Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 01-26-2015, 02:42 AM   #1
FatVonFree
Human being with feelings

Default TouchDaw on my Acer Tablet (Android) controls Reaper on my Imac

Hey guys didnt see many thread about this....but i just purchased TouchDaw on my 2011 model Acer Tablet...and it works..wanted to see if anybody else used stuff like this....saw a vid get posted this week of a dude using lots of stuff (behringer controller, and ipad and a faderport looking thing) but not really going in depth about it.....my only gripe about controller is that when you touch them they move to its current position and know just up and down from where they are....wish there was a way around this....anybody else using this stuff to control reaper???
FatVonFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:51 AM   #2
serr
Human being with feelings

I've been using iTeleport (an oddly named remote desktop app) on my iPad since it was the only choice about 6 years ago. I also use a couple MIDI controllers over a USB/wi-fi hub (see signature). Basically my portable wireless controller for live sound gigs.

iTeleport is still $25. There are a number of free apps available now as well. Look for one that (like iTeleport) uses native screen sharing and there will be no VNC clients to mess with.

One of the benefits of simply using a remote desktop app is there are no new commands or interface to learn. You're running Reaper (and anything else on your computer) like you always have but with a remote control.

It looks like a benefit of the OSC based stuff (like this TouchDAW app) is far less data to transmit back and forth. But then you have this additional interface between you and the DAW and further, you'd have to switch to a remote desktop app to get at anything else on the machine.

The OSC touch apps for Studio One and that Midas X32 board do look pretty slick from a distance. I feel like I need to put some R&D time into this stuff again...
serr is online now   Reply With Quote