Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 04-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #1
Mudchild
Human being with feelings

Default Focusrite Saffire 56 issues - user-serviceable?

I've had a fair bit of trouble with my Focusrite Saffire 56 interface since I got it a few years ago.

Won't bore you with the detials, had some interference on the instrument channels, had it repaired under warranty, it happened again, got fixed again, ok whatever.

Now we are out of warranty and a couple of the mic channels have developed new and strange issues. One of the channels has just started to sound crusty in a bad way, and no it's definitely nothing to do with effects, pre-amp emulations or any kind of processing. Another of the channels sometimes gets into a fuzzy breaky-up kind of mood, and if you push enough level through it (e.g. by shouting into a mic) it can suddenly 'pop back' into normal operation.

I'm disappointed to have had these issues with what seemed to be a quality interface from a good brand, and it cost about £600. I can't be sending it back again for repairs though, this time at my own expense for repairs as well as postage.

But I wondered if this kind of issue was in any way user-serviceable? Could this kind of thing be a build up of some kind of cack on connections? Maybe a bit of soldering could help? I'm not experienced in such matters, so I just wondered if anyone thinks it's worth taking the hood off and having a look...
Mudchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #2
planetnine
Human being with feelings

Talk to the guys at Focusrite techsupport and see what they say.

>