Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 06-17-2014, 09:41 AM   #1
luk
Human being with feelings

Default Yamaha Hybrid Kit Kontakt Pack free for short time

It's out and is free for short time!

http://drumdrops.com/
luk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:27 PM   #2
RoboPlankton

I click on "Get yours for two quid", and it's twenty quid .

I informed The Grim One, and he said:

"Forget it, lamebrain, go buy an ice cream and chill."

I'm not one to argue.......
Old 06-17-2014, 03:39 PM   #3
RoboPlankton

"Quick, only 46 £2.00 downloads remain!"

But it's twenty quid.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:42 PM   #4
RoboPlankton

"Quick, only 43 £2.00 downloads remain!"

mmmmm....ice cream......minty green................
Old 06-17-2014, 04:05 PM   #5
Jeffsounds

My email from Drumdrops says the first 250 copies are free... then it goes to 250 for £2.00... then 500 for £5.00... then it will return to £10.00...
Old 06-17-2014, 04:05 PM   #6
drumdrops

Default Offer problems

Hi Robo Plankton

I just tested the offer and it says £ 2.00 and I went to my cart I bought it for £ 2.00. We are not pulling anyone in here... It was a genuine offer. The first 250 went in an hour and our site almost collapsed. The next 250 are steadily going but judging by the invoices I am receiving most of them are going to plan.

If you have come across some bug (or maybe a browsee compatibility issue) please email me - nick@drumdrops.com and I will look at the issue. It is a new voucher we have setup to make this happen so there could be a bug.

Nice of you to be so vocal. It makes our job so much more enjoyable...

drumdrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:06 PM   #7
drumdrops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffsounds View Post
My email from Drumdrops says the first 250 copies are free... then it goes to 250 for £2.00... then 500 for £5.00... then it will return to £10.00...
Yep that is correct - although we are restricting 1000 to £ 10.00 and then it will fall back to £ 20.00. (which is almost 50% off our other kits).

Thanks...
Old 06-17-2014, 04:21 PM   #8
alex1073

Just checked and everything is fine here. I haven't bought it because I don't own Kontakt 5, but had no problems with the checkout and £2 was the only price I saw.

Cheers,
Alex
alex1073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:29 PM   #9
RoboPlankton

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumdrops View Post
Hi Robo Plankton

I just tested the offer and it says £ 2.00 and I went to my cart I bought it for £ 2.00. We are not pulling anyone in here... It was a genuine offer. The first 250 went in an hour and our site almost collapsed. The next 250 are steadily going but judging by the invoices I am receiving most of them are going to plan.

If you have come across some bug (or maybe a browsee compatibility issue) please email me - nick@drumdrops.com and I will look at the issue. It is a new voucher we have setup to make this happen so there could be a bug.

Odd stuff going on. My first try was via Pale Moon, a Firefox version, in which I got the two quid button option which came up as twenty quid. I just tried Firefox and I get it offered at US3.36, but when I click I get it offered at twenty quid.

More than that, I don't know. I've tried all possibilities with my "Get your face out of my PC" settings, to no avail.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:32 PM   #10
lachrimae

I was fortunate to be one of the first 250 and would like to say thanks to Drumdrop. The sequencer was a nice little surprise and the mixer presets are diverse & handy. I'm pretty loaded when it comes to drum VSTi's but I can see myself using this one in several different genres.
lachrimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:39 PM   #11
RoboPlankton

I exited Firefox after clearing the cache, ran CCleaner, went back to Firefox......two quid.....got to a page telling me it's twenty quid.

I can't get the two two quid option no matter what I try. Just posting for drumdrops's information now, although it would be nice to give the Kontakt doobry a run.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:45 PM   #12
RoboPlankton

Quote:
Thanks for popping in. I really don't know what the problem is at my end and have run out of options to solve the issue.

Minty green ice cream is the bees knees, though, and probably much better than drums of any kind .
Old 06-17-2014, 05:00 PM   #13
drumdrops

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboPlankton View Post
Thanks for popping in. I really don't know what the problem is at my end and have run out of options to solve the issue.

Minty green ice cream is the bees knees, though, and probably much better than drums of any kind .
Ok thanks - have you tried a different browser other than firefox. I will check that now but let me know if it is doing it on all browsers. To be honest if you have tried I will give you one at £ 2.00 ! But be good to solve the issue.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:02 PM   #14
RoboPlankton

I disabled AdBlock Plus and NoScript in the latest version of Firefox, exited and came back in, logged in after clicking the link in the first post here, and...............it's twenty quid though In was informed it was US$3.36.

Nothing more I can do, as far as I know. Posting this to let you know what's going on at my end.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:05 PM   #15
drumdrops

Quote:

OK are you logged in when you are doing this ? If you are can you do me favour and go to your 'invoices & download' area in your account and just check to see if it is there. If you already have the product in your account then the offer does revert back up to £ 20.00.

I tried on firefox. Not logged in correct price shows. Logged in it shows £ 20 as I have it already.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:05 PM   #16
RoboPlankton

Quote:
Ok thanks - have you tried a different browser other than firefox. I will check that now but let me know if it is doing it on all browsers. To be honest if you have tried I will give you one at £ 2.00 ! But be good to solve the issue.
I'll try Pale Moon again. I don't want to download and install other browsers.............scary stuff.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:06 PM   #17
RoboPlankton

Quote:
OK are you logged in when you are doing this ? If you are can you do me favour and go to your 'invoices & download' area in your account and just check to see if it is there. If you already have the product in your account then the offer does revert back up to £ 20.00.

