Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 09-19-2008, 05:38 PM   #1
Solar
Human being with feelings

Default Exchanging Reaper Project with different Reaper Users!!!

Hey fellas!

Quickly, i'm sure this is possible but i was wondering, is it possible to exchange A Full Reaper project to another Reaper Engineer or user? Is it possible to save a full project like Sonar can do , create a Bundle of the full project so you can send that only one file to the other reaper user instead of going to ZIP the folder project?

Just wondering if Reaper has something like that witch would be amazing, just one click and consolidate the full project in a format name like in Sonar.

Thank you for any inputs!!

Cheers!
Old 10-20-2008, 02:20 PM   #2
slowass

I was just about to start a thread asking the same thing.

After being used to have this option to archive projects coming from Sonar, you don't want to live without it! Loading up a single file with everything in it from projects created 10 years ago is a breeze.

Such a great feature and none of the other DAWs have it? If its not implemented yet, please consider it for the near future.
slowass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:32 PM   #3
Amether

Well, there's always create folder for project with copy all media to folder ticked... afaik that now copies reasamplomatic audio (and reaverb?).

... and if the midi's in the project, then is there anything missing?

zip that folder and that's it... ok it's two steps but presumably all the other progs do... (?)
Amether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:40 PM   #4
livedead13

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowass View Post
I was just about to start a thread asking the same thing.

After being used to have this option to archive projects coming from Sonar, you don't want to live without it! Loading up a single file with everything in it from projects created 10 years ago is a breeze.

Such a great feature and none of the other DAWs have it? If its not implemented yet, please consider it for the near future.
Reason can do that, though Reason isn't really a daw.

it sounds like a great way to exchange projects between Sonar users, but it would be a smart idea to keep a back up of all your media, etc. in folders.

in case the compressed project file becomes corrupted, or if you need to give your project to someone who isn't running sonar.
livedead13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:51 PM   #5
bigwoody

I use consolidate/export under the file menu all the time to collaborate long distance with folks. Works great.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:01 PM   #6
slowass

Quote:
Originally Posted by livedead13 View Post
Reason can do that, though Reason isn't really a daw.

it sounds like a great way to exchange projects between Sonar users, but it would be a smart idea to keep a back up of all your media, etc. in folders.

in case the compressed project file becomes corrupted, or if you need to give your project to someone who isn't running sonar.
Aye Reason have it as well and its even better used in Reason when I think of it. A + next to the project-file give you a list of all the clips that the project contains, you can even mouse-drag a clip from the file-browser into a new project!

The clips doesn't seem compressed, just bundled in a single file. And its been used since the days when the DAW itself was titled Cakewalk, still even to this day the old projects opens up like a breeze in Sonar 7.
slowass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:37 PM   #7
thequietroom

on the save as, have it make a subdir, and move all media into that directory. Clean the audio folder and then just ZIP that folder.

In my experience sonar bundles were not always that great. I had a couple issues where the project started creating corrupt bundles. The resulting files were useless. In this sense the zipped folder is better than a bundle anyway.

I had 2 sonar projects that started having issues when the project started getting big.
thequietroom is offline   Reply With Quote