Old 06-26-2017, 08:47 AM   #1
guitarmstrwlane
Human being with feelings

Default Panning Sub-Items

I do a lot of mixing that requires me to work with multiple songs in a single project file. I want to pan a single item multiple ways without having to create multiple tracks of the same file (one track each way I pan), which also requires me to manually delete the track of the panning I am not using per song. For example, a vocalist will sing harmony on one song and lead on another. I will want to pan the harmony left or right, but the lead straight. So I have to create a harmony track for the vocalist and a lead track for the vocalist. That gets especially exhausting when you have multiple vocalists.

In Item Properties, you can adjust volume and panning for the track their without adjusting the mixer controls, and you can also split the tracks into sub-items and the panning/volume for one of the split sections does not effect another section. However, this only works for tracks that are coming in stereo, the tracks I get are in mono.

Is there a way to do what I am asking? I do not want to group the multiple tracks because I will still have to manually mute the track panned that I am not using. Nor do I want to have to render each track I am panning individually into a stereo file, that will take too much time.
guitarmstrwlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:22 AM   #2
metal_priest

envelope automations is what you need

make an automation for the pan, easy!
metal_priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:35 AM   #3
guitarmstrwlane

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_priest View Post
envelope automations is what you need

make an automation for the pan, easy!
I don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks!
guitarmstrwlane is offline   Reply With Quote