COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 06-04-2010, 01:40 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default camel shows wrong prices

I'm seeing a few items display the wrong price (either higher or lower) even when I'm looking right at the Amazon page and I click the camel.

For example, http://www.amazon.com/Bugs-Bunny-Ext...d_bxgy_d_img_b shows $15.49 on Amazon and $14.99 on the camel.

http://www.amazon.com/Daffy-Duck-Fru...d_bxgy_d_img_b shows $14.99 on Amazon and $17.49 on the camel.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
Dan
up here in my tree

This looks like a bug related to how our system handles Pre Order items...they seem to be marked as "out of stock" at the moment, which means the price doesn't get updated.

Thanks for reporting this. I'll take a look and see what I can come up with!
Old 06-09-2010, 07:27 AM   #3
miker
Human being with feelings

I see a related problem. For 'Lewis - Series 4' DVD, Camel reports not in stock, but Amazon.uk says there is stock. The prices, however, seem to be correct on Camel.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:48 AM   #4
Unregistered

Default this one?

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B003A8FEUA

Old 06-10-2010, 12:17 PM   #5
miker

Yes, that is the one. Camel shows under the 'original price' column 'not in stock'. However, when I click on the buy now link, Amazon says there is stock and the price is £15.71. However, the 'current price' columns are almost correct: only the third-party new price is incorrect.

I just noticed another one: George Gently. Camel says the 3rd party new price is £9.26, but Amazon.uk says its £8.75

Last edited by miker; 06-10-2010 at 12:41 PM. Reason: added info
Old 06-10-2010, 01:56 PM   #6
Dan
up here in my tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by miker View Post
Yes, that is the one. Camel shows under the 'original price' column 'not in stock'. However, when I click on the buy now link, Amazon says there is stock and the price is £15.71. However, the 'current price' columns are almost correct: only the third-party new price is incorrect.

I just noticed another one: George Gently. Camel says the 3rd party new price is £9.26, but Amazon.uk says its £8.75
It looks like the first product is correct now, right? Maybe it was just updater lag.

If you look at the George Gently "offers" page, you see this:

http://img708.**************/img708/9...mazoncouku.png

Amazon says 8.75 is the lowest, but the lowest existing offer is 9.26. Unless the other offer is elsewhere and I'm missing it...
Old 06-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #7
Dan
up here in my tree

By the way, pre-order items are no longer marked as out of stock. This should be good news for people tracking such products =]
Old 06-11-2010, 12:31 AM   #8
miker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
It looks like the first product is correct now, right? Maybe it was just updater lag.

If you look at the George Gently "offers" page, you see this:

http://img708.**************/img708/9...mazoncouku.png

Amazon says 8.75 is the lowest, but the lowest existing offer is 9.26. Unless the other offer is elsewhere and I'm missing it...
If you mean 'first product' Lewis Series 4, then no, I still see a 'not in stock' on Camel and a 'in stock' on Amazon.

On the George Gently, yes - Camel is more accurate than Amazon!
Old 06-11-2010, 12:33 AM   #9
Dan
up here in my tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by miker View Post
If you mean 'first product' Lewis Series 4, then no, I still see a 'not in stock' on Camel and a 'in stock' on Amazon.

On the George Gently, yes - Camel is more accurate than Amazon!
http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B003A8FEUA

Looks like it lists the prices to me. Does that page show the product as out of stock to you?
Old 06-11-2010, 08:20 AM   #10
Nithya

If it does, then it could be a caching issue. A hard refresh (ctrl+f5) would probably fix it. But post here and let us know if that's the case, miker.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:21 AM   #11
miker

(Sorry for the delay. I've been away on a trip.) To be clear, when I look at the product page on Camel, it looks correct, like the example you posted. However, in the overview page (showing all products), the column called "Original Price" shows "Not in Stock" for only that DVD. The other columns seem correct.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:28 PM   #12
Nithya

Ah, I see what you're saying now. The original price column just shows the price the product was when you started tracking it (maybe we need to rename that to make it clearer). In your case, you probably started tracking that DVD when it was out of stock. The current price column is the one you should be looking at for the current price of the product.

I hope that makes sense.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:08 AM   #13
miker

Well, it sort of makes sense. If I want to know the current price, of course, I look in those columns. However, when I want to know the original price, I look in that column. If it can't show the original price (i.e., the price when inventory was available), then I think it would be a good idea to rename the column something else or possibly even removing it since it is really of limited interest (current price is why I use Camel).
Old 06-29-2010, 10:22 AM   #14
Dan
up here in my tree

Good to know, miker. I'll keep that in mind as I continue updating the tracked products (and other related) pages.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Old 07-24-2010, 03:43 PM   #15
nsomniak6

I have found a few price differences and here is one that shows on Camel as $194.00 and $224.00 on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new
Old 07-25-2010, 12:01 PM   #16
Dan
up here in my tree

nsomniak6: Our system has a lot of products to keep track of. The amount of time it takes us to update every product leads to a certain amount of lag between what you see on Amazon.com and what you see on our site. How we work around this issue is, if a user visits a product that hasn't been updated in 8 hours, an update is scheduled and run immediately (within a minute or so.)

It looks like that is what happened here. You saw an incorrect price and posted about it, and in the meantime our system updated the price. Notice how the price went to $224.00? That happened at almost the same time as you posted in this thread, leading me to believe you initiated an update and just didn't see it.

The current prices all appear correct to me at the moment! Sorry about the confusion.

Last edited by Dan; 07-25-2010 at 12:11 PM.