Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 04-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #41
zenmonkey
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygnus View Post
Heya Zenmonkey. Finally got my studio organised to the point of mucking about with virtual instruments again(I'm more about guitars & bass than bits & bytes). Turned out the issue I had with the custom script required me to simply cut & paste the text from the one you helped me out with over the script in the "generic.txt", save & reload. Once I did that, the channel assignments were available, and all's well in computer-land again. Thanks again.
Whew, glad it's working! I was about to reply that I didn't have to change anything for Reaper 4.

Enjoy the new studio and have some fun.
zenmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #42
cygnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmonkey View Post
Whew, glad it's working! I was about to reply that I didn't have to change anything for Reaper 4.

Enjoy the new studio and have some fun.
Cheers. My computers are really showing their age(I have three, 4,7 & 10 years old). Time for an upgrade methinks. Many clicks & pops when running multiple virtual synth's. I was playing about with a friend's dual-core desktop earlier in the evening(less than 3 years old), and everything was working beautifully with just the motherboard's audio chipset & standard audio drivers(no ASIO hardware/ASIO4all). Tried doing the same at home & my poor old desktop nearly had a heart-attack. Even ASIO hardware doesn't help. I'd be really sulking about now if I didn't have three real analog synth's. Now that the Monotribe deals with CV/gate I want to build a custom cable to deal with that so's I can play it from the keyboard on my Kawai monosynth'. Meanwhile, I'll just have to be a little more conservative with virtual instruments. Happy groovin'...
cygnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #43
John Lutz

Default Joystick expression, sounds pretty incredible!

What are the differences between an expression pedal and your very interesting joystick hack? from what it 'feels' like the joystick has more
more control of how fast the range occurs but i could be wrong. Also could be more iterations? from a quick glance at the script it looks like the iteration can be changed incrementally?!

Are there any modern joysticks (2013) you can use with your (2010) scripts?

I almost want to use my toes to control the joystick as my left hand likes to do the bass line.

Does anyone know what current expression joysticks on keyboards change? They seem to be a dieing bread. i remember looking for a keyboard with one and only finding MAUDIO and NOVATION carrying them. Now all those models are extinct.
-john
John Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 06:55 PM   #44
LordFader

Hey Zenmonkey, thanks for the great work.
I´m trying to control the surround panner in Reaper with my Xbox 360 controller.
In preset 1 I can use the left stick with pitch bend on channel 1. So i can assign the controller to control the panner in up and down direction. Is it possible to assign the Y axis to pitch bend on channel 1 and the X axis to pitch bend but on channel 2?
This way i should be able to assign both diractions to one stick. Sadly, I´m a complete noob when it comes to scripting
LordFader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 08:22 AM   #45
dadada

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFader View Post
Hey Zenmonkey, thanks for the great work.
I´m trying to control the surround panner in Reaper with my Xbox 360 controller.
In preset 1 I can use the left stick with pitch bend on channel 1. So i can assign the controller to control the panner in up and down direction. Is it possible to assign the Y axis to pitch bend on channel 1 and the X axis to pitch bend but on channel 2?
This way i should be able to assign both diractions to one stick. Sadly, I´m a complete noob when it comes to scripting
ooh nice - did you figure something out? interested in this too!
dadada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 01:37 PM   #46
LordFader

I have no idea about scripting but maybe someone can help us.
One axis is working. We just need to send the second axis on another midi channel.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=268576
LordFader is offline   Reply With Quote