Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 07-27-2014, 06:10 PM   #281
Quest The Wordsmith
Human being with feelings

Is there a way to have the timeline show up on the web interface? I'm thinking something generic, some bar, or perhaps even a slider, that can be in a div to help navigate. I'd prefer that over using buttons that go back/fwd a predefined amount of bars.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:33 PM   #282
johnrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest The Wordsmith View Post
Is there a way to have the timeline show up on the web interface? I'm thinking something generic, some bar, or perhaps even a slider, that can be in a div to help navigate. I'd prefer that over using buttons that go back/fwd a predefined amount of bars.
The API is limited and would have to be modified by someone to provide things like "timeline" information. I didn't write the API (the web interface/server to Reaper), but I did write the editor that created the web pages.

I think the back/fwd buttons you are referring to are actually sending action commands (40032 and 40033) for "Go to start" and "Got to end" of project as I could not see any way to use a slider for location control. Maybe there is a better way to use action commands to navigate?

Triggering action commands from a browser is really quite powerful, but the feedback is limited at this time.
johnrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:06 PM   #283
Quest The Wordsmith

There's 2 actions that can be assigned to buttons:
  1. Move edit cursor back one measure
  2. Move edit cursor forward one measure

I'll try and use those for now. But some sort of transport bar would be good for getting around larger projects with greater ease.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:47 AM   #284
johnrule

Quote:
[*]Move edit cursor back one measure[*]Move edit cursor forward one measure
I believe that's 41042 and 41043. I will update the projects to these values.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:59 AM   #285
Quest The Wordsmith

I just thought of it, but you could have one button that trigger a measure by measure move, then another button that triggers a custom action comprised of, say, 20 measure moves. Something to be played around with and tweaked to ones liking. I'll be figuring mine out hopefully today.

John, an unrelated question... I see RTE3 can make android apps. I have a cheap android tablet that Microcenter was giving away for $20. I'm planning on using it to control Reaper. Instead of going the www route, could I use RTE3 to build a custom android app to control Reaper instead? Would it work the same way?
Old 07-28-2014, 06:27 AM   #286
johnrule

Quote:
...could I use RTE3 to build a custom android app to control Reaper instead? Would it work the same way?
It should work better because it's native Java (well, Android Java). It isn't a straight conversion for some things, but it should do most of what you want. The RTE was really designed to be used on a Windows tablet natively, so the conversion for html and Android is more of an after thought.

You can actually use it for free (it's the full version) but you can't upload the projects to the Play store...which is not my stipulation but Google's. The paid version allows a personal key that signs your apps to meet Google's requirements. The only other difference is that you don't have to ping the server each time the RTE starts as you get a masterkey file (for up to 3 devices).

It can be quite heady at times, but when it works it's fun
Old 08-03-2014, 07:44 PM   #287
djsynchro

I was just thinking about how to remote control Reaper and found this thread yesterday, got Youn's webpage working start/stop/record/jump to markers is pretty much all I need anyway.

I've had a Reaper license for a while but was using Live, sold that a month ago really good decision Reaper is reaaaaalllly goood!!!
djsynchro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:40 PM   #288
djsynchro

This thread's been going since 2011... so what's the best www page then and where do I get it?
Old 08-10-2014, 03:22 AM   #289
Quest The Wordsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsynchro View Post
This thread's been going since 2011... so what's the best www page then and where do I get it?
The best page is the one I haven't built yet Actually, this is all about customization. Everyone will have different specific needs, so any page created will be tailored to those needs.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:32 PM   #290
djsynchro

But why not share those pages?
Old 08-22-2014, 06:21 AM   #291
Quest The Wordsmith

I'd have no problem sharing the pages. I haven't used this in a while and I'm planning on getting it set up again. When I do, I'll share what I have.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:00 AM   #292
mainframe

Does anybody know if it's possible to add a marker with a specific name through the reaper_www plugin? I can add markers but there does not seem to be a way to send a name from the browser.
mainframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 03:22 PM   #293
muzicman0

Would it be possible to use a Crestron controller with this plugin? The crestron is capable of sending basic HTTP commands, including XML if needed.

mm0
Old 10-10-2014, 01:28 AM   #294
Teddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman0 View Post
Would it be possible to use a Crestron controller with this plugin? The crestron is capable of sending basic HTTP commands, including XML if needed.
I think that might be possible, but you would have to do a great deal of coding yourself. Why would you want to control reaper with crestron anyway?
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:41 AM   #295
muzicman0

I wouldn't be using it as a recorder...I would be using more in a live mode, and using the crestron to bring up certain audio inputs while at the same time changing the view on our video wall. There may be a better way to do it...so if anyone has suggestion, I am open!
Old 10-21-2014, 12:35 PM   #296
Youn

Yes, Crestron can talk to the reaper webserver. No need for XML. Just a simple HTTP request, perhaps with some arguments, and then have javascript do the rest, including a final reply for Crestron to parse.

Found a tutorial on basic HTTP control:
http://crestrontutorials.blogspot.co...-web-page.html
Youn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:40 AM   #297
inthepipeline

Location: Bristol, UK. Slowly sinking island next to mainland Europe

I've been working a little further on this recently, but just as a way to get more shortcut buttons into an html which can be controlled from my iPad or iPhone
It works very well, but there are a couple of minor issues.

Very early on in this thread Youn makes mention of the fact that on record it was crashing Reaper.
It does the same thing on my install (4.75X64), but it does it only when there are no tracks armed.

I'd also like to make some of the buttons I'd like to add show a different image when the associated action is active is toggled 'on'.

