Old 10-05-2014, 10:28 AM   #1
Glyn
Human being with feelings

Default Home Recording For Beginners book

Hi. Totally new to computer recording. Just purchased the book and am reading through a fair bit prior to installing. Apparently the CD that comes with it according to the book is an evaluation 2.5 version. I don't even know if it is Mac compatible as the book dwells heavily on windows versions. As the book works with the version on the disc is it worth going with that or downloading the latest version online which may be quite different? I do not really know if I use the disc whether it can be upgraded to the latest version as 2.5 seems rather old?
Glyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:03 AM   #2
thequietroom

I would use the 2.5 while your making your way through the book. A lot has change d since 2.5

Once your done with the book, you can install the newest reaper and evaluate it.
thequietroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 01:44 PM   #3
planetnine

I can't remember, but the Mac version of REAPER might have been in beta during the v2 release period (or at least some of it).

It's not a REAPER-specific book, it just uses REAPER as an example DAW for the exercises. Using the latest version of REAPER and the PDF manual should help you work through it without getting too lost.

>