Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 05-16-2011, 05:41 PM   #241
labyrinth
Human being with feelings

Default Item Pitch envelope pops

Can you guys see what you can do about the pops/crackles that occur when using the pitch envelope on items. I really love this feature, but can not use it as it is. This has been occurring for awhile, not just in beta 6.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:14 PM   #242
musicroom

Default Crashing with Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter

After several tries / reboots - I did a system restore which reverted Reaper back to the beta 2 version. Works great again.

Previous forum discussion

_
Old 05-16-2011, 06:47 PM   #243
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by labyrinth View Post
Can you guys see what you can do about the pops/crackles that occur when using the pitch envelope on items. I really love this feature, but can not use it as it is. This has been occurring for awhile, not just in beta 6.
This could be related to buffering prefs, have you looked at the use anticipative on tracks without fx, that can help
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:05 PM   #244
labyrinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
This could be related to buffering prefs, have you looked at the use anticipative on tracks without fx, that can help
I have tried that and whether enabled or not I get the pops.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:08 PM   #245
PitchSlap

While maybe not technically a bug, I think this behavior could use a little tweaking.

A common issue I have is that when an item has been completely faded in or out, it's nearly impossible to find the handle to adjust it again after that.

Last edited by PitchSlap; 05-17-2011 at 09:23 AM.
PitchSlap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:54 AM   #246
geoslake

Default Stuck at "loading effect: vsti : shortcircuit"

Hi

Just inserted the Shortcircuit V1 in a project, and now i cannot load the project anymore.
Of course I can remove it and the project loads fine then.
Does anyone face the same troubles ?
Im using latest beta 5

Thanks

Last edited by geoslake; 05-17-2011 at 12:30 PM.
geoslake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:23 AM   #247
labyrinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitchSlap View Post
While maybe not technically a bug, I think this behavior could use a little tweaking.

A common issue I have is that when an item has been completely faded in or out, it's nearly impossible to fit the handle to adjust it again after that.

Totally agree with this, that drives me crazy. Perhaps holding a modifier key to switch between the left (fade in) and right (fade out) would work.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:19 AM   #248
musicbynumbers

Default Drawing in a selected item: FX are removed from the newly drawn item??

should they be?

What I mean is if I selected an item then hold control to draw it on a new track, that items effects are removed?

Is this a pref I missed or is that expected behaviour?
Old 05-17-2011, 06:36 AM   #249
ScottyD

Quote:
could be something to do with feedback routing?

have you got it enabled in the project settings?

Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking the exact same thing as it sounded like it was feeding back on it self as it built up. I updated my original post with results... and of course it wasn't Reaper.

-ScottyD
ScottyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:23 AM   #250
PitchSlap

Hang trying load a project (multiple attempts)

Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	AppHangB1
  Application Name:	reaper.exe
  Application Version:	3.9.1.107
  Application Timestamp:	4dd12d44
  Hang Signature:	cc7b
  Hang Type:	1
  OS Version:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Hang Signature 1:	cc7b24b9163fa4b620641e1eb4d6bb93
  Additional Hang Signature 2:	eaf8
  Additional Hang Signature 3:	eaf8d10c928e5b612d0e0b59f6295e02
  Additional Hang Signature 4:	8368
  Additional Hang Signature 5:	8368586a81eb567178c8029714a44856
  Additional Hang Signature 6:	2f55
  Additional Hang Signature 7:	2f5554c6e161b4052bfa81649795e2f2
Old 05-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #251
grayter1

Default Copy Media into Project - Not Working

Copy all media into project directory is not working in OSX. I'm not sure which beta it stopped working in.

