Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 01-17-2017, 06:45 PM   #1
BlueCrystal20
Human being with feelings

Default Rendering Envelopes, Feedback & Why Do All Tracks Solo?

I was rendering some stems and only highlighted the stems I wanted to render but forgot that I made volume envelopes for them. Do you have to highlight envelopes to get them rendered too?

Also, since downloading the new version I've gotten weird feedback that is like a long beep. Feedback was disabled and I checked and saw that my internal mic was on and a distortion plugin was on. I cut them off but the feedback still showed up on another track. I have since not had that problem but I was wondering what other possibilities could cause feedback? A hot computer?

Last, after rendering my stems I tried to solo a track to play but all the tracks became soloed. Same thing happens with mute.
BlueCrystal20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:21 AM   #2
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NataliaZombie View Post
I was rendering some stems and only highlighted the stems I wanted to render but forgot that I made volume envelopes for them. Do you have to highlight envelopes to get them rendered too?
Check out chapter 6.19 (Stem rendering) and chapter 21 (Exporting files, mixing down and rendering) in the Reaper User Guide.

Quote:
Also, since downloading the new version I've gotten weird feedback that is like a long beep. Feedback was disabled and I checked and saw that my internal mic was on and a distortion plugin was on. I cut them off but the feedback still showed up on another track. I have since not had that problem but I was wondering what other possibilities could cause feedback? A hot computer?
Since the problem seems to occur only since the last update, try to do a fresh portable Reaper install (either of the same version or of an older/previous one) to a different folder to check if the feedback problem still exists there:
http://reaperblog.net/2015/07/reaper...nstall-option/

Older Reaper versions can be downloaded from here: http://reaper.fm/download-old.php

Quote:
... after rendering my stems I tried to solo a track to play but all the tracks became soloed. Same thing happens with mute.
Just to clarify:

- Did you solo/mute via the track buttons or otherwise (like via an action)?
- Were all of the affected tracks selected when you pressed the solo/mute button? Or does this also happen for all tracks when only a single track is selected?

Last edited by solger; 01-19-2017 at 08:46 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:14 AM   #3
BlueCrystal20

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post

Just to clarify:

- Did you solo/mute via the track buttons or otherwise (like via an action)?
- Were all of the affected tracks selected when you pressed the solo/mute button? Or does this also happen for all tracks when only a single track is selected?
Thanks, that was all helpful. It happened when I selected a single track for solo and also when selected from the mixer.
BlueCrystal20 is offline   Reply With Quote