Old 03-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
Doodad
Human being with feelings

Default Anyone using EZMIX 2

I've been looking at Toontrack EZMIX 2 for the last 2 days. Is anyone using it? If so, how does it work? What is your opinion/review of the EZMIX 2 package.

Thanks
Old 03-18-2012, 06:07 PM   #2
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Obviously...

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=97513
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=95714
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #3
Jedi

Why not just merge all the threads?

Jedi
Old 03-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Because...

1. More threads = more threads to find if someone uses search of some sort
2. No matter how much you merge/move, there will be always one creating a new thread on the same topic.
3. If we merge/move/split threads to much, it will create other threads about "what's with all the moving/merging lately".

Edit: To be clear about it, I googled the threads in order to be able to post the links, not to act as a traffic cop.

Last edited by Ollie; 03-18-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #5
Doodad

Maybe my original post wasn't as clear as it should have been. I am learning how to use REAPER and EZDrummer. I have written several songs and done "raw" recordings in REAPER. Then, I made adjustments to correct timing issues where maybe the guitar wasn't quite on the beat. My problem is what to do next and how to do it. At 60 years old I'm trying to learn this new terminology about recording. I understand about reverb and how it works, but, I don't know about compression, delay, and many of the other effects. Sometimes I get overwhelmed by all the knobs and sliders and don't know which one does what. I also don't know if there is a certain order that effects should be applied. That's why in my original post I asked how does EZMIX 2 work. I did not mean to start an unnecessary thread, but rather to get more information about how EZMIX 2 works.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #6
Doughboy

I like it when someone starts a new thread about some topic that's been covered a dozen times. Why not....if someone's not interested in going in to check it, then they don't need to. Over in Gear Slutz there are some smug bastards that constantly tell people just to do a search. Well...cripes....what couldn't you do a search on? There isn't one thing in here that hasn't been said a million times. If I want to post that I like drinking beer....well...yeah, I could just search and find one of the other 5 million threads about beer drinking...but can you ever have to many threads about beer drinking? The answer of course is no.

Thank you. This has been a paid political message...or it should be if it's not.
Doughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:24 PM   #7
Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodad View Post
Maybe my original post wasn't as clear as it should have been. I am learning how to use REAPER and EZDrummer. I have written several songs and done "raw" recordings in REAPER. Then, I made adjustments to correct timing issues where maybe the guitar wasn't quite on the beat. My problem is what to do next and how to do it. At 60 years old I'm trying to learn this new terminology about recording. I understand about reverb and how it works, but, I don't know about compression, delay, and many of the other effects. Sometimes I get overwhelmed by all the knobs and sliders and don't know which one does what. I also don't know if there is a certain order that effects should be applied. That's why in my original post I asked how does EZMIX 2 work. I did not mean to start an unnecessary thread, but rather to get more information about how EZMIX 2 works.
Hi Doodad.... EZMix2 is PERFECT for you!! Really, it is. It's
exactly designed for someone who doesn't understand all the
intricacies of each and every sort of VST out there - it's all
about the SOUND. And in EZMix2, they now have presets arranged
by type of instrument (although you certainly can put any
preset on any track if it sounds "right" to you!).

I DO understand most of the VSTs and how all the sliders in
them work - but EZMix2, to ME anyway, makes it FUN! There
are so bloody many presets to choose from and play with. I
really find myself using it all the time now, on tracks as
well as on the Master.

I admire you "diving in" at 60 to digital recording (I'm almost
51 so not far behind you). It can truly be daunting for sure.
I just built my digital studio in May - having not been in a studio
since the mid 90s (all analog tape then).... my learning curve
was pretty steep, despite working in audio and having many many
years in the studio world as a "one man band" engineer.

You won't go wrong with EZMix2 - trust me. It's EXACTLY what
you're looking for I think.

Jedi
Old 03-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #8
Smurf

I agree that EZMix is a great tool, along with AAMS for quick mastering (kevlar suite on). It is good to be jumping into recording in this day & age. But remember that you can not fix a badly recorded source, always try to get it the best you can at the front end, and everything else will be much easier!

Over the last few week's I got to watch the entire Audio Mixing Bootcamp by Bobby Owsinski from Lynda.com and I have to say that this is the best beginners video for audio mixing & how each effect works that I have seen.