As you can see, the box is checked, but after bringing in audio from the Media Explorer, nothing is copied to the project file. I've checked and unchecked the Convert media box as well.

tg
grayter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:11 AM   #252
mrelwood

Enabling Eventhorizon VST in a project saved in 3.75 crashed Reaper 4b6. Crash report:
__

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x000000001363c000
Crashed Thread: 7

Thread 7 Crashed:
0 ...lwellaudio.vst.eventhorizon 0x1e5dd650 eventhorizon::ProcessDoubleReplacing(double**, double**, int) + 1936
1 ...lwellaudio.vst.eventhorizon 0x1e5f7792 IPlugVST::VSTProcessDoubleReplacing(AEffect*, double**, double**, int) + 146
2 com.cockos.reaper 0x001ffe15 VST_HostedPlugin::ProcessSamples(int, double*, int, int, int, double, midi_List*, bool*, double, double, double, bool) + 7109
3 com.cockos.reaper 0x00222065 FxDsp:rocessSamples(int, double*, int, int, int, double*, midi_List*, double, bool) + 1909
4 com.cockos.reaper 0x0023cc2a FxChain::ProcessSamples(int, double*, int, int, int, int, double, midi_List*, double, bool) + 346
5 com.cockos.reaper 0x00099475 MediaTrack::RenderSamples_nocache(double, long long, double*, int, int, double, MediaTrack**, int, int*, bool, int, int) + 12405
6 com.cockos.reaper 0x0009f657 MediaTrack::RenderSamples(double, long long, int, Track_RS_Output*, int, double, MediaTrack**, int, midi_List*, int, int, int, int, int, MediaTrack::Track_SendRec*) + 3287
7 com.cockos.reaper 0x00091ae9 MediaTrack::RunWorkThread(int, double, MediaTrack**, int) + 1625
8 com.cockos.reaper 0x000d14c7 WorkerThreadInst::threadProc(void*) + 1799
9 com.cockos.reaper 0x0034077f __threadproc(void*) + 31
10 libSystem.B.dylib 0x939a17fd _pthread_start + 345
11 libSystem.B.dylib 0x939a1682 thread_start + 34
Old 05-17-2011, 12:26 PM   #253
mrelwood

Default Wrong "Estimated Remaining" and "__x Realtime" values.

v4 beta 6 render window still shows wrong "Estimated Remaining" and "__x Realtime" values when rendering multiple regions.

My original post on the issue on alpha63:

http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...postcount=1803
Old 05-17-2011, 12:31 PM   #254
musicbynumbers

Long shot but that option will only copy on using "save as" I think but there is an option in prefs to copy audio to project on import which needs to be ticked for it to work straight away.

I think you are right though that it should copy as soon as you even use the standard menu or key command for save which I don't think it does if you have that copy on import option un-ticked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayter1 View Post
Copy all media into project directory is not working in OSX. I'm not sure which beta it stopped working in.

As you can see, the box is checked, but after bringing in audio from the Media Explorer, nothing is copied to the project file. I've checked and unchecked the Convert media box as well.

tg
Old 05-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #255
grayter1

Quote:
Long shot but that option will only copy on using "save as" I think but there is an option in prefs to copy audio to project on import which needs to be ticked for it to work straight away.

I think you are right though that it should copy as soon as you even use the standard menu or key command for save which I don't think it does if you have that copy on import option un-ticked.
That was it. Thanks. I never changed this setting. It must have been reset during an update.

Thanks again,

Terry
grayter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #256
slops

reaper splash window will block and hide any plugin dialog windows on project load.

gif and test project are here:
http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...51&postcount=4

and it only seems to happen when opening projects from file menu.
slops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:42 PM   #257
camerondye

1 - When I solo drag (drag cursor from solo on track 1 to solo on track 2) tracks the sends are muted. If I just press solo on a track it doesn't mute the send or if I have a couple tracks highlighted and press solo it doesn't mute the sends.

2 - When I have 2 tracks highlighted and editing them together (as one) I can shorten/lengthen the length both at one time, I can fade i/o both at one time but I have to choose fade i/o types one file at a time and that seems wrong. It seems if I'm editing multiple files at one time the fade out types should be grouped also. One mans opinion...
cam
camerondye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:52 PM   #258
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by camerondye View Post
1 - When I solo drag (drag cursor from solo on track 1 to solo on track 2) tracks the sends are muted. If I just press solo on a track it doesn't mute the send or if I have a couple tracks highlighted and press solo it doesn't mute the sends.

