COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Other Software Discussion > The Camel Farm

Old 03-31-2010, 10:16 PM   #1
macbill
Human being with feelings

Post All Camel sites - Product Lists can be cross-searched

Dan,

I would like to be able to cross import my list to the other camel sites. For example, a product sold at Best Buy is available at Amazon and I would like to find out who has the lowest price.

This would be a great feature and save time adding them by hand.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:27 PM   #2
Dan
up here in my tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbill View Post
Dan,

I would like to be able to cross import my list to the other camel sites. For example, a product sold at Best Buy is available at Amazon and I would like to find out who has the lowest price.

Now THAT is a clever way to make the wishlist importer more useful. And I don't think any of the retailers will have a problem with that, so I will look into this!

The main obstacle that I can see is the mapping of products from one retailer to another; some have entirely different skus or lack upcs, which make them a little harder to match.

Thanks for sharing this idea. It's a good one :]
Old 04-01-2010, 12:25 AM   #3
macbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Now THAT is a clever way to make the wishlist importer more useful. And I don't think any of the retailers will have a problem with that, so I will look into this!

The main obstacle that I can see is the mapping of products from one retailer to another; some have entirely different skus or lack upcs, which make them a little harder to match.

Thanks for sharing this idea. It's a good one :]
Well, even a "manual importer", i.e. is this the item...can be good, or say by UPC number, but than, I've seen different UPC numbers on same items, say a 3rd party selling the item in someone's store.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:06 AM   #4
Dan
up here in my tree

Quote:
Well, even a "manual importer", i.e. is this the item...can be good, or say by UPC number, but than, I've seen different UPC numbers on same items, say a 3rd party selling the item in someone's store.
UPCs are, by nature, universal. Whether or not they are always provided to us by each retailer is a different story.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:32 PM   #5
macbill

Exclamation

Quote:
UPCs are, by nature, universal. Whether or not they are always provided to us by each retailer is a different story.
It's been my experience when buying a Video game, I've seen two different UPC numbers on the product. They were priced at two price points. If you need a specific example, let me know.

-- macbill
Old 04-04-2010, 08:37 PM   #6
Dan
up here in my tree

Quote:
It's been my experience when buying a Video game, I've seen two different UPC numbers on the product. They were priced at two price points. If you need a specific example, let me know.

-- macbill
My understanding is that one product has one UPC. A game sold for multiple consoles and/or PC would have a UPC for each flavor of that game.

I would definitely appreciate some examples. I could very easily be mistaken!
Old 04-04-2010, 08:40 PM   #7
macbill

Default Wii play hard

Quote:
My understanding is that one product has one UPC. A game sold for multiple consoles and/or PC would have a UPC for each flavor of that game.

I would definitely appreciate some examples. I could very easily be mistaken!
I had bought by mistake two games with the same title. The covers were the same, but one of the two had a sticker over the UPC area with a different UPC code. I take it that if it were scanned with the original UPC, it would have the higher price. My take is that it is a 3rd party vendor who placed that game in the store so he gets the sale of the product. This can be at Best Buy or Toys R Us.

I found one here as an example

Title: Petz Crazy Monkeyz for the Wii
UPC on box: 0-08888-17434-9
UPC on Sticker over box: 6-96055-16573-5

Hope this helps...

Last edited by macbill; 04-04-2010 at 08:43 PM. Reason: found UPC codes
Old 04-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #8
Dan
up here in my tree

Quote:
I had bought by mistake two games with the same title. The covers were the same, but one of the two had a sticker over the UPC area with a different UPC code. I take it that if it were scanned with the original UPC, it would have the higher price. My take is that it is a 3rd party vendor who placed that game in the store so he gets the sale of the product. This can be at Best Buy or Toys R Us.

I found one here as an example

Title: Petz Crazy Monkeyz for the Wii
UPC on box: 0-08888-17434-9
UPC on Sticker over box: 6-96055-16573-5

Hope this helps...
The first UPC brings up the game in Google and the second, nothing. A valid UPC should show up somewhere, so I wonder if that UPC was unique to the store, say someone returned it and they were reselling it at a cheaper price.

You might also see a different UPC if a company ships a "gold"/"classic" or updated version of a game after its original release.

Last edited by Dan; 04-04-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:13 AM   #9
snipe67
Banned

Default Thats a good i dea!!!!

Quote:
Dan,

yes thats a good a idea in that way if you buy a bulk of products you have a chance to make a higher disccount.... cool.....
Old 06-03-2010, 06:12 AM   #10
Unregistered

The one on the sticker over the box is a probably a promo UPC for in store use only.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:51 AM   #11
macbill

Thumbs up UPC Sticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The one on the sticker over the box is a probably a promo UPC for in store use only.
I think you're probably correct on that. That way, the same item can ring up a different price and they don't have to update the inventory or whatever.