Old 10-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
tsmyles
Human being with feelings

Default Timecode and Firewire

Hi. I'm thinking about replacing Metacorder with Reaper.... however... there currently isn't an option to be able to record timecode in via the Mac's audio input with another input source for audio. I'm using a Mackie 1640 mixer via firewire and would love to be able to use the Mac's audio in for TC. The Mackie's 16 channels are full.
tsmyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:44 AM   #2
airon

What format is the timecode coming in as ? LTC ? Reaper can read LTC and sync to that. And it can run looooong timelines, so no problem there.

If you're just going to record stuff on set like that, maybe Boomrecorder is what you need. It can do exactly what you were describing.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:20 AM   #3
tsmyles

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
What format is the timecode coming in as ? LTC ? Reaper can read LTC and sync to that. And it can run looooong timelines, so no problem there.

If you're just going to record stuff on set like that, maybe Boomrecorder is what you need. It can do exactly what you were describing.
The timecode is LTC. Reaper only sees the inputs from the Mackie. I want to send it TC via the Mac's input (as I do with Metacorder) so as not to have to loose an input. The Mackie's inputs are all in use. And there's no way in the Mac's audio midi setup screen to have both the Mackie and the Mac's inputs availabe at the same time.

...maybe I'll just contact Mark Gilbert and see if he has an idea why I'm having problems with Metacorder.

When I bought Metacorder BoomRecorder was in it's infancy.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #4
serr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmyles View Post
Hi. I'm thinking about replacing Metacorder with Reaper.... however... there currently isn't an option to be able to record timecode in via the Mac's audio input with another input source for audio. I'm using a Mackie 1640 mixer via firewire and would love to be able to use the Mac's audio in for TC. The Mackie's 16 channels are full.
Open Audio MIDI Setup (in Applications/Utilities/) and create an aggregate device of both your Mackie interface and the built-in input. Select this aggregate device as your Audio Device in Reaper's Preferences/Audio/Device window (you can open Audio MIDI Setup from a shortcut in this window too).

Now you will have the inputs from both devices to use in Reaper.

For Windows users the setup utility is ASIO4ALL.
serr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #5
tsmyles

Quote:
Originally Posted by serr View Post
Open Audio MIDI Setup (in Applications/Utilities/) and create an aggregate device of both your Mackie interface and the built-in input. Select this aggregate device as your Audio Device in Reaper's Preferences/Audio/Device window (you can open Audio MIDI Setup from a shortcut in this window too).

Now you will have the inputs from both devices to use in Reaper.

For Windows users the setup utility is ASIO4ALL.
Thanks. It's been so long that I had to aggregate (and I was in 10.6 at the time) that I couldn't find the menu.