2 - When I have 2 tracks highlighted and editing them together (as one) I can shorten/lengthen the length both at one time, I can fade i/o both at one time but I have to choose fade i/o types one file at a time and that seems wrong. It seems if I'm editing multiple files at one time the fade out types should be grouped also. One mans opinion...
cam
For number 2, ahem it's possible I think in the mouse modifiers to set how fades work, as in all lined up across tracks or to be relative. If it's not there then it's in editing behaviour
Old 05-18-2011, 03:43 AM   #259
copacetic

Painting issue still in beta 6.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:08 AM   #260
gofer
-blänk-

Quote:
For number 2, ahem it's possible I think in the mouse modifiers to set how fades work, as in all lined up across tracks or to be relative. If it's not there then it's in editing behaviour
I don't think that's what he meant. I believe he's talking about changing fade shapes with the mouse (default is ctrl+click and ctrl+shift+click on a fade). These commands only work on the fade you clicked on, not on all selected items. They should, IMO, seeing that alt+click (delete fade/crossfade) does work on all selected items.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:43 AM   #261
mirceablue

Default Tempo map selecting points random

I don't know if this was reported or is normal behavior but is very annoying.
Try to draw a tempo curve on the master track ctrl+click and after to right click to select the created points , sometimes it selects them sometimes not + if you click outside in the empty space around the point it would be normal to deselect the points here is also a very random behavior . Please try and confirm this or maybe is only me.
mirceablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:55 AM   #262
camerondye

Quote:
I checked in editing behaviour and it's not there...please check before you post because none of us want any of this looked over.
Thanks,
cameron
Old 05-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #263
musicbynumbers

Quote:
I checked in editing behaviour and it's not there...please check before you post because none of us want any of this looked over.
Thanks,
cameron
Sorry it was a two in the morning misinterpretation!

I think your right and it should be possible to do for fade types too.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #264
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
I have to choose fade i/o types one file at a time and that seems wrong. It seems if I'm editing multiple files at one time the fade out types should be grouped also.
Hold down the shift key to edit all selected item fade shapes at once.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:57 AM   #265
gofer
-blänk-

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Hold down the shift key to edit all selected item fade shapes at once.
That's in the right click menu of fades, the one with the six fade pictures. That works as it always did. I am pretty sure camerondye means the item fade left click mouse modifiers "Set fade/crossfade to next/previous shape".
Ctrl+left click is "Set fade to next shape" and shift+ctrl+left click is "set fade to previous shape". Both don't work on multi-selection.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #266
IXix

This one's still there in B6...
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstruct View Post
Docker opacity = 75%

-> dock Mixer in Docker
-> rightclick a Volume Fader

Result: Transparent popup dialog with no chance to adjust anything in it

Expected: Opaque popup window
Confirmed but only if "Opaque when active" is set. Otherwise it works fine.
IXix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:01 PM   #267
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
That's in the right click menu of fades, the one with the six fade pictures. That works as it always did. I am pretty sure camerondye means the item fade left click mouse modifiers "Set fade/crossfade to next/previous shape".
Ctrl+left click is "Set fade to next shape" and shift+ctrl+left click is "set fade to previous shape". Both don't work on multi-selection.
Actually schwa's tip doesn't work either on multiple selected items when choosing a shape from the right-click context, only the 'clicked' item is changed.

[EDIT] heh I think it doesn't work because we don't have a right-click option in the fades/crossfades context, only left click, left drag and double-click.... I actually think schwa confused it with the editing of all fades at once which is performed by holding shift...
Old 05-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #268
IXix

Default Envelope point movement

With default mouse settings, no modifier keys (on laptop mouse-pad if it makes a difference)...

Action: Drag an envelope point quickly towards a neighbouring point, moving mouse cursor past the neighbouring point.

Expected: Point moves to be adjacent to neighbouring point.

Result: Moved point gets stuck at a variable distance from the neighbouring point. Move it faster and it gets stuck further away. Move it slower and it get stuck closer. If you move it slowly then you can get the point right up against the neighbour as it should.

Originally posted here with an inadequate capture (hard to catch the rapid mouse movement.)
Old 05-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #269
camerondye

Nope, that's what I was talking about and shift worked. I could change the fade shape in two selected audio files at the same time by holding shift...thanks schwa. It seems like that should be the default and holding shift lets you do each one separate but I can cope...thanks for the help on this one.
cam

...but still want the sends to stay on when I use the solo drag function if possible
Old 05-18-2011, 12:29 PM   #270
IXix

Default Project Bay FX removal

Project bay FX removal is broken in a couple of ways. Starting with a new project, with a single empty track...

Action: Add FX to track, select it in the bay and click the 'Remove' button.

Expected: Plugin is removed from project.

Result: Plugin remains.

Action: Add FX to track, then in the bay right-click it and select 'Remove from project'.

Result: Plugin is removed from track but is still listed in the bay. If you're then silly enough to try dragging the removed plugin from the bay back to the track, REAPER crashes.

edit: If you close then reopen the project bay the removed plugin is no longer listed.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:35 PM   #271
IXix

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXix View Post

Action: Add FX to track, then in the bay right-click it and select 'Remove from project'.

Result: Plugin is removed from track but is still listed in the bay. If you're then silly enough to try dragging the removed plugin from the bay back to the track, REAPER crashes.

edit: If you close then reopen the project bay the removed plugin is no longer listed.
Following on from there, Undo (remove FX from project) doesn't restore the removed plugin.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #272
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
Nope, that's what I was talking about and shift worked. I could change the fade shape in two selected audio files at the same time by holding shift...thanks schwa. It seems like that should be the default and holding shift lets you do each one separate but I can cope...thanks for the help on this one.
cam

...but still want the sends to stay on when I use the solo drag function if possible
Sorry for cluttering this thread with this question but... How did you do it? Did you change the shape of both items' fades at once using shift? I can't do that. I can modify selected items' fades length by holding shift but not change their shape.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:50 PM   #273
Xasman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
Sorry for cluttering this thread with this question but... How did you do it? Did you change the shape of both items' fades at once using shift? I can't do that. I can modify selected items' fades length by holding shift but not change their shape.
Changing fade shapes across multiple items at once with shift+rightclick+curveselect seems to work when items are on different tracks, but not when selecting multiple items on the same track (at least in R4 beta 6).
Xasman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:03 PM   #274
camerondye

Shift right click change shape works across multiple highlighted files...tried it on 2 machines now to make for sure.
cam
Old 05-18-2011, 06:09 PM   #275
Mercado_Negro

Sorry guys but it isn't working here (and I really want to know why because I've wanted to do this since v2):

... I'm holding shift there...
Old 05-18-2011, 06:56 PM   #276
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
Sorry guys but it isn't working here (and I really want to know why because I've wanted to do this since v2):

... I'm holding shift there...
Just tried here too and no joy (even when grouped)

The other thing is I swear we use to be able to move one fade point and get other fades (on tracks above and below it) to "latch on" as the fade moved over the same horizontal position allowing for fades to end and start in the same place even though the items might not (will post licecap soon)
Old 05-19-2011, 12:21 AM   #277
Dstruct

4.0beta6 (Windows XP SP3) isn't working with these builds: http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds (obviously REAPER doesn't recognize the DLLs at all).
Dstruct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:30 AM   #278
airon

4.0 Beta 6

Bug in Envelope segment moving

Grid and Snap on at default (1/4 grid). Sample snap is on.

I'm finding it extremely hard to replicate this with any other pan envelopes. There's something freakish going on.
I'm beginning to suspect that the tension curve may have been altered by myself while testing various keyboard combos, and that the segment movement may have triggered something, so perhaps the tension of multiple points were modified, but that isn't showing at first. Testing further.

Last edited by airon; 05-19-2011 at 05:41 AM.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:57 AM   #279
camerondye

Ok, it only works if the files are lined up. Any file you move doesn't get affected like the others...that's where we are differing. Most of the time I need this the files are lined up but I agree it should work if they aren't lined up also. In the video I am holding shift the whole time to see if I could get it to do it.
cam

Old 05-19-2011, 07:49 AM   #280
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Ok, it only works if the files are lined up. Any file you move doesn't get affected like the others...that's where we are differing. Most of the time I need this the files are lined up but I agree it should work if they aren't lined up also. In the video I am holding shift the whole time to see if I could get it to do it.
cam

same here, related to this too, I can no longer get the fades to lock vertically to each other when grouped.