Old 01-18-2017, 05:54 PM   #1
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Default New Song - Snowflake

The latest rumblings from my studio. This one features Poly on the smoking guitar solos. Other parts include bass, guitar, drums, grand piano, orchestral strings, orchestral horns, trumpet section, trombone section, plus tenor and baritone saxophones. It also includes some new sampled percussion I created for the Grace "One Small Clue" Virtual VST sampler. Three different tambourines, two different shakers and maracas are individually introduced throughout the song. I call this one "Snowflake" at:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13517050
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 03:46 PM   #2
gandsnut

I can't identify that bass in pic of you in front of the electronic drums. Looks like Shaller tuners and the headstock reminds me of Guild.

I like the harmonic progression, and horn hits that peek through here and there.

This sounds more and more to me like "Level 42" (a personal favorite) albeit with greatly subdued bass...

Track "159" - was that inspired after listening to a few 'Primus' songs??
I was expecting Wynona's Big Brown Beaver to make an appearance.

3 thumbs-up.
Notation-based compositions using Finale. Electric bassist, K-12 school music teacher. iMac 3.5G i7 32Mb OSX 10.11 + PreSonus AudioBox iTwo, Korg, Roland, E-Mu, Alesis HW Synths, Novation Launchpad MINI MK3, Korg D1600 HW DAW. My free music - http://www.gandsnut.net
gandsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 04:20 PM   #3
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandsnut View Post
I can't identify that bass in pic of you in front of the electronic drums. Looks like Shaller tuners and the headstock reminds me of Guild.
The bass is a Gretsch Jr. Jet short scale (with Shallers), and is the one I'm playing on this song. The guitar in that same picture is a Gibson L6S Midnight Special, and is the rhythm guitar on the song as well.

Quote:
I like the harmonic progression, and horn hits that peek through here and there.

This sounds more and more to me like "Level 42" (a personal favorite) albeit with greatly subdued bass...

Track "159" - was that inspired after listening to a few 'Primus' songs??
I was expecting Wynona's Big Brown Beaver to make an appearance.

3 thumbs-up.
Thanks gandsnut. Level 42 has some great sounding stuff. I just got the horns and strings for Christmas and this was my first real try at using them in a project.

-
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:42 PM   #4
gandsnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennbo View Post
The bass is a Gretsch Jr. Jet short scale (with Shallers), and is the one I'm playing on this song. The guitar in that same picture is a Gibson L6S Midnight Special, and is the rhythm guitar on the song as well.
Start slapping your Gretsch Jr. bass like Level 42's bassist Mark King, and your stuff will sound JUST LIKE their music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennbo View Post
Thanks gandsnut. Level 42 has some great sounding stuff. I just got the horns and strings for Christmas and this was my first real try at using them in a project.
Yer welcome. Yep, Level 42 has a ton of kewl music.

Wow - opening up boxes and boxes of horns and strings on Dec 25? Your tree must have looked like it exploded.
Notation-based compositions using Finale. Electric bassist, K-12 school music teacher. iMac 3.5G i7 32Mb OSX 10.11 + PreSonus AudioBox iTwo, Korg, Roland, E-Mu, Alesis HW Synths, Novation Launchpad MINI MK3, Korg D1600 HW DAW. My free music - http://www.gandsnut.net
gandsnut is offline   Reply With Quote