Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 05-16-2017, 12:28 PM   #1
MinorKey
Human being with feelings

Default Track Templates not Showing Up in Insert Track from Template Submenu

I guess I found a little bug. It's a really really basic one and actually it surprises me quite a lot. I don't think it's specific to my system, but one never knows... ☺
I have created a few track templates and I've stored them in their default directory. The problem is that they don't show up in the "Insert track from template" submenu when you right click a track. I see an item "(track template list)" right where my track templates should be. On the other hand, the same submenu in the main track menu (the one on the main menu bar) works just fine.
I don't know about other builds, but this bug is definitely present in the 64-bit version of 5.40.
Has anyone else experienced this issue or am I the only one?
MinorKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:25 AM   #2
MinorKey
Human being with feelings

It turns out that this is a semi-specific issue. By semi-specific I mean the following:
I haven't mentioned it before, because I did not think it was relevant, but I am a blind REAPER user. When working in REAPER I use Osara, which is a free accessibility plugin. This plugin adds info useful to screen readers and includes special actions that can be assigned to keyboard shortcuts.
I have talked to Osara's developer and the problem is that there's no easy way of accessing the track area/item context menus at the moment. For that reason, Osara uses a workaround of some sort for the time being.
That's the whole problem in a nutshell. 😊
MinorKey is offline   Reply With Quote