Old 04-08-2009, 02:40 PM   #1
greymantis
Human being with feelings

Default Tip from User Guide Not Working

So I'm working my way through "Up and Running: A Reaper User Guide v2.5" and have to say that I'm so glad that I've committed myself to doing this. It's really, really well written (thanks Geoffrey Francis) and I'm learning a lot of little tricks and tips to improve my workflow that I never would have found otherwise.

But I've encountered my first problem, however minor it may be. Section 5.1 (p.107) has a tip highlighted at the bottom saying to just add an effect to a currently selected track by double clicking on it in the browser - no need to click on the track's fx button first. This just doesn't work for me. It always inserts the fx, but most often in the wrong track, that is, one that is not selected.

Example: I've loaded "All Through The Night." FX Browser is docked. I clearly select track 4 (Bouzouki). I double click on ReaEQ and the FX Chain window for track 3 pops up. Same thing happens over and over trying to insert into the other tracks.

I can easily insert tracks by clicking on the fx button within the track and do it that way, no problem. But this shortcut method doesn't seem to work. Is this a bug or do I have a preference set differently or something?

It's the little things that will drive you nuts.

Enjoy the day.
Greymantis

Last edited by greymantis; 04-08-2009 at 02:43 PM.
greymantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:41 PM   #2
nicholas
Scribe

Gadzooks you're right! I could swear it used to work ... I'll fix this in the next edition. Thanks for pointing it out!
nicholas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:18 PM   #3
Justin
Administrator

Doubleclick has always added to the last track that opened the fx browser, I believe.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote