Old 08-22-2014, 10:02 AM   #1
planetnine
Human being with feelings

Default New version: Source Time Position Tool...

Source Time Position Tool

I've added included Project markers to this tool, and this version (beta0.11), is downloadable from:

https://stash.reaper.fm/21577/PL9%20-...eta0.11%29.eel

This is a little less "finished" than I wanted, but to get it together quickly I grafted code from another, marker-specific tool I've written. I'm now not sure what bits of the functionality of this marker tool to use here, so it's in a working state and I'm sitting back and using it to see where I want to take it.

I've reduced the landing area for the mousewheel scaling to a 50x50 pixel area top-left of the window. Marker display is toggled with the [M] button.

Although it scales well with the [M]arker display off, you will have to manually extend the bottom edge to accommodate the number of markers displayed. I can easily auto extend this for the number of markers to be displayed, but the window size reset will unfortunately bump the window back up to screen top-left. I think this is a workable compromise until EEL gets control over the gfx-position -if you want to see markers, scale it if you want, extend it as much as you need, and then position the window where you like.

The extra columns are for displaying nearest CD frame numbers and the deviation from them. This was one of the main function aspects of the Marker tool and I'm not sure what to include and what not to. Comments welcome if you find it useful, and I might add things based on suggestions.

The marker tool was for managing CD track project markers -showing their deviation from CD frames (75fps), quantising by clicking and nudging with the mousewheel. I'm trying to clarify a workflow for burning CDs from REAPER without needing Nero or similar to place track markers without gaps in continuous audio, and this marker tool is part of it. When I get that ironed-out, I'll release version of the tool if anyone else could use it.

Thanks again to spk77, I wouldn't have got this going without you

Comments and suggestions welcome (yes I know the columns are offset and wonky )

Edit: for the EEL uninitiated, save into a folder somewhere, "?" Actions list, ReaScript: "New/load", select the eel script and add shortcut to taste.

No language add-ons are needed to run EEL scripts...

>
Old 08-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #2
airon

Nice feedback tool.

I'll keep this open on my next mastering job. Thanks for sharing. Mmmh. Eel.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:27 PM   #3
planetnine

You're welcome, let me know of any issues or suggestion please Airon.

>
Old 08-26-2014, 04:54 AM   #4
planetnine

Default CD Track Marker Tool

I've uploaded the CD Track Marker Tool to the stash also.

It's in an unfinished state, but functioning basically for our workflow.

Link:

https://stash.reaper.fm/21625/PL9%20-...20beta0.06.eel

When run, it shows all of the project markers in the project, along with any regions and the time selection if present, showing timeline position, nearest CD frame number and deviation from it. Shift-clicking a marker or region in the tool will quantise it to the nearest (75fps) frame (turning it green) and the mousewheel will nudge it (Ctrl-mousewheel for fine) forwards or backwards.

The idea is that if the markers are quantised to CD frames, the software used to burn your CD (or DDP render) will not move it -you get to choose the placement.

Middle mouse button will toggle a hash "#" prefix to the marker name, Right-click will move cursor and view to that marker/region/time selection bound, and Alt-clicking will delete the marker (as in the timeline). Window is scaleable by mousewheel; landing area for this is top-left of the window. Please note that window positioning is not included for EEL yet, so resizing will cause it to jump to screen top-left at this point, unfortuntely unavoidable until such time as it is included.

Marker/Region/Timeline selectable display is to come, along with toggled source time for a selected item similar to the Source Time Position Tool above.

I don't know if it will help anyone elses workflow, but it's been uploaded here in case it is useful. Please note this is not in an intended finished state. Comments and suggestions welcome.

>
Old 08-30-2014, 05:38 PM   #5
planetnine

Default CD Track Marker Tool beta 11...

New version of the CD Track Marker Tool just uploaded.

Seems to be functional, but not ergonomiclly tested it very fully, may be text placement anomalies, incorrect mouseover messages for some combinations, etc. Please let me know if you find anything

The help page does need updating, as I don't think it covers the source times page.

Anyway it's late here, need sleep, and I might not be about for a few days, so it's here and I'm not

https://stash.reaper.fm/21625/PL9%20-...20beta0.06.eel

>
Old 09-01-2014, 04:39 AM   #6
planetnine

01-Sep-14 CD Track Marker Tool Beta13
- Fixed an error in the edit cursor position's source time repeat number.
- Added the mousewheel nudges to the undo state.

and another one...
I omitted a piece of code for the source length on the Source Times page, now fixed.
Added undo points for most actions performed in the tool (nudge frames by mousewheel yet to be included).

Beta 12:
https://stash.reaper.fm/21712/PL9%20-...20beta0.12.eel

Screenshots:

>

Last edited by planetnine; 11-28-2014 at 04:14 PM.
planetnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:45 PM   #7
planetnine

Default Source Time Position Tool beta12

I've finally got this to read the BWF bext chunk and use the timecode offset...

New version 29-Sep-14 https://stash.reaper.fm/21884/PL9%20-...ta0.12a%29.eel

New version 28-Nov-14 Source Time Position Tool beta14.

#Updated and optimised BWF offset (timecode) function -uses single file reads and less CPU.
#Improved offset status display.

This version reads the "timecode" of BWF files and displays it on the end of the third line. Clicking on it will turn the offset "on" and it will be applied to the source times in the Tool.

This has not been designed to be compatible with RF64 headers (I will get around to it). I've tested it reasonably thoroughly, but please get in touch if it exhibits issues with this new, or any other feature. Hope it's useful to some people.

Edit: new build up for this version, edit or play cursor can be toggled. + a few code tidy-ups.

>

Last edited by planetnine; 11-28-2014 at 04:17 PM. Reason: new build for b12a...
Old 09-30-2014, 04:24 AM   #8
planetnine

Default Item Marker Tool beta02

New tool up, this one for making project markers into item markers

Link: https://stash.reaper.fm/21936/Item%20...s%20beta02.eel

New version 28-Nov-14 Item Marker Tool beta14.
#Fixed bug in vertical drag of renumbering increment.
#Fixed bug in mousewheel change of copy/move absolute time, fraction-part.

This tool associates a project marker with the take of an item and, when locked, keeps that marker at the same offset position in the take wherever it and its parent item are moved in the project.

When run, the tool displays all the markers as a list. Select an item in the project and click at the marker's right hand side square in the tool, and that marker will be associated with the active take of the item (turns orange). Click the "padlock" and that marker will lock to the item's take and track it if the item or take is moved (turns red).

Other instructions:

~ you can activate and lock the marker in one move by clicking to the right of the square (I think I'm going to add another small square for mouse aiming -done for beta03).

~ Clicking locks the marker to the selected item/take; shift-clicking locks it to its stored item/take.

~ Shift-ctrl-clicking locks it to the selected item/take, but with the stored offset.

~ Alt-clicking removes the association and returns the marker to its old colour/project default colour.

~ Right-clicking a marker in the tool highlights the marker and its associated item/take in the project. Shift-right-clicking zooms the project out and highlights them.

~ If a marker's associated take source is a BWF file, there will be a green square prefixing its source time. Clicking the source time will display it in terms of the BWF timecode (turns orange).

Apologies for the lame use of Greek characters as padlocks, I've not got to graphics in EEL yet!

The tool works by storing the GUID of the associated take, offset and lock status etc, into the name of the marker. This appears after any existing user-inputed name. This method means the data is stored with the marker in the project, whatever name and location the project is given. This also means that the associated markers can be saved and recalled by REAPER's marker/region manager.

For those of us with enquiring minds...

data format is 72 characters:
8 characters of header"_*#*#*#*"
4 chars toggle (2 spare plus "bext_used" and "marker_locked")
6 chars of stored marker colour in hex (0xBBGGRR as used in ReaScript)
16 chars offset (8bytes of double precision value in hex)
38 chars take GUID

Providing everything from the underslash of the data header is left intact, the marker name can be edited and the marker will retain its item/take association.

This script can cause quite a high CPU load on less powerful machines once several markers are being tracked, caused mostly by the repeated calls and functions run by its GUI. For this reason there is a GUI off toggle, activated by clicking the table heading row. The idea is to set up the markers and then turn off the GUI, leaving the script to track the markers for you. I have some ideas for optimising the code, to prevent unnecessary repeated decipherings of the marker names, but that will have to be improved as I get time, apologies .

The script makes use of two SWS actions, to save and recall the item selection state. It will work without them, but right-click highlighting marker and associated item/takes with not return the item selection state prior to highlighting. If anybody downloaded the unannounced beta01 I posted on the stash, please download this beta02 as there is an incorrect implementation of these SWS actions which might produce odd results.

I hope some of you find this useful, and please let me know if you find any bugs or think of improvements. There is a small chance that I might change the data format, so please use it with that in mind.

>

Last edited by planetnine; 11-28-2014 at 04:18 PM. Reason: typo + edited download link/ added gif vid.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:49 AM   #9
spk77

Download link seems to be broken
spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 05:14 AM   #10
planetnine

Thanks spk, I'd got double URL brackets in somehow -fixed now.

>
Old 09-30-2014, 05:40 PM   #11
Claudiohbsantos

This seems absolutely awesome, thanks man. Will give it a try as soon as I can
Old 09-30-2014, 06:36 PM   #12
Anton9

planetnine,

This is pretty awesome.., only one little issue.., those 72 characters, is there any way to hide them as they really clutter up the marker lane?

Thanks
Anton9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 01:38 AM   #13
planetnine

Put in more markers!

Nope, sorry, that's the only downside of doing it this way Anton. I'd love them to be native in REAPER (did I hear v5 wishlist?), but they are too useful to wait for. At least the names are in their own lane at the top, and each new marker/region hides the end of the previous run of charcters. It was the prettiest way I could find...

I did spend quite a while trying to save a data file with the project, but there were too many ways like incremental saving, save-as, or plain copying the project file, or renaming files, that would break the system and need manual intervention. This way the markers can even be saved to a marker list set in REAPER's marker manager and the info is retained and automatically read on retrieval.

Saving the data in the name started as a daft brainstorming idea and the only things I could argue against it were users could corrupt it if they edited it and it looked odd. For me I can live with it, but I'll gladly retire the script for native item/take markers.

You can still edit the name as long as you don't overwrite the header "_*#*#*#*" and what follows it, and I can make it easy to change that header for something of your choosing if you want (that was a daft, very early "can't lose it in a sea of characters" choice that never got replaced with anything more sensible).

Heyup Claudio, hope you like it!

How are you finding the CPU hit?

>
Old 10-01-2014, 06:49 PM   #14
planetnine

Beta03 version:

https://stash.reaper.fm/21936/Item%20...s%20beta02.eel

~ Hollow squares added in padlock position.
~ Marker old colour data storage now differentiates between black (colour =0x1000000) and default colour (colour =0x0000000).

I've used one of the spare bytes at the beginning of the data set for "old colour = default colour". It may mean default colour markers from projects you've used this tool in may be "returned" to black rather than your themed default, but you can edit the second zero to a "1" in the headers if this bothers you

8 chars data header: "_*#*#*#*"
4 chars toggles each "0" or "1": spare, default colour, bext offset used, lock status.
6 chars original colour: 0xBBGGRR
16 chars marker offset: hex of 8 bytes, double precision floating value.
38 chars item's take GUID.

Hope someone finds these useful. Next beta will include a help page...

>
Old 10-02-2014, 11:53 AM   #15
planetnine

Beta04 version:

https://stash.reaper.fm/21962/Item%20...s%20beta04.eel

~Help page added.
~wav file/bext/non-zero TC indication clarified (yellow hollow box is wav but no bext; green hollow box is bext, but zero TC; solid green box is bext non-zero TC).
~scanning non-wav files optimised.

Please let me know if you find any bugs or have suggestions.

>
Old 10-10-2014, 03:18 AM   #16
planetnine

Beta05 version:

https://stash.reaper.fm/22070/Item%20...s%20beta05.eel

~ fixed bug: highlight marker/item now returns to previous colour, not default.

>
Old 10-14-2014, 06:31 AM   #17
drew
Mobile

Hey Nathan,

This is excellent work - just to say thanks for making and sharing this EEL.

I really like being able to have that window open while I work, and it's a great starting point to make a custom 'inspector' which suits my workflow.

Cheers!

Drew
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:13 AM   #18
planetnine

It's certainly helped us here, although I think most of the item and selection stuff isn't used so much (it could do with clearer presentation).

Did you get the latest version with the BWF timecode and the selectable edit/play cursor?

We've set the middle mouse button to Jog audio (looped segment mode) and it's great with this tool for tactile searching with the recordist's edit list -zoom right in on sections needing edits.

Glad it's been useful to you. I wish there was some way of temporarily displaying the source time as a ruler in the items though...

Have you tried the other two tools in this thread?

CD Track marker tool
Item marker tool

>
Old 11-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #19
planetnine

Beta06 version:

https://stash.reaper.fm/v/22299/PL9-I...s%20beta06.eel

~ Added undo-points.

>
Old 11-13-2014, 05:17 PM   #20
Viente

Great job! Thank you!

I always wonder if its possible to change color of background in such scripts?
Viente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 01:47 AM   #21
planetnine

Yes, it is. I've just not got around to investigating the graphics boxes and lines needed for it yet.

>
Old 11-14-2014, 02:35 PM   #22
planetnine

Beta07 version:

https://stash.reaper.fm/v/22302/PL9-I...s%20beta07.eel

~Added marker renumbering (start number and increment).

>
Old 11-19-2014, 07:03 PM   #23
planetnine

Beta08 version:

https://stash.reaper.fm/v/22352/PL9-I...l%20beta08.eel

~Added marker group copy/move tool (no help page yet).

>
Old 11-21-2014, 04:35 PM   #24
planetnine

Default Item Marker Tool Beta 10

Just updating this and thought I'd mention that I implemented numeric value vertical dragging in the tool if any scripters wanted to use the method...

Basically, for each parameter there are three short conditionals:

In the first, the mouse_cap is trapped with a mouse_state variable (thanks, spk) and a mouseover zone function (example_zone = mouse_x >= example_lx && mouse_x < example_rx && mouse_y >= example_line && mouse_y < example_line + gfx_texth; ), this then flags the click specifically for the parameter (example_lcd), the parameter value at the time of the click (example_ref) and the mouse-down mouse_y value (example_mds) at the point of the click:

The second section looks for a continued mouse_cap, and, as the mouse will have been dragged away from the parameter's zone, the left-click-down (example_lcd) flag to show that the cap is still from the parameter being dragged. A parameter specific algoritm or function can calculate the parameter's new value based on the mouse_y value and the value and parameter refs in the first section (example_par = example_ref +(k(example_mds-mouse_y))). This gives a during-drag parameter for user-feedback.

The third section looks for the mouse_cap release (mouse_state==0) and the lcd flag -it releases this flag and calculates the final value using the same parameter-specific algorithm.

I've copied the section out of the Item Marker Tool script that I commented-up if anyones interested, it's a useful alternative/complement to typing in values and mousewheel setting (which I also used for finer adjustment with these same parameters). I used ten of these vert-drag routines in the tool and they make short work of shifting large value-ranges.

Code:
	mouse_cap == 1 ?  // Left click capture
	(
		mouse_state == 0 && mrel_m_zone ? // mrel mins zone -drag value
		( // mouse-state shows no mouse-click currently trapped and allows this left-click to be trapped and processed
			mouse_state = 1; // traps the mouse event
			mrel_m_lcd = 1; // flages this is mkr rel-time mins "left-click-down"
			mrel_time_ref = mrel_time; // takes the val of mrel-time for reference at lcd
			mrel_time_mds = mouse_y; // stores the mouse_y value at lcd for using the difference as a mrel-time modifier
		);
	)

mouse_state == 1 && mrel_m_lcd ? // left-click down -mins (mouse state shows a click event has been trapped & it is mrel_mins left-click-down)
	(
		mrel_time = mrel_time_ref + ((mrel_time_mds - mouse_y)*30); // mrel_time_ref is the value of mrel_time at click-down, mds is mouse_y "mouse-drag-store"
		index_mkr_num ? mabs_time = index_mkr_pos + mrel_time; // a related, dependent time pos calculation, mabs_time is mkr-absolute-time
		index_mkr_num && mabs_time < 0 ? (mrel_time = 0 - index_mkr_pos; mabs_time = 0; );// a limit -max neg move before index marker becomes <0
	);

mouse_state == 0 && mrel_m_lcd ? // left-click release-mins (mouse state shows click is released & it is mrel_mins left-click-down released)
	(
		mrel_m_lcd = 0; // release the mrel_mins left-click-down flag and calc final values...
		mrel_time = mrel_time_ref + ((mrel_time_mds - mouse_y)*30); // this calcs mkr-rel-time from time of lcd, orig mouse_y and current mouse_y
		index_mkr_num ? mabs_time = index_mkr_pos + mrel_time; // calc abs time from rel time pos
		index_mkr_num && mabs_time < 0 ? (mrel_time = 0 - index_mkr_pos; mabs_time = 0; );// a limit max neg move before index marker becomes <0
	);

mouse_cap ==0 ? mouse_state =0;
The section actually contains some dependent parameter calcs and limits, but the basic structure is easy to see. I've progressed with EEL thus far by partially mining others' scripts for methods, so it would be nice to think someone else might benefit from one of mine

Edit 25-Nov
With thanks to spk77 for getting me to use relative variables, this has allowed me to compact this code and make it much easier to use and read. I've converted the three conditionals to one function with ten calls, each maintaining its own .lcd, .ref, and .mds variables, each to be picked up at the appropriate time in the function on subsequent passes through the deferred code chain.

Code:
function vert_drag(cap, zone, drag_value, k,) // eg (1, mrel_time, 30)
(
	mouse_cap == cap && !mouse_state && zone ? // this conditional is things set on drag's click-down
	( 
		mouse_state = 1; // traps the mouse event
		this.lcd = 1; // flags this "left-click-down"
		this.ref = drag_value; // stores the value at start of drag
		this.mds = mouse_y; // stores the mouse_y value at start of drag
	);

mouse_cap == cap && mouse_state && this.lcd ? // this conditional calcs the drag_value while mouse is still down in the drag
	(
		drag_value = this.ref + ((this.mds - mouse_y) * k); 
	);

!mouse_state && this.lcd ? // this conditional calcs final drag_value on release of mouse (!mouse_state) at end of drag
	(
		this.lcd = 0; // release the left-click-down flag... 
		drag_value = this.ref + ((this.mds - mouse_y) * k); // ...and calc final values...
	);
	drag_value;
);

marker_renum_start = mkrrenum_s.vert_drag(1, mkrrenum_start_zone, marker_renum_start, 1); //mkr renum start
	marker_renum_start <1 ? marker_renum_start = 1; // limits
	marker_renum_start >1000 ? marker_renum_start = 1000;

marker_renum_incr = mkrrenum_i.vert_drag(1, mkrrenum_incr_zone, marker_renum_incr, 0.2); [color=green]// marker renum increment
	marker_renum_incr <1 ? marker_renum_incr = 1; // limits
	marker_renum_incr >100 ? marker_renum_incr = 100;

mrel_time = mrel_h.vert_drag(1, mrel_h_zone, mrel_time, 900); // move rel time; h, m, s, fractions
	mrel_time = mrel_m.vert_drag(1, mrel_m_zone, mrel_time, 30);
	mrel_time = mrel_s.vert_drag(1, mrel_s_zone, mrel_time, 0.5);
	mrel_time = mrel_f.vert_drag(1, mrel_f_zone, mrel_time, 0.001);
	index_mkr_num ? mabs_time = index_mkr_pos + mrel_time; // update move abs time accordingly
	index_mkr_num && mabs_time < 0 ? (mrel_time = 0 - index_mkr_pos; mabs_time = 0; );// a limit (max neg move before index marker becomes <0)

mabs_time = mabs_h.vert_drag(1, mabs_h_zone, mabs_time, 900); // move abs time; h, m, s, fractions
	mabs_time = mabs_m.vert_drag(1, mabs_m_zone, mabs_time, 30);
	mabs_time = mabs_s.vert_drag(1, mabs_s_zone, mabs_time, 0.5);
	mabs_time = mabs_f.vert_drag(1, mabs_f_zone, mabs_time, 0.001);
	index_mkr_num ? mrel_time = mabs_time - index_mkr_pos; // update move rel time accordingly

mouse_cap ==0 ? mouse_state =0;
This (above) is the function using the relative this.variables, and the ten function calls including their dependent calcs and limits.
(end of edit)

Quite a few enhancements with these last two increments, I hope some of you find this tool useful...

