Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 06-19-2017, 09:37 PM   #1
mr.cello
Human being with feelings

Default PreSonus FaderPort 8 work? Better than X-touch?

Does anyone know if this works properly with Reaper? Did a search but nothing came up. Was torn between this and the Berhinger X-Touch - feedback on that feedback welcome on that front too
mr.cello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:33 PM   #2
orbiterred

nothing too much to add, just wanted to say I too am trying to make the same decision.

the klinke plugin has apparently been discontinued and from what i can tell the faderport 8 integration isn't anything like what you see with the native presonus studio one integration... i want it to be awesome, but i'm worried it's not worth it at this point.
orbiterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:09 PM   #3
mr.cello

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiterred View Post
the klinke plugin has apparently been discontinued
Really? That is disappointing, won't that impact all control surfaces? Everything I found on the X-Touch indicated that the way to go was to use that plugin.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:45 AM   #4
orbiterred

i read that it was discontinued somewhere, but i can't really see where it actually says that in the klinke thread. also i think someone else is starting up another project to keep things going.

i just ordered a faderport 8 so fingers crossed!
Old 07-01-2017, 02:53 PM   #5
orbiterred

i've got my faderport 8 up and running with klinke... so far it's pretty damned awesome. Editing plugins works, banking/channel select all that stuff works perfectly also. Can't figure out folder mode or anchor tracks which isn't really a deal breaker, but it would be nice.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:57 PM   #6
mr.cello

Quote:
i've got my faderport 8 up and running with klinke... so far it's pretty damned awesome. Editing plugins works, banking/channel select all that stuff works perfectly also. Can't figure out folder mode or anchor tracks which isn't really a deal breaker, but it would be nice.
Nice! did you have to do anything special, or did it work more or less out of the box? Was it all covered in the Klinke manual?
Old 07-03-2017, 03:21 PM   #7
Klinke

Quote:
the klinke plugin has apparently been discontinued.
It's true that I do not invest time into this in the last year, but that's mainly because in overall I'm satisfied with the current version, maybe because I didn't have used Reaper a lot in the last year ;-)

But I'm still look sometime into this forum, and if some issues appear that needs to be fixed, I will work on this. But I only own a Mackie Control, so for question about other units, it's unlikly that I can help.
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 06:37 AM   #8
orbiterred

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.cello View Post
Nice! did you have to do anything special, or did it work more or less out of the box? Was it all covered in the Klinke manual?
Yep manual was how i got things working... it's all fairly straight forward, plug it in, load it up and away you go.

As mentioned the folder mode and anchor tracks I can't get, but as this was developed for the mackie i don't know that it will ever work.

General stuff all seems to work, and edit plugins works quite well for a lot of things too. It's not perfect by any means, but it's a pretty big time saver for me so far.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:41 AM   #9
orbiterred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke View Post
It's true that I do not invest time into this in the last year, but that's mainly because in overall I'm satisfied with the current version, maybe because I didn't have used Reaper a lot in the last year ;-)

But I'm still look sometime into this forum, and if some issues appear that needs to be fixed, I will work on this. But I only own a Mackie Control, so for question about other units, it's unlikly that I can help.
Just wanted to say thanks for everything you have done Klinke, the faderport 8 is much more usable because of your work!
Old 07-15-2017, 08:01 AM   #10
Munchmastr

Quote:
Yep manual was how i got things working... it's all fairly straight forward, plug it in, load it up and away you go.

As mentioned the folder mode and anchor tracks I can't get, but as this was developed for the mackie i don't know that it will ever work.

General stuff all seems to work, and edit plugins works quite well for a lot of things too. It's not perfect by any means, but it's a pretty big time saver for me so far.
Were you able to get the plugin mapping editor to save and reload when you open up a new instance? Mine doesn't seem to recognize/load the "factory" plugin map and creates a fresh map each time. Would be nice if there was a "load" function in the plugin editor so you can load different plugin maps really quickly. Maybe I missed it, but I don't see it.

Maybe the software is trying to look in the My Documents folder? Windows 10 changed the folder to "Documents" so I don't know if there is a conflict there. Tried a few different spots for the maps. It does recognize the user made maps, but not as a factory default map.

Also, the changes I make in the track settings editor to show/hide tracks don't seem to be reflected on the actual Faderport.

Interested to hear if you were able to make these functions work on your machine. I just picked up a Faderport 8 to try it out and see how the functionality would be with Reaper. But I'm leaning toward returning it if I can make it work how I want it to.

Cheers!
Scott

**EDIT**
I noticed if I press the left ALT key on my keyboard in pan mode it displays the main options on the scribble pads. The issue is, I can't figure out how to change the options. I've pressed all the buttons with/without shift, the faders, etc.

Last edited by Munchmastr; 07-15-2017 at 09:32 AM.
Munchmastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:08 PM   #11
orbiterred

Sounds like your further ahead than me, would love to hear how you are making out it you are still persevering.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:22 PM   #12
LugNut

Hi,
The answer to your questions has been posted. Bout a week ago somewhere around here. And its in the klinke manual.
You can use any midi command to emulate MCU buttons that are not found on the fader port.
LugNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:05 PM   #13
DanTheMan

Default FP8 works as good if not better

I find the faderport8 to work even smoother in reaper then it did studio one. I sure would like to find a cheat sheet of sorts on how to customize MCU functions with reaper, assign buttons and such.
DanTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:51 AM   #14
Infidel

Hello everyone i just bought the faderport 8, and things are a little bit strange.

So far its working good with Klinke but the problem is that faders are unresponsive after some time which renders the whole thing useless for me.

I have done the latest firmware update but it did not solve the problem.
Infidel is offline   Reply With Quote