Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 10-27-2014, 04:49 PM   #1
Etalon
Human being with feelings

Default Can't save input & regular FX chains together as default chain(s) for new tracks

Well, the title says it all...

But let me explain why would I need to set up an input fx while using the regular fx chain as well:

I have a faulty midi keyboard, which sends CC messages I don't want to record. I'm using the MB MIDI Event Filter2, which I found here on the forum, to filter out those messages.

If I put the filter on the regular FX chain (post fx), it doesn't filter out the messages, but if I add it as an input FX (pre fx), it doesn't record any of those unwanted CC messages.

I also use some VSTs as default FX chain, whenever I add a new track.
However, if you save the input FX chain as default chain for new tracks, it will overwrite the default regular FX chain, and when you add a new track, the saved input FX goes to the regular FX chain, replacing the earlier chain, and the input FX chain will be empty...

I think only a few people would use both the pre and post fx chains as track default, but it would be great, if REAPER could save both chains, and it would be nice to just set it up on the input FX, then just forget it, and use only the regular FX chain as usual...

I could save the track as a template, where everything is in place, but in the mouse modifiers, you can't change the behavior of the double click of the empty track area (it adds the default track at the bottom) and I could add a toolbar button to insert that track template, but the double click method would be much easier, not to mention if I forget to add the customized track template, and insert the default one instead, without the CC filter...

I wonder if anyone have any suggestion what would be the most optimal thing to do in this rare case?
Does this issue deserve a feature request?

Last edited by Etalon; 10-27-2014 at 07:42 PM. Reason: type correction
Etalon is offline   Reply With Quote