) that is almost entirely MIDI, so I clicked notes/empty area/CCs a zillion times for several days now. There has to be some setting or combination of settings (I'm suspecting mouse modifiers mostly) triggering it for you folks.
Hi gofer, I suspect a setting or combination of settings too, but I wouldn't have a clue where to start to look.

What I might do is post pictures of my mouse settings for you and others to look at, maybe someone will see something.

Quote:
Is it also happening with v5 rc's (with the same settings as those you use now)?
Yes, it also happens with Reaper 5, but then I have the same configuration in v5 as I do v4.

Quote:
Maybe, as you now say it's happening to you a lot, could you be bothered to try a fresh (portable) install?
I suppose I could, I've already got fresh potable installs with out my configurations, just for testing and checking things out.

The problem is I could spend 2, 3, or more hours knocking and bashing things around, and still not know anything.

I could try to actually work on a project or two, but it would be very difficult, if not impossible, without all my customized actions and such.

Quote:
Also, does it do the reverse as well - stop transport if it's running?
No, I don't think that's ever happened, although I do very little editing while the transport is in play. I do record stuff with my midi keyboard but that's not the same as using the mouse.

The peculiar thing is, when it happens. Play is engaged and the track is soloed. Then when I hit the space bar to stop it, it un-solos the track, goes back to the edit cursor, and continues playing from there. Of course it then stops when I hit the space bar again.

It appears to me, that when the track is soloed and play is engaged, Reaper doesn't know it. So then when I hit play again, it's simply doing what it should do.

I'll try to find some time to get pictures of my mouse modifiers in the next few days. I'd sure like to get to the bottom of it.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:36 AM   #25
EvilDragon

Quote:
What I might do is post pictures of my mouse settings for you and others to look at, maybe someone will see something.
Wouldn't it be better/easier to just post your mouse modifiers settings as a preset file (since you can save all contexts in one file)? Then stuff can be immediately tested.
EvilDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:23 AM   #26
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Wouldn't it be better/easier to just post your mouse modifiers settings as a preset file (since you can save all contexts in one file)? Then stuff can be immediately tested.
Thanks ED, I'm not sure I what you mean, do you mean my config files for "Cursors and key maps"?

I've already taken a little time to get some picts so I'll post these.

Since it mainly, or only, happens with left clicking things, I only got the midi modifiers that used "Left Click".

Old 08-11-2015, 10:34 AM   #27
Icchan

Quote:
Thanks ED, I'm not sure I what you mean, do you mean my config files for "Cursors and key maps"?
All Reaper configs (mouse modifiers included) can be extracted as a preference file that can be loaded by other user easily to test or use the same settings. You'll find this from "General" tab of the preferences and you can choose what settings to export.

It's really good function that few DAWs have since you can bring your own settings to another studio or exchange settings between two different installations of Reaper easily.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:36 AM   #28
EvilDragon

I just mean this:

Far easier and faster than trying to duplicate your mouse modifier setup from images.
EvilDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:29 AM   #29
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icchan View Post
All Reaper configs (mouse modifiers included) can be extracted as a preference file that can be loaded by other user easily to test or use the same settings. You'll find this from "General" tab of the preferences and you can choose what settings to export.
Thanks Icchan, yeah, I use that all the time.

Quote:
I just mean this:

Far easier and faster than trying to duplicate your mouse modifier setup from images.
Okay ED, I'd already saved the three MIDI MouseMaps I have in the picture above, but then seeing your directions, I also saved them all. I put them all in a ZIP file.

http://stash-new.reaper.fm/24784/Mou..._context_1.zip

I appreciate you or anyone taking the time to check it out.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:00 PM   #30
Icchan

Quote:
I just mean this:
[snip]
Oh right, I forgot it had it's own export/import function too