Old 10-21-2014, 09:32 AM   #1
herg67
Human being with feelings

Default How to delete trimmed audio

I need to save my hard drive space as much as I can so I need to know if when audio is trimmed and deleted if it only saves the remaining audio when saving the project ? It am not sure because once trimmed and deleted you can still grab and drag the audiofile and reveal what you just deleted.
herg67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:42 AM   #2
tls11823

Select the media items for each track and then glue them. This will "deactivate" the trimmed information. Save the project. Then you can use the option to clean the project directory, which will remove the extraneous bits. Of course, you need to be absolutely certain that you won't need that material, since it will then be gone.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:38 PM   #3
herg67

Quote:
Originally Posted by tls11823 View Post
Select the media items for each track and then glue them. This will "deactivate" the trimmed information. Save the project. Then you can use the option to clean the project directory, which will remove the extraneous bits. Of course, you need to be absolutely certain that you won't need that material, since it will then be gone.
Thanks.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:22 AM   #4
herg67

After gluing them and selecting "clean the project directory", it never finds anything to clean when in fact the wav file I have glued is a small section of it's larger file. I'm confused.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:55 AM   #5
EpicSounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by herg67 View Post
After gluing them and selecting "clean the project directory", it never finds anything to clean when in fact the wav file I have glued is a small section of it's larger file. I'm confused.
Sometimes it's still in the undo history. REAPER tries to be as non-destructive as possible.

BTW, in most cases there's no need to do that. Storage is cheaper than ever and it's usually better to have a backup of the original files. Wouldn't want you to lose something important, permanently.