Old 04-27-2015, 02:53 PM   #1
buddhajuke
Human being with feelings

Default 002 Rack for preamps only? (not adat)

My main rig is a UFX. I just aquired a Digi 002 rack and am interested in using just the preamps from the 002, and inputting those into my UFX (Just to get 4 more pres)

I've been searching, but every search for "002 standalone" is cluttered with responses on how (or how you can't) use the ADAT outs. Not interested in that.

Any advice?

I have an original MBOX as well, and with that guy, as long as you had it plugged into a computer (no drivers necessary) the preamps would feed the outputs just fine.

Anyone able to use the 002 just for its pres?
buddhajuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:13 PM   #2
lachrimae
Human being with feelings

Edit: Disregard my reply. I failed to read your post properly regarding no ADAT

I also have a UFX & Digi 002R and from what I recall the Digi must be connected to your PC in order to change the sample rate from the default (44.1k). I run 48k and since I can't get the Digi FW drivers to work properly with Win 8.1 x64 I was never able to get it to work at my required sample rate.

I did have success in connecting Digi->UFX via ADAT (w/out connecting the Digi to my PC as well) but the clock was off so I gave up...

Once Win10 is out I'll probably make more effort to find a working FW driver but in the meantime I just planned to do without the extra pres.
lachrimae is offline   Reply With Quote