Beta10 Release

-Added tooltips for help in operating the tool.

-Added "colour_toggle" in init, for disabling the type and lock colouring (for hopi).

-more code tweaks and optimisation.

Beta09 Release

-Added frames/seconds/beats time formats.

-Added global/group: header creation/deletion, toggle-locking, toggle-BWF-timecode view.

-Added a sanitised marker name view in the listing (Marker Name header)

-Added parameter-dragging for copy/move tool.

-Colour-scheme, layout, GUI, code tweaks.

>

Last edited by planetnine; 11-26-2014 at 07:26 AM. Reason: added gif vid
Old 11-24-2014, 07:06 PM   #25
planetnine

Beta11 Release:

#changed global/group toggles to L-clk on, R-clk off for Src header, type header, lock header, selection header.
#updated help page and tooltips.
#BWF offset optimisations (reduced CPU).
#Other optimisations.
+Select item markers with common take.
+Invert selection.
+Show duplicate markers.
+Renumber duplicate markers.
#Improved handling of duplicate markers (will specifically block locking).
#Fixed bug that changed item marker's parameters incorrectly if mouse was moved during R-clk "highlight-show marker and item".

Beta12 Release

#fixed bug in select-all and deselect-all actions
visual GUI tweaks.

I think that's it finished unless anybody finds any bugs or has any suggestions.

Beta13 Release

#Fixed nit-pick in selection column when index marker is selected by mouse click and then moved by mousewheel -index marker choice no longer jumps.

+Selection column can be removed by Alt-clk.

#Mouse event trap no longer waits for Shift, Ctrl or Alt to be released before allowing subsequent modifier clicks.

#Reinstated vert-drag limits on times and renumber parameters.

#Fixed rounding bug in resetting time parameters.

Let me now if you find any more issues or have any suggestions...

Beta14 Release

#Fixed bug in vertical drag of renumbering increment.

#Fixed bug in mousewheel change of copy/move absolute time, fraction-part.

>

Last edited by planetnine; 11-28-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:34 PM   #26
planetnine

Default Source Time Position Tool

04-Dec-14 Source Time Position Tool beta 15

+Enabled all source time parameters to use stretch marker compensation -source times will show true readings on stretch-markered takes.

+Edit/Play cursor auto-switch during stop and play modes.

+Snap offset parameters added.

#Optimised code for lower CPU use.

>
Old 12-04-2014, 06:37 PM   #27
planetnine

04-Dec-14 Item Marker tool beta 17

#Code optimisation and bugfixes on stretch-marker functions.

>
Old 01-03-2015, 09:52 AM   #28
planetnine

Edit: Use beta 17 ^^ instead, there seems to be an author-inflicted bug in the beta18 code that corrupts associations. I'll fix it when I have time to convert it to Lua. Apologies and thanks for your understanding.

03-Jan-15 Item Marker tool beta 18

Beta18
+ Marker offset can now be locked to Quarter Notes (beats) for MIDI items as opposed to seconds from source origin (time) in audio items.

If a marker is associated with a MIDI item, Ctrl-click enable use of a Quarter Note offset as opposed to a time offset used with audio items. This means the Item Marker can lock to a MIDI note or event, this lock tracking over tempo and position changes.

Ctrl-clk: enables QN offsets, Ctrl-Alt-clk: disables QN offsets.

>

Last edited by planetnine; 04-21-2016 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:47 PM   #29
WyattRice

Wonderful Job on all your tools P9.

Hope you don't mind, but I have a FR if possible?