I tried on firefox. Not logged in correct price shows. Logged in it shows £ 20 as I have it already.
Okay, back soon. Was logged in.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:10 PM   #18
RoboPlankton

In Firefox, still, I have three entries in 'Invoices and downloads' area showing twenty quid. I clicked to show 'invoice'....twenty quid. Off to Pale Moon now.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:12 PM   #19
drumdrops

Quote:
In Firefox, still, I have three entries in 'Invoices and downloads' area showing twenty quid. I clicked to show 'invoice'....twenty quid. Off to Pale Moon now.
OK so if you are in invoices & downloads you have the product. Don't click on view invoice. Click on the button that says download PC or download MAC (depending on OS)

I am guessing you must have got this when it was free but the site was so bogged down by traffic that many people thought there free purchase had failed.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:18 PM   #20
drumdrops

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachrimae View Post
I was fortunate to be one of the first 250 and would like to say thanks to Drumdrop. The sequencer was a nice little surprise and the mixer presets are diverse & handy. I'm pretty loaded when it comes to drum VSTi's but I can see myself using this one in several different genres.
Pleasure. Glad you are enjoying it. Got some awesome kits coming... All natural...
Old 06-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #21
RoboPlankton

Downloading now, thank you, having followed your latest instruction.

I can't log in with Pale Moon. Sometimes there's a red bar across the log-in window with a sad smiley, about having to log in to download a track, sometimes not.

Hope this helps. I run a lean web PC, so perhaps you have an issue which needs looking into. PM me if you need any further input from me. I'm off to bed now, but will check in when I wake up....probably in eight hours or so.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:08 PM   #22
RoboPlankton

Forgot....

I couldn't log into PayPal from your site whether in Firefox or Pale Moon. I was repeatedly told there was something wrong with the email or password. I just logged into PayPal directly, away from your site, no problem.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:29 AM   #23
luk

I just want to say Thank you drumdrops!

I love the kit!
luk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:56 AM   #24
ivansc

Boy! I cant get registered - watched this go from £2 to £5 and hoping I actually get registered before it goes up any more. At least this time it has my email address! (grin)
Guess you must be rather busy,
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:03 AM   #25
ivansc

O.K. Email arrived & I got it all sorted out and downloading the files, which I HOPE include the Kontakt instrument. This made up my mind for me regarding upgrading from K4 to K5 at least!

Only needed a tiny push, to be honest. I have several other VSTi in K format that will benefit from running in full 5 instead of full 4 or 5 free!

Got to say there is/was a LOT of confusing contradictory info both here and on DDs site.
I never got to enter the Yamahafree code but still wound up getting in at £5 level, at least I hope I did!
Looking forward to futzing about with the kit later today.

Last edited by ivansc; 06-18-2014 at 02:11 AM.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:12 AM   #26
drumdrops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
O.K. Email arrived & I got it all sorted out and downloading the files, which I HOPE include the Kontakt instrument. This made up my mind for me regarding upgrading from K4 to K5 at least!

Only needed a tiny push, to be honest. I have several other VSTi in K format that will benefit from running in full 5 instead of full 4 or 5 free!

Got to say there is/was a LOT of confusing contradictory info both here and on DDs site.
I never got to enter the Yamahafree code but still wound up getting in at £5 level, at least I hope I did!
Looking forward to futzing about with the kit later today.
Hi Ivan

Hope you enjoy the product. The yamahafree offer referred to an older offer we ran for the other 4 packs of this kit. (Multi-velocity pack / drum replacement pack / single hits and All samples pack). That offer now ended. The Kontakt offer has been done differently without a voucher code. It works it out on numbers bought and the price automatically rises as allocations disappear. we have had a few teething bugs with it which we are fixing today but it has mostly worked (and then our site got swamped by the traffic - we have learned for next time).

Anyway hope it arrives ok. Any problems email us at support and if you like it go and buy some of the other kits which are all amazing... (but I am biased).

Thanks Nick
Old 06-18-2014, 03:51 AM   #27
Wolffman

Does this come with the individual samples ? ( for mapping into any sampler of choice ) I only have Kontakt 4, or is this is A K5 product only ?

Cheers

https://soundcloud.com/wolffman7
Wolffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:00 AM   #28
alex1073

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolffman View Post
Does this come with the individual samples ? ( for mapping into any sampler of choice ) I only have Kontakt 4, or is this is A K5 product only ?

Cheers
It's Kontakt 5 only. Check this thread for single samples and more.

Cheers,
Alex
alex1073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:18 AM   #29
The Buddha Rats

I bought the Premier kit on faith at $46 and it didn't disappoint. It's definitely one of my favorites. I've also got the Yamaha kit (free dl) and it's really well recorded, lots of articulations and when triggered with V-Drums I'm a happy drummer.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:46 PM   #30
Wolffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1073 View Post
It's Kontakt 5 only. Check this thread for single samples and more.

Cheers,
Alex
Thanks Alex, bummer its K5 only.

I did read through that thread before but didn't connect the dots, thanks for clearing that up for me

Checked out the Drumdrops site and they have some nice kits for sure, and you can buy all sample packs that seem reasonable.

Cheers

https://soundcloud.com/wolffman7
Wolffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:17 AM   #31
RoboPlankton

My thanks to luk and to Alex for bringing this Kontakt kit to my attention. I've just upgraded my DAW computer and this all sounds very good indeed. The groove slicer looks cool, I'll be checking it out in depth later today.

Thanks also to drumdrops for coming in and sorting out my download. He is presently fixing a bug, so bear with it if you have any issues getting this kit at the advertised price.