COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 10-12-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
CircuitsMan

Default Shipping cost not incuded?

How come shipping costs are not included in the tracked price? It would be nice to know as the shipping cost could be the difference of a few $$$. Particularly if you consider Amazon's "Super Saver Shipping".

Old 10-12-2009, 06:18 PM   #2
Dan
up here in my tree

We have a "filler finder" page but have not yet chosen to add shipping costs to prices regarding price watches, product pages, or anywhere else prices are displayed on the site. There isn't a specific thing stopping it from happening, I just want to make sure we do it in the most intuitive way.

Would you want shipping cost added to product prices everywhere, just where price drop alerts are concerned, etc? Any thoughts you have on this would be useful.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:40 PM   #3
CircuitsMan

My main concern is price drop alerts. Shipping costs will vary among the Amazon.com third parties. I am also interested in tracking prices across multiple sites, like Amazon and NewEgg, so knowing shipping costs there as well would be nice. The more money I save, the happier I am, even if it's only a few bucks.

I only started using your site last night, but I like what I see so far. We'll see how it goes.

Old 10-18-2009, 05:30 PM   #4
quidam
Human being with feelings

I'd love to see ones products tracking page be displayed in the same manner as the general product browser page (image then title, group, category, Manufacturer, EAN and then Amazon price, new price, used price). I'd find that info to be very helpful since one can also then sort by Amazon price, new price and used price rather than be limited to solely the individual selection the alert was created under. The desired price category could still be listed as is or added under the 3 pricing categories.

Re: the shipping cost.

I would want to be made aware when there is an item available from a Fulfillment by Amazon seller with a cheaper overall price (eg. $3 plus shipping from a third party seller but $5 including shipping from a Fulfillment by Amazon third party seller). Since third party sellers can't set their own shipping charges, every category has a fixed shipping price, and Amazon lists them in order of total price in their marketplace, perhaps the data can be pulled from that.

I think some means to reflect Fulfillment by Amazon pricing should be incorporated as that is the only way to insure accurate lowest total price for used/new third party listings.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:03 PM   #5
Dan
up here in my tree

Interesting ideas about the tracked products listing, guidam. You might see those changes in the nearish future.

edit: Also, speaking of changes - I think I'm going to make the search box at the top of the page search your tracked products when you are viewing the tracked products page. Makes sense, no!?

Last edited by Dan; 10-20-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:02 PM   #6
quidam
Human being with feelings

Any plans to implement a means to include Fulfillment by Amazon items in the results that reflect that total price (meaning $x is the total price rather than the before shipping price)?

It is probably most useful when browsing a category by price since when one normally sees $x they are then thinking plus $x in shipping so a Fulfillment but Amazon item at $x total gets mixed in with the only way to know that is the total price is to have to head to Amazon to confirm/do the research.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:25 PM   #7
Dan
up here in my tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by quidam View Post
Any plans to implement a means to include Fulfillment by Amazon items in the results that reflect that total price (meaning $x is the total price rather than the before shipping price)?

It is probably most useful when browsing a category by price since when one normally sees $x they are then thinking plus $x in shipping so a Fulfillment but Amazon item at $x total gets mixed in with the only way to know that is the total price is to have to head to Amazon to confirm/do the research.
I don't have a release date for you but it is on my to-do list. I think it's a good idea, and just need to figure out a way to include it without completely screwing up the site!
Old 04-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #8
Unregistered

Default shipping

I would like to encourage the developers to include shipping costs as soon as possible. It would be a great feature.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #9
Dan
up here in my tree

We will include shipping prices as soon as Amazon provides them to us. This is one data point that they do not provide...