Old 01-03-2008, 08:11 AM   #1
Dali
Human being with feelings

Default FCB1010 & Guitar Rig Wah

First post after reading about 200 messages here...

I'm using Guitar Rig 3 (GR3) in conjunction with my midi foot controller FCB1010. It works. That's the great news.

But when I played back a track where I used the Wahwah, this "information" seems not recorded. So I have my guitar sound ok but the modulation done with the expression pedal was not recorded.

Any hint to a guy that his Reaper trial screen says "Total time 3:40" ?

Dali
Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:52 AM   #2
schwa
Administrator

Hello Dali.

Do I have this right: you are recording the dry guitar, listening through GR as you record but not recording the output of GR, changing some parameter in GR with a pedal, hearing the wah effect as you record, but when you play back you don't hear the wah effect because the pedal action wasn't recorded?

It may work to record the pedal action as parameter automation while you record the guitar. Open the envelopes window for the track, find whatever parameter it is that the foot pedal maps to (there are probably about a thousand parameters for GR), and arm it to record. Look in the user guide for more information about the different automation modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dali View Post
First post after reading about 200 messages here...

I'm using Guitar Rig 3 (GR3) in conjunction with my midi foot controller FCB1010. It works. That's the great news.

But when I played back a track where I used the Wahwah, this "information" seems not recorded. So I have my guitar sound ok but the modulation done with the expression pedal was not recorded.

Any hint to a guy that his Reaper trial screen says "Total time 3:40" ?

Dali
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:39 AM   #3
Dali

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Hello Dali.

It may work to record the pedal action as parameter automation while you record the guitar. Open the envelopes window for the track, find whatever parameter it is that the foot pedal maps to (there are probably about a thousand parameters for GR), and arm it to record. Look in the user guide for more information about the different automation modes.
Thousands parameters ? You bet!

Works like a charm. Almost too easy.

Manual around page 167, chapter 8.5 "Writing automation".

Thanks a lot for showing me the path !

Dali
Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:59 AM   #4
ZOLAIVE

Default Help...

High,
I just found this thread while I was looking for some informations about the way to use the Berhinger FCB 1010 to control Guitar Rig 3... According to what you say... it seems to be possible... I'm really in despair : I bought a Berhinger FCB 1010 for I thought it was easy to use it with guitar rig 3.0... BUT the Berhinger FCB 1010 manual is just "shit"... It doesn't explain how MIDI works and there are no examples about how one can control an amp sim software with this MIDI Foot Controller. What a pity 'cause I'm a newbie with MIDI language... The fact is that I don't understand what to do : which message should I send to guitar rig to change from one preset to another one ? Finally, how should I program the Berhinger FCB 1010 ? And then, what operation should I do in Guitar Rig 3 ? I went to the options panel and tried to use the "learn" button... but It doesn't work...
Do you have a tutorial about that ?
I need some help
Thanks a lot for your help.
Cheers
Olivier
ZOLAIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:36 PM   #5
Torpid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOLAIVE View Post
High,
I just found this thread while I was looking for some informations about the way to use the Berhinger FCB 1010 to control Guitar Rig 3... According to what you say... it seems to be possible... I'm really in despair : I bought a Berhinger FCB 1010 for I thought it was easy to use it with guitar rig 3.0... BUT the Berhinger FCB 1010 manual is just "shit"... It doesn't explain how MIDI works and there are no examples about how one can control an amp sim software with this MIDI Foot Controller. What a pity 'cause I'm a newbie with MIDI language... The fact is that I don't understand what to do : which message should I send to guitar rig to change from one preset to another one ? Finally, how should I program the Berhinger FCB 1010 ? And then, what operation should I do in Guitar Rig 3 ? I went to the options panel and tried to use the "learn" button... but It doesn't work...
Do you have a tutorial about that ?
I need some help
Thanks a lot for your help.
Cheers
Olivier
Not sure if you are still having issues with this but I finally figured it out thanks to Dali Check section 14.5 Writing Automation in the ReaperUserGuide25Eval.pdf found here http://www.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/REAPER_User_Guide
Torpid is offline   Reply With Quote