The course is way expensive at $100, but if you learn better visually that reading a book, then this is not that bad of a price really.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:15 AM   #9
Doodad

Hey Guys,

I appreciate the responses. Before I found and started reading about EZMIX 2 I was following the thread about free VST's and VSTi's. It seems that so many of them are "hit and miss". In other words, you really don't know what it is until after you've downloaded and tried it. I don't want to download software just so I can have it. I'm trying to use the "get what you need; use what you get" approach so I don't end up with a cluttered pc.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #10
Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodad View Post
I'm trying to use the "get what you need; use what you get" approach so I don't end up with a cluttered pc.
Then I would stick to Reapers native effects for now, they are totally usable, and you can learn a LOT just using them for a few months.

I recommend grabbing Geoffrey Francis 2 books "Home Recording for Beginners" and "ReaMix: Breaking the Barriers with REAPER". Both are straight & to the point, and use Reaper to demonstrate a lot of technics. I still find myself referring back to ReaMix even after 2 years. You can check them out HERE at the bottom of the page.

Here are a few links that will help you out I think, I found them to be very informative...

TutorialsForReaper.com Tips

5Min to a Better Mix
5 Min clips that have a ton of useful tips & tricks.

And the price IS right for the videos!

It takes a little time, but you will be amazed how far you will have come in just 6 months if you tackle tracking & mixing a little bit every day. I tell folks to just do a song, even if's it's just a 12 bar blues. Track it, mix it, and put it up. In 6 months re-do it and then listen to the two side by side...it is a great motivator!

Good Luck, and remember to Have Fun!
Old 10-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #11
martimdurao

Default EZMIX 2

Well, I selling my EZmix 2 for 125$. Anyone interested?
martimdurao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #12
Panic

audiodeluxe has it for $119 right now.
Panic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #13
martimdurao

Hi, i understand. I am now selling both Ezdrummer and Ezmix2 for 200$.
martimdurao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #14
Serga

Default EZmix 2 - Metal Tutorial (Step By Step) By SERGA

Hi guys
Made a video about how to use EZmix 2 in metal style (Step By Step Tutorial)
Check it out, please leave a comment, I'm interested in your opinion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q35z1vt8eDI
Serga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:08 PM   #15
ivineytor

Default wili

Muy buenas , aquí te dejo una muestra de su sonido que encontré hace poco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITeS7tpURJQ
ivineytor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:41 PM   #16
jalan

I just got EXMix 2 a couple weeks ago. I like it overall, but is there any way to see the settings it uses for the patches? It'd be nice to be able to actually learn from it -- see the actual EQ curve or compressor settings, etc. -- as opposed to simply applying it and moving on. (sorry if I'm hijacking the thread)
Old 03-10-2014, 03:11 PM   #17
thequietroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalan View Post
I just got EXMix 2 a couple weeks ago. I like it overall, but is there any way to see the settings it uses for the patches? It'd be nice to be able to actually learn from it -- see the actual EQ curve or compressor settings, etc. -- as opposed to simply applying it and moving on. (sorry if I'm hijacking the thread)
A lot of ppl ask for this but I don't believe this info is out there. I think if they put it in the program, people would then be asking why cant they modify those setting.. and at that point, its not EZ anymore

I think it would be cool if Toontrack released a technical description of the presets though. As you say, for educational purpose
thequietroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:55 PM   #18
jalan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thequietroom View Post
A lot of ppl ask for this but I don't believe this info is out there. I think if they put it in the program, people would then be asking why cant they modify those setting.. and at that point, its not EZ anymore
I agree that may be what TT is thinking, though it certainly wouldn't hurt to show the settings in an uneditable window or something. I'd add a feature request on their forum, but it's a ghost town compared to here.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:56 AM   #19
ariamirsh

Default Amygdalin - Recorded With EZMix 2 Metal Guitar Gods Pack

Hey guys, I'm Aria Mirshekari from AMYGDALA and this is a playthrough video on one of the songs from our upcoming debut album "Reflections".
We have recorded the guitars using EZMix 2 Metal Guitar Gods pack. I hope it will give you an idea on the uncountable great monstrous sounds you can get from EZMix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2X1...ature=youtu.be

Also, these are the links to our band's pages. If you like what you hear, like and follow and share and comment.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Amygdalatheband
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Amygdalatheband
ReverbNation: http://www.reverbnation.com/amygdalatheband