Would it be possible for you to create a tool that just shows the Time selection only including start length end, and have the last digits show the frames?

Just this part I highlighted in red.

Thanks, Wyatt
Old 01-12-2015, 02:16 PM   #30
planetnine

Yes, sure -that's quite easy.

What format would you like the numbers in? h:mm:ss.sss as it defaults?

>
Old 01-12-2015, 02:29 PM   #31
WyattRice

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetnine View Post
Yes, sure -that's quite easy.

What format would you like the numbers in? h:mm:ss.sss as it defaults?
>
Many thanks!
As I mostly work with cd frames, could you do hours:mins:secs:frames?
Thanks, Wyatt
Old 01-12-2015, 02:36 PM   #32
WyattRice

My Main reason for wanting this is because I use the transport to get these readings, and they are too hard for me to see.

Example:

When I seen your tool had this, that got me thinking that your tool would be perfect, and the font size could be adjustable too?

Edit:
Don't know if this is possible, but an ideal like the big clock, and have the three (start, end, length) separated, and resizable?

Last edited by WyattRice; 01-12-2015 at 03:22 PM.
WyattRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:06 AM   #33
planetnine

It's resizeable already -put your mouse cursor in the top-left corner and spin the mouse-wheel...

Here you go, I've just stripped most of the code out and made the "Time sel" header the click-poinr to cycle through the time formats.

https://stash.reaper.fm/22930/PL9-tim_sel_box_beta01.eel

Is that what you wanted?

>
Old 01-14-2015, 10:58 AM   #34
WyattRice

Quote:
It's resizeable already -put your mouse cursor in the top-left corner and spin the mouse-wheel...

Here you go, I've just stripped most of the code out and made the "Time sel" header the click-poinr to cycle through the time formats.

https://stash.reaper.fm/22930/PL9-tim_sel_box_beta01.eel

Is that what you wanted?

>
Yes! That's great.

Is there a way to display the frames instead of milliseconds?

Many Thanks, Wyatt
Old 01-14-2015, 11:58 AM   #35
planetnine

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattRice View Post
Yes! That's great.

Is there a way to display the frames instead of milliseconds?

Many Thanks, Wyatt

Yes, hover the mouse above the "Time sel" header (it will turn blue) and click to cycle through the time formats.

Also, stick the mouse top-left corner and mousewheel to change font size...

>
Old 01-14-2015, 12:17 PM   #36
WyattRice

Quote:
Yes, hover the mouse above the "Time sel" header (it will turn blue) and click to cycle through the time formats.

Also, stick the mouse top-left corner and mousewheel to change font size...

>
Oh, great. It's working. How can I set it so that frames is the default?
Old 01-15-2015, 07:53 AM   #37
planetnine

Defaults to h:mm:ss:ff -https://stash.reaper.fm/22943/PL9-tim...ox_beta01a.eel

If you're interested, line 244, change to: ecp_format = 5; ecp_count = 2;

It cycles through the following time formats, and any can be set as the default using these values...

Code:
Default time display in Init

c    f    disp
0    3    seconds
1    4    samples
2    5    h:mm:ss:ff
3    0    h:mm:ss.sss
I set this up to not use beats as a time display, but it's actually quite easy to put them back in.

>
Old 01-15-2015, 12:56 PM   #38
WyattRice

Hi P9,
Many thanks! Its working great!

As far as I can tell, there isn't api yet to reposition the window location?

Anyway, great job.
Thanks, Wyatt
Old 01-15-2015, 01:40 PM   #39
planetnine

No, not yet.

I can resize the window -in fact changing the font size in the Source Time Position Tool does that, but unfortunately resetting and reinitialising the gfx window positions it up at top-left of your monitor screen.

Here, I just change the font size and let the user position and resize it manually.

>
Old 02-02-2015, 11:17 AM   #40
X-Raym

@planetnine
You source position tool is really brilliant.
From outside just as inside !
It is a very nice tool for every production !

Thanks to your comments in the script, I was able to extract some functions I need for the script I am building (which need source start and source end of the item from compensated rate of the take).

I will told you when it came out, I'm pretty sure you can be interested by it
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote