Old 05-13-2017, 01:17 AM   #1
Animal Rescue
Human being with feelings

Default Acustica Audio Acqua plugins - amazing

Does anyone use any of Acustica Audio's Acqua plugins? We've tried Honey2, Gold, Diamond, Lime, Amethyst3, PinkCM (Computer Music # 239), Ochre EQ (free), Tan Compressor (free), Red EQ (free), Coral and Titanium.
We've never been this blown away by a piece of gear. We were floored at how much they opened up a mix. The sound is simply amazing. Incredibly amazing. If your system can push the programs, they are well worth trying. Check out some of the free EQ's and Compressor or download a demo of a piece of your favorite hardware. It's worth your time.
Didn't think AA could possibly live up to all of the hype. Well, they do and more. Everything we have tried from them is wicked cool piece of gear.
Animal Rescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 11:16 AM   #2
hopi

yeah good stuff... maybe you'd like to dive into Nebula itself...
Old 05-25-2017, 11:23 AM   #3
Animal Rescue

Haven't tried Nebula 4 yet. Still learning/loving Acustica Audio Acqua Gold / Amethyst3 / Navy EQ.
Amazing sound quality. Makes a huge difference in what you hear and how you mix.
First piece of gear to really blow our minds since ...
Animal Rescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 11:00 AM   #4
seymour22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Rescue View Post
Does anyone use any of Acustica Audio's Acqua plugins?
Hi,
they are not so good, I would say as good as others - I compared few of them to others. On the other hand - around 5 months ago I wanted to buy Nebula but some errors pop up after installing. Acustica Audio help desk was terrible. They did nothing. I suggested that I would share my screen since I guessed it might be my Mac (some new model). I wanted call them, etc. After few weeks struggling with debuggers (I am also IT engineer) I gave up Still AA did nothing to help. Terrible experience, sorry to say. Perhaps this could sound with no fireworks but again I am convince this forum as every valuable forum should tell various opinions on same things.

Kind regards
Tomek
seymour22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:24 PM   #5
richie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by seymour22 View Post
Hi,
they are not so good, I would say as good as others - I compared few of them to others. On the other hand - around 5 months ago I wanted to buy Nebula but some errors pop up after installing. Acustica Audio help desk was terrible. They did nothing. I suggested that I would share my screen since I guessed it might be my Mac (some new model). I wanted call them, etc. After few weeks struggling with debuggers (I am also IT engineer) I gave up Still AA did nothing to help. Terrible experience, sorry to say. Perhaps this could sound with no fireworks but again I am convince this forum as every valuable forum should tell various opinions on same things.

Kind regards
Tomek
I don't work for Acustica, but I do beta test for them. I am sorry to hear about such a bad experience, but I can assure you that your experience is not the norm. I know of hundreds of extremely happy users of all of their products, including quite a few high profile engineers and producers (some of which are now collaborating with Acustica in making new plugins). I myself use Acustica products almost exclusively over other plugins...To each their own though, of course.
I suggest contacting their support again and explain your unhappiness. They are super friendly and they WANT people to be satisfied (thrilled even) with their products.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:59 AM   #6
beingmf

I can only agree with Richie. I think I remember one single case having issues with an AA product – and not only was it user error, but sorted out by the developer in less than 48 hours.
Just yesterday I was VERY surprised when I suggested demoing AA plugins to a friend who's a PT user on OSX. I was more than skeptical, but even the AAX stuff is working without a glitch now.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:25 AM   #7
seymour22

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie43 View Post
I don't work for Acustica, but I do beta test for them. I am sorry to hear about such a bad experience, but I can assure you that your experience is not the norm. I know of hundreds of extremely happy users of all of their products, including quite a few high profile engineers and producers (some of which are now collaborating with Acustica in making new plugins). I myself use Acustica products almost exclusively over other plugins...To each their own though, of course.
I suggest contacting their support again and explain your unhappiness. They are super friendly and they WANT people to be satisfied (thrilled even) with their products.
Hi Richie,
agree, the idea of creating impulse/convolution plugins made me being interested to amazing extent at the beggining. So many emails with them (I can paste them here) caused absolutely no progress, no discussion willingness. One month of my fighting.

However if you know any reliable AA developer interested in looking at my shared screen please pass the message that I would start investigating Nebula with AA again from scratch.

If anything with AA Nebula changes I will inform you here.

Kr!
Tomek
seymour22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:48 AM   #8
zabukowski

Nice to see some love for Acustica plugins here

Cheers!
zabukowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 11:40 AM   #9
RJHollins

Much has happened since 'around 5 months ago' ... specifically with MAC.

I have no details [PC here].

Suggest: Be certain you have the very latest release versions.
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 01:37 AM   #10
Arpegia

Good experience for me with Acustica Aqua Plugins. Only one regret, I can't use only AA plugin for my Reaper Session. Even if I work with Mac pro 6.1 , 64Gb Ram 12 Core. I optimize my setup, best buffering setup, inactive multithread, apple recommandation for best audio DAW performances etc... when I use more than 12 AA, my Mac start to slowdown :-(

It's why I prefer to use them on Group Bus and Master Bus.

A friend told me that i could get the same result with other plugins. Indeed, I try to reproduce the Titanium sound with other plugins and I got a similar sound with Fabfilter multi band compressor+ Saturn multi band saturator + DDMF IIEQpro, BUT if I didn't get the magic result from Titanium I would never imagine to setup those 3 plugins on a Group Bus.

For some others, like Aquamarine or AMBER 2 , I never achieved the same result.

One more thing, I was working with Logic Pro since 20 years and I change for Reaper 3 month ago. I was very surprise to ear a big difference with all my plugins. Some of them react differently. Some time I am disappointed, and some time I have good surprises. Ex: I was so impressed with AA White2 in Logic Pro, now with Reaper it's a little bit less impressive. With Amber, it's the contrary...
It's why we should be careful when we read review about Plugin. The biggest difference I noticed is between Logic Pro and Protools.
Old 09-09-2017, 04:21 AM   #11
viscofisy

I just googled "acustica audio aqua amethyst" - and even the webpage takes ages to load!

It's not very well set out - the introduction is unnecessarily daunting and the use of English is awkward.
It's not a confidence-inspiring introduction.

They could do with a competent copywriter, or even a proof reader.

If anyone is in personal contact with the management, tell them I'd be happy to help in that regard.

I'd even accept a plugin as payment.
_
viscofisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 05:15 AM   #12
Jack Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpegia View Post
Good experience for me with Acustica Aqua Plugins. Only one regret, I can't use only AA plugin for my Reaper Session. Even if I work with Mac pro 6.1 , 64Gb Ram 12 Core. I optimize my setup, best buffering setup, inactive multithread, apple recommandation for best audio DAW performances etc... when I use more than 12 AA, my Mac start to slowdown :-(

It's why I prefer to use them on Group Bus and Master Bus.
You could investigate if you like sub projects. If you right click on the track in the tcp and "choose move tracks to new subproject" it will create a sort of project inside of the project, with just that track/media in it. If you click on the media, then it will open the sub project in a new tab with only that media in it.

There you could go crazy with something like pre->eq->comp->line amp->comp->line amp, then when you save that it will render the track and use that media for playback in the master project. Thus you can have all that nebula processing with zero impact when playing back in the master prj.

What is less than stellar is that when you want to change settings it just plays in parallel with the master project. The sub project won't go through bus/master fx until you close it.

You can do the same with individual items.

One work flow might be, create a sub prj for each track, in each add a fx chain from your fx templates, then close it. Once you have all of them done, start with normal fx on the tracks and the buses. You can do the same for folders, say put all your drums in a folder, then turn that into a sub. add the nebula drum bus fx and save it.

But IMO an excellent alternative to make Nebula practical...
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)

Last edited by Jack Winter; 09-09-2017 at 05:21 AM.
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 02:29 PM   #13
Arpegia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Winter View Post
You could investigate if you like sub projects. If you right click on the track in the tcp and "choose move tracks to new subproject" it will create a sort of project inside of the project, with just that track/media in it. If you click on the media, then it will open the sub project in a new tab with only that media in it.

There you could go crazy with something like pre->eq->comp->line amp->comp->line amp, then when you save that it will render the track and use that media for playback in the master project. Thus you can have all that nebula processing with zero impact when playing back in the master prj.

What is less than stellar is that when you want to change settings it just plays in parallel with the master project. The sub project won't go through bus/master fx until you close it.

You can do the same with individual items.

One work flow might be, create a sub prj for each track, in each add a fx chain from your fx templates, then close it. Once you have all of them done, start with normal fx on the tracks and the buses. You can do the same for folders, say put all your drums in a folder, then turn that into a sub. add the nebula drum bus fx and save it.

But IMO an excellent alternative to make Nebula practical...
Thanks Jack for those recommandations, but when I compose music for film, I use 100% virtual instruments and I need to keep the possibility to change everything at anytime. (notes, automation, sounds EQ/comp, balance etc) it's why I don't wanna Freeze or render anything. I optimize my Mac Setup and I think I can't be better actually. Maybe One day, Acustica Audio will propose an external Memory system (like UAD DSP) ;-)