Old 06-26-2016, 10:51 PM   #1
triviul
Human being with feelings

Default Cash available for (simple?) Mackie Control profile hack.

I'm currently trying to get Asparion's new fader controllers to work as I'd like them to using Reaper's built-in Mackie Control profile. In general, I'm extremely happy with the way it's working, because I want a small hardware footprint and only need a very basic control feature set. However, there's one (simple?) feature I'd like that's not implemented in the built-in Mackie Control profile: I'd like to control the levels of specific aux sends from the faders. To be specific, I would like to be able to use eight buttons (perhaps the eight V-Select buttons in the Mackie Control implementation, seeing as I'm not using them for anything currently) to bring each of the first eight aux sends onto the faders, so that I can easily create foldback mixes.

Now I realise that there's already Klinke's great Mackie Control profile, within which this feature is available, after a fashion. However, I don't like the fact that I don't seem to be able to make multiple-channel selections under Klinke's profile, and also that I have to juggle select buttons to get the aux-send control facility I'm after -- without the benefit of any visual feedback (because the Asparion has no displays).

I'm currently creating a Reaper-based location recording system for professional purposes, a system that I expect to last me at least five years, so I'm willing to invest some cash in paying someone to develop a bespoke hack of Reaper's standard Mackie Control profile for my specific purposes. So, if you feel you can hack Reaper's Mackie Control protocol to give me one-button access to each of the first eight aux sends, then I'd appreciate you getting in touch, either though a PM, or direct on ms@cambridge-mt.com.

Thanks in advance,

Mike Senior.

Last edited by triviul; 06-27-2016 at 12:00 AM. Reason: More info
triviul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 02:45 AM   #2
triviul
Human being with feelings

No takers? Maybe it's more complicated that I think...
triviul is offline   Reply With Quote