I know this is a very old thread but is anyone still involved in this?
Old 01-24-2015, 11:47 AM   #298
djsynchro

Using Youn's page, simple & sweet :-)
Old 12-07-2015, 01:30 AM   #299
G-Sun

Is this better than TouchOSC for Android?
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 07:44 PM   #300
reapercurious

Not sure if anyone has already mentioned it but we are now at the point where software can be virtualized in a browser, this means that (soon) you don't need to make a gui to control reaper remotely, you could just use Reaper to control Reaper remotely.

http://www.cameyo.com/
https://fra.me/

So I advise to future proof this plugin by making the remote tunnel work in two directions if it does not already!

Spoiler Alert:
Sooner or later we won't need a desktop environment anymore, just a browser that can have desktop environments in them and cloud CPU: the fabled Thin Client.
reapercurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 08:20 PM   #301
Xenakios

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapercurious View Post
Spoiler Alert:
Sooner or later we won't need a desktop environment anymore, just a browser that can have desktop environments in them and cloud CPU: the fabled Thin Client.
Complete nonsense. Who the hell would want to depend on network connectivity and cloud services for audio production work...? (Yes, I know, there are some evil software companies like Waves that require a network connection. But it is then a choice between buying their plugins and not buying. I wouldn't want my DAW software to have any such forced internet access requirement.)
Old 12-22-2015, 03:48 AM   #302
vanhaze

+1 Totally agree.
vanhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 02:21 PM   #303
merdave

Is it possible to embed a http client in a VST's window, rather than displaying in a browser? Like a tablet's window in a VST plugin. If yes, then how?
Old 03-28-2016, 11:31 AM   #304
tombuur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeroephonics View Post
Sell your Tranzport. Use your phone (assuming your phone is fancy enough to handle the task.)

I wonder if there will be a spike in Tranzport eBay auctions now...lol
I gave mine away for free about a year ago. I didn't even think I could sell it, now that there are apps for iPhone and iPad.

BTW I would like to see something like the Studio One remote control for Reaper. Haven't seen anything that matches the S1 remote, controlling plugins and all.
Reaper 5, latest release, 64-bit w SWS |GA Z270 UD5|Intel i7 K7700|32 GB RAM|Fireface 800|500GB SSD sys, 1TB SSD Rec, 4TB HDD samples|Win 10 64bit|Dynaudio BM6A|Softube Console 1|Sonnox|Waves|Melda|Superior 3|Komplete 12U|Melodyne|Slate|Izotope.
tombuur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 12:05 PM   #305
Win Conway

Studio One remote is utter garbage on Windows tablets and not available for Android (Really, 2016 and it is not available for Android, no really, i am not kidding hahaha)
On windows you cant even change to different sections on most tablets, and i doubt very much somebody is going to buy a surface to use as a remote control hahaha

It is the Presonus paradox, their Remote app works on IOS (Apple) and either is not available or does not work properly on anything else.
Yet their software (S1) works well on Windows and is utter garbage on OSX (Apple) hahaha
Old 04-02-2016, 12:19 PM   #306
vanhaze

Totally agree, well said !

i still regret buying S1 a few years ago, when i was unkown with Reaper.
Horrible performance on OSX.
vanhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 03:14 AM   #307
aeldude

Default SWS/Custom Actions?

Apologies if this has already been established, but is there a way to get SWS/Custom actions to work through reaper_www? I can't seem to get it to work by replacing the command ID but I have very limited knowledge in this area.

Thanks
aeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 03:29 PM   #308
Bioloco

This it is awesome i just discovery and thanks very very much....

i don´t nothing about programming but it`s possible do reaper control web lite only with a big Play/Stop Button, forward/Backwards markers/regions buttons and display the name of the region or marker??? can be useful for practice or live situation like drummer etc... It`s some body can do that???

And again really thanksss to everubody for this...
Bioloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 04:22 AM   #309
itm

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrule View Post
I put them back on my server...don't know what happened
I'm another late entrant to this party - this is absolutely BRILLIANT! So I installed the RTE3/touch_html interface and can access the pages, but....I find that after tapping an "Arm" button for any track I am unable to unarm or arm anything again - none of the Arm buttons respond. Any ideas?? (i.e. the Arm button works the first time, but never again)

I've tried Chrome and the stock browser on an LG G4, and Chrome and Firefox on a Galaxy Tab S2 9.7" (both running Marsmallow). The Youn interface works OK (no problems arming/disarming), but I would prefer to use the touch_html interface on my phone if possible.

I'm running Reaper v4.61 x32 on a Windows 10 machine.

Any ideas??
itm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 02:58 PM   #310
aeldude

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Replacting the ID with the sws string could work?
I couldn't get it to, at least.
Evidently according to this thread http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=167968 ,
namedcommandlookup must be implemented somehow but I've no idea how or where.
aeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:40 PM   #311
SCT

Hello, everyone!
I have problem: Kaspersky IS 17 (on laptop) blocks connection (web interface) from smartphone (android), this checked by turning on/off Kaspersky. What tunings (settings) I can make with Kaspersky to make it work?
SCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 05:43 PM   #312
RJHollins

Was always hoping for something like this !

Had trouble, at first, getting my old iPhone [safari] to make a connection.

Once I experimented with the [safari] web address .... success !!

tried the 'localhost' syntax ... never got it to connect.

Then I tried: 192.168.1.8:8808/ .... yeah !

I'm using the package from the very first post ... I'm next looking to try the one with the fader volume control next.

Thanks to the 'brains' that made this happen
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote