Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 01-27-2015, 02:10 PM   #161
MCCY
Human being with feelings

OMG, I didn't think it would be so easy!!!!
Tomorrow a video guy comes to the art teachers of the school I'm working for (as music, theatre & art techter) to teach us some video technics and didactic, so I thought, I give my beloved Reaper a chance as videoeditor & voila!! For use in school this is allready hughe, what reaper has to offer in these betas!!! Wow, wow, wow. I allways dreamed about just crossfading & cutting two videos. The possibilities now go way beyond this. Thank you!!! I am so excited!!!!!

Thank you!!!

Martin
MCCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:11 AM   #162
MCCY

We were devided into two groups and I asked the dozent if I could try my own camera in conjunction with reaper for the project... In the end my group was ready with a whole film, while the other still were cutting the beginning. Reaper is so fast and intuitiv for video when youre used to audioediting with it. Simply fun!!! I guess this functionality will attract many users to Reaper!
MCCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:38 PM   #163
brainwreck

Very cool!

It has always seemed like this would be the natural progression. Glad to see it.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:42 PM   #164
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCY View Post
We were devided into two groups and I asked the dozent if I could try my own camera in conjunction with reaper for the project... In the end my group was ready with a whole film, while the other still were cutting the beginning. Reaper is so fast and intuitiv for video when youre used to audioediting with it. Simply fun!!! I guess this functionality will attract many users to Reaper!
Great story/use!

I agree that reaper's editing style would really suit me for video too and can't wait to use it for demo vids for clients for game development!
Old 01-31-2015, 07:09 AM   #165
The Byre

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogexplosions View Post
I haven't been able to stop thinking about this since R5 testing began. My studio keeps Nuendo 6 around literally just for the ADR workflow. I feel all the pieces are there now to make an ADR workflow that matches and exceeds what you can do in Nuendo. I would be over the moon with happiness.
The one thing that sets R apart from other DAWs is the speed with which you can use stretch marks. Combine that with a decent set of ADR tools (wipe bars and possibly an on-screen text box, both generated by a numbered marker that corresponds to a number in the script) and I would be in heaven!

Devs, it's like this - you get the talent (I use that word loosely!) into the booth and he/she delivers the line in perfect sync. Big problem, it's wooden. So we go again. Still wooden. Then we keep going with the director, vocal coach, whatever, doing their best to get a meaningful performance out of the talent.

The talent now delivers the perfect line. It is emotionally perfect and perfectly delivered.

Big problem, it is now totally out of sync.

We have a choice of three things - (1) Fly with what we've got and try and match it up as best we can by cutting and pasting the dialogue, (2) use one of the wooden, but in sync bits, or (3) keep going all afternoon, hoping that somehow the talent will get better.

With better ADR tools, we could be matching the dialogue, using the stretch marks. I have the 'place a stretch-mark on the mouse pointer' command on the letter Q, as Q looks a little like a mouse and it's nicely off to one side. Because I do not have to click onto anything, this makes moving stuff really fast. I could well imagine that using that to move ADR into sync would speed up the whole ADR process immensely!

Remember, it's not just the US, UK post people who need ADR, there's the whole foreign language dubbing scene to think of. In Germany ALL films and TV series are dubbed into German. Speed is absolutely essential here. You can get a day for a half-hour programme or a week for a budget film. I kid you not!

Dubbing rooms are far less 'religious' about which tools they use. There is none of this 'ProTools is the standard' nonsense. There just isn't the time for that kind of thing. There is a release date or an airing date and that bastard is set in stone. You use whatever gets the job done fastest!
The Byre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 09:53 AM   #166
airon

You'd need a take list for starters.

Character, Actor, Line, TC in, TC out, notes, audio interface input at the very least.

You could do that via a new component of an SWS extension, or perhaps a new one just for this.

Stuff the extension would have to do :
  • A control interface to record an active take or takes if they overlap, jump to the next/previous take, play back the last takes, select varying versions of a line if they were recorded.

What is currently being done should be completely obvious at a glance.

• Load a CSV file with the data and assign columns of the data to internal categories.

• Create single entries for the currently active ADR list one entry at a time from a time selection. The user enters data on character, actor, line, etc. and/or selects them from a dropdown. Maybe some shortcut workflows could speed this up.

I did a lot of takes with old-school taker systems where we marked IN and OUT and then just entered the data. This was remarkably fast.

• Create new entries in an ADR list from a selection of items and the track names they're on. If there's an empty item, its item notes are used. The user can select what the track name designates. It could be the actor or character or location for example. The item name(or note) could be the line.

Once the information is captured, the user can add missing or incomplete information to the ADR list.
  • Create and manage the tracks for recording. Track and item names of recordings are sources from sources designated by the user.

Tracks that are recording would be large, tracks only being played back small. Most of this stuff would be recording in ITEM PUNCH mode, so the editor gets a little material up front and after the item is recorded.

• Manage the audio interface input selection via a dropdown in the Character list. This should still be changeable PER LINE ENTRY in the ADR list. Room, field, closet, tank, hallway, .... all kinds of things will necessitate microphone choices that can be prepared ahead of time and just picked from the list of inputs.

• Video streamer 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... TALK

A video item would need to be available for creation that could generate video, in this it'll require three different things
    1. A solid, horizontal bar at the bottom that shrinks on both sides towards the middle.

At the zero marker where the actor is supposed to talk or the singer should start singing perhaps, the bar is shrunk to nothing

2. A countdown in the middle of the horizontal, shrinking bar, optional.

3. A display of the line where the bar was, also optional.

The extension could designate a track to be the 'stresmer' track as well. Then the extension would create and remove the streamer video items on the fly for each take.

How does that sound ?

The video streamer is the biggest problem. Video items that generate video without a file source is the stuff Cockos would need to add.

Last edited by airon; 01-31-2015 at 10:00 AM.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 10:09 AM   #167
Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Byre View Post
The one thing that sets R apart from other DAWs is the speed with which you can use stretch marks.
Can you explain that? I mean, while having a serious discussion about features I always read these kinds of comments which don't appear to be necessarily true, which appear to be more cheerleading than anything else.

How exactly are R's stretch marks "faster" than Cubase's, Logic's, PT's, S1's, that sets it apart? In my experience with the two I own, Reaper's are actually slower and more cumbersome to use.

No offense, but the random cheerleading really detracts from having a good and honest discussion. How exactly are R's stretch marks so much better than "other daws"?
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 02:28 AM   #168
The Byre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
How exactly are R's stretch marks so much better than "other daws"?
Well, for example, supposing I need to bring a horn section together. This is exactly what I was doing a couple of weeks ago. I had seven horns and I needed to align them to the lead and to the bass guitar. In all other DAWs (as far as I am aware - I have yet to try S1) I have to SELECT a track, in order to stretch or squeeze a note. In CuBase, I have to go into 'AudioWarp' first for each instance!

In Reaper, I just hover over the offending note with the mouse pointer. I don't even have to select the track. The selected track can be something completely different. When you are having to move HUNDREDS of notes across dozens of tracks, this is vital.

I hover over the track where I want to move a single note and pin the last correct note with a marker by hitting the letter Q (which is where I have placed my short-cut to the command 'Stretch Mark on Mouse Pointer') and then place one where I want the move to stop. Then one on the offending note and move it. It literally takes less than 5 seconds to move a note.

Now, think about ADR. We have the line "Darling, what is happening to us?"

We have picked the take that is the one with the best emotion, but the P on 'happening' does not quite match the lips. Mouse over H, Mouse over T and mouse over P, now move the P without shifting the H or the T. Job done!

I didn't select the track, I didn't have to open any menu options. The stretch marker is right there on the letter Q - because that's where I put it! My finger 'hovers' over the letter Q and every time I hit the letter Q, a stretch mark is placed wherever the mouse pointer happens to be.

And any and every stretch mark can be moved by clicking onto it. No need to select anything. No need to activate anything.

With the play bar placed in front of the bit to be moved/edited, I can audition the move without having to change anything. Moving the stretch marks is totally independent of the play bar, so it's 5 seconds to move a note or a word or sound - and another five seconds to hear the result.

In fact, I do not audition each edit any more, but do a whole section of music or whatever the gig is, with maybe twenty or thirty edits, using those stretch marks - and then listen to the results when that whole bit is ready just a minute or two later. If I have my head down and my eye in, what used to take a day in ProTools or half a day in SoundScape, now takes less than an hour in Reaper.

There is nothing 'Fan Boy-ish' about this, it has to do with time and speed. In Reaper, the editor can place any command on any letter, thus doing away with the need for pulling down tiresome menus and selecting one or the other option.

Everybody's editing workflow is different and therefore, everybody will need DIFFERNT short-cuts and single letter commands. One person may need volume envelopes or pan envelopes over and over again. The letters V and P suggest themselves, but maybe they want something over to the left, so that the right hand is free to move a mouse or other device.

In order to work fast, they need to be able to place complex commands onto a single letter and Reaper allows them to do this.

Last edited by The Byre; 02-02-2015 at 02:44 AM.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:56 AM   #169
airon

Shan told me something similar just a few days ago. He's not too happy with Protools all that much from what I can tell. TheByre's workflow description just spells out what I've been doing for my workflows.

I am simply a lot slower in Protools these days. While it has the advantage on its selection method and penciling in to the waveform, that doesn't save the amount of time that I save in Reaper. It's ok for simple editing work, and VocalignPro is a neat thing to have, but that's one of the few legs it can stand on.

Reaper is on my side more than any other DAW for my work.

Btw, I use Q and W for mouse-over-snapping items to the edit cursor, start and end. I've got shortcuts on the block above the cursor keys for automation mode switches. Protools, the dumbest piece of shit out there on that particular subject, doesn't even let you change those with key commands.

Easy choice.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 03:48 AM   #170
musicbynumbers

I think someone like the SWS team could probably now write a system that overplayed over the video track with what you mentioned airon as even putting a video processor plugin (with the text preset) on an empty midi item works for overlaying so hopefully it's possible and could even be tied into other things like the precount etc.

These things would be awesome!
Old 02-02-2015, 04:40 AM   #171
The Byre

@ Airon - (I've edited your list down, so that I can refer to it quickly) but what you have listed is pretty much an entire ADR/post package and not everybody will want to work that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
You'd need a take list for starters.

Character, Actor, Line, TC in, TC out, notes, audio interface input at the very least.

You could do that via a new component of an SWS extension, or perhaps a new one just for this.

Stuff the extension would have to do :
  • A control interface to record an active take or takes
  • Load a CSV file with the data
  • Create single entries for the currently active ADR list one entry at a time from a time selection.
  • Create new entries in an ADR list and the track names they're on. If there's an empty item, its item notes are used.
  • Create and manage the tracks for recording.
  • Manage the audio interface input selection
  • Video streamer 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... TALK
  • A solid, horizontal bar at the bottom that shrinks on both sides towards the middle.
  • A countdown in the middle of the horizontal, shrinking bar, optional.
  • A display of the line where the bar was, also optional.

The video streamer is the biggest problem.
Quite honestly, I feel that a simple text box, possibly linked to a numbered video-marker would cover most of the above! It certainly could cover all that is written into the script and schedule, as well as the on-screen dialogue.

Creating, setting size and managing tracks and audio sources is something Reaper does anyway. As for the video streamer, a simple animated GIF would be perfectly adequate for countdown numbers, bars moving left, right, top, bottom or whatever is required.

I feel that having a few decent Fx will prove to be more important than anything else. High on my list is morphed so-mo and film-look, but others will want other things.

And that brings up the whole issue of compatibility with third-party plugins . . .
Old 03-30-2015, 01:12 PM   #172
EpicSounds

Really hoping we get more functions in the video processor it is a bit of a pain to use. Mostly because you need automation to do anything.

Would love to do drag & drop transitions. Some subtle sharpening and a white balance corrector would be great too.

For titling I've saved a track template with an empty MIDI item, the video processor on the item and some automation. I can simply duplicate the item and edit the text.

Can transition times be added to the FX processor or does it need to be automated?
Old 03-30-2015, 01:31 PM   #173
heda

indeed... I still hope to see more improvements in video.
- To be able to switch between waveform display and video thumbnails in the video item.
- The media explorer where you can select and trim part of a video before dragging into the timeline, could display the in and out points preview while you select the trim part. Acting as a trimmer window you can find in any video editor.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:06 PM   #174
EpicSounds

I think it already works like that. If I make a selection in the waveform display then press Return it adds it to the project on a new track.

Action to insert on same track seems broken.

I've noticed that previewing a video in Media Explorer it will display in the video window.

I also realized last night that stretch markers work on video too!
Old 03-30-2015, 02:22 PM   #175
plush2

I was able to use the new video features to great effect while conforming a seamless version of a show I was working on. It's so much easier to be able to view the source and target videos side by side instead of switching back and forth. I'm sure with a little work this sort of thing could be used to make all kinds of audio post jobs easier. Imagine if Reaper could analyze and mark spots where differences occur between two video clips.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reaper_conforming_magic.jpg (42.8 KB, 961 views)

Last edited by plush2; 03-30-2015 at 02:34 PM.
plush2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:26 PM   #176
EpicSounds

Really need something for multicam and off-camera audio workflow.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:20 PM   #177
Lawrence

Quote:
...sets R apart from other DAWs is the speed with which you can use stretch marks.

I hover over the track where I want to move a single note and pin the last correct note with a marker by hitting the letter Q (which is where I have placed my short-cut to the command 'Stretch Mark on Mouse Pointer') and then place one where I want the move to stop. Then one on the offending note and move it. It literally takes less than 5 seconds to move a note.
And once again (sorry for the late reply), this really more exposes your lack of knowledge about "other DAWs", a phrase you use maybe way too often, when you suggests the above is faster than other daws.

It's not. It's better than some, but not all. It seems that every other comment you make about Reaper is a competition of some kind with "other DAW's". Who you trying to convince, us or you?

R's Stretch Markers are - way - better than Cubase's Audio Warp, but that's not saying much.

Last edited by Lawrence; 03-30-2015 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:49 PM   #178
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
I think it already works like that. If I make a selection in the waveform display then press Return it adds it to the project on a new track.
yes I mean only when dragging the in and out points in the media explorer, it should preview the frame. I have just tested it again and I have seen that now at least it plays the trimmed selection after you drag a selection. Good.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:40 PM   #179
musicbynumbers

Also very handy technique for adverts where you get last minute edits on your doorstep. with this, you could at least play them at the same time and be able to see scene changes quicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by plush2 View Post
I was able to use the new video features to great effect while conforming a seamless version of a show I was working on. It's so much easier to be able to view the source and target videos side by side instead of switching back and forth. I'm sure with a little work this sort of thing could be used to make all kinds of audio post jobs easier. Imagine if Reaper could analyze and mark spots where differences occur between two video clips.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:10 PM   #180
heda

Quote:
Imagine if Reaper could analyze and mark spots where differences occur between two video clips.
Could it be done by applying a difference filter? It would be like the audio null test. if both videos are the same, it would output black. if there is a difference then it would be shown where.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:53 PM   #181
nofish

Quote:

Would love to do drag & drop transitions.
You mean 'crossfading' from one video to another ?
That's actually possible.

http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...7&postcount=32

(I'm not that much of a video guy so sorry if I misunderstood)
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:05 PM   #182
plush2

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
Also very handy technique for adverts where you get last minute edits on your doorstep. with this, you could at least play them at the same time and be able to see scene changes quicker
I get the feeling we approach audio post similarly. I just finished a job like that. 2 ads turned into 4 with just enough variation that I needed to do a new mix for all 4. If I was fast enough identifying the common areas I probably could have avoided duplication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
Could it be done by applying a difference filter? It would be like the audio null test. if both videos are the same, it would output black. if there is a difference then it would be shown where.
That sounds like a very workable idea. That and an action to "go to first nonblack frame". Kind of like tabbing to transients with video.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:29 PM   #183
plush2

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post

The video streamer is the biggest problem. Video items that generate video without a file source is the stuff Cockos would need to add.
What if the video streamer and count where additions to the metronome item type? I can imagine that would be an easy sell for the musician users of the program since a visual indication of countdown and metronome is immensely useful there as well.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:00 AM   #184
EpicSounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
You mean 'crossfading' from one video to another ?
That's actually possible.

http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...7&postcount=32

(I'm not that much of a video guy so sorry if I misunderstood)
If you link your audio and video and edit following the best parts of the audio then you'll likely have lots of crossfades. Fades aren't needed on videos unless you want to show time passing, scene changes etc. If every edit had a fade it would likely look very bad.

That said, I haven't tried putting that video effect on the track and keeping it active. Perhaps fades on video items of less than a frame wouldn't even be seen. My fades are usually 5ms.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:45 PM   #185
EpicSounds

Here's my window layout for editing video, inspired by my layout in Premiere.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:06 PM   #186
musicbynumbers

Quote:
I probably could have avoided duplication.
I've been using "PIPs" for just that occasion!

I mention this somewhere else but PIPs are allowing me to create each scene in separate sub projects within the master project (even including guide videos of the scene in the sub project.)

I can then have these sub projects in my timeline on the main project and simply copy them to the multiple edits of the advert and treat them differently as item FX etc but, at any point, I can go into the sub project, edit it and upon coming back out to my master project, all the referenced items are updated too.

Very very fast way of working

I tend to do this for sound effects mostly and leave VO and music in the main project but works great for scene based effect all neatly packaged up.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:10 PM   #187
EpicSounds

Quote:
I've been using "PIPs" for just that occasion!

Very very fast way of working
Project In Project is a Windows Only & Experimental feature still right?

Is it a bit like using 'smart objects' in Photoshop?
Old 03-31-2015, 10:36 PM   #188
gwok

Wow, these new features are great!

I can't believe I just pulled this off so easily, and the clients love it!!

https://youtu.be/SOycx9lFuwg
gwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:03 PM   #189
EpicSounds

Lol. Just needs some Ken Burns effect by automating the zoom and pan.

Actually, that's something I need to test because I do it all the time for my tutorials.

I also need to figure out how long exports will take without hardware acceleration (or do we have that too?).
Old 04-08-2015, 10:09 AM   #190
EpicSounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriffin View Post
I made a few video plugins for testing/learning purposes. I thought I'd share them here for others' reference.
Missed these before. Thanks for doing this.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:12 AM   #191
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Project In Project is a Windows Only & Experimental feature still right?

Is it a bit like using 'smart objects' in Photoshop?
I'm not sure about the mac compatibility. It's easy to give it a go though. Just one line in the .ini file for reaper (search for early PIP threads and it explains how to try it)

And yes they are like smart objects in a way.

It's basically just a fully normal reaper project that is rendered into the main project as if it was a typical wav but at any point you can double click it to edit it.

So many uses for them. They just need a few more bits adding to be ready for release.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:15 AM   #192
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwok View Post
Wow, these new features are great!

I can't believe I just pulled this off so easily, and the clients love it!!

https://youtu.be/SOycx9lFuwg
wow that ad is making me want to eat cheese and crackers! good job

Is this your "1st" advert?
Old 04-10-2015, 12:06 AM   #193
gwok

Quote:
wow that ad is making me want to eat cheese and crackers! good job

Is this your "1st" advert?
Yes, I've been trying to break into the lactose oriented product industry for a while now!
gwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 06:19 PM   #194
EpicSounds

Adam's crop and resize preset worked awesome for me today.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:53 AM   #195
The Byre

Quote:
And once again (sorry for the late reply), this really more exposes your lack of knowledge about "other DAWs", a phrase you use maybe way too often, when you suggests the above is faster than other daws.

It's not. It's better than some, but not all. It seems that every other comment you make about Reaper is a competition of some kind with "other DAW's". Who you trying to convince, us or you?

R's Stretch Markers are - way - better than Cubase's Audio Warp, but that's not saying much.
Reaper is (as far as I know) the only DAW that allows you to place a stretch mark with one button without selecting the item and even move that stretch mark without the item being selected.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:40 AM   #196
EpicSounds

any way to reverse video?

I really wanted to overlay some images over video this week. Would really like at least support for transparent images.

In my latest tutorial I wanted to indicate when plugins were bypassed. As a workaround I exported short video clips with the label and fades and use the opacity preset of the video processor at 50%. I used item rate to adjust the timing of the labels to match the video. It's pretty effective but not really what I wanted.

You can see it here

Old 04-15-2015, 12:16 PM   #197
Lawrence

Quote:
Reaper is (as far as I know) the only DAW that allows you to place a stretch mark with one button without selecting the item and even move that stretch mark without the item being selected.
That's my point, if you don't actually know you shouldn't make statements suggesting you do. In this case you clearly don't know. When you say..

Quote:
...sets R apart from other DAWs is the speed with which you can use stretch marks.
... you clearly have no idea what you're talking about... and respectfully (not being combative here) it comes off like really stupid and uninformed fanboy cheerleading.

But anyway, no., Reaper is not the only daw that does that, some were doing that before Reaper even had stretch markers. If you really were trying to inform and not just cheer you'd know that.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:16 AM   #198
The Byre

Quote:
... you clearly have no idea what you're talking about... and respectfully (not being combative here) it comes off like really stupid and uninformed fanboy cheerleading.
So instead of being downright rude, could you please enlighten me and tell me which other DAW can do this. I have PT, Soundscape, Nuendo, Audition here and I have tried Logic and none of those can stretch with one button and without having to activate an item.

Instead of indulging yourself in gratuitous rudeness, perhaps you could be constructive and tell me which other DAWs will give me this must-have (for us!) feature, combined with video editing. I am asking you, not to put you on the spot, but because we are setting up a film production company and such a feature combination is ideal for ADR.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:20 AM   #199
Lawrence

So it's rude for me to say that you're regularly spouting things as fact about which you clearly aren't informed? But if somebody does that - against - Reaper it's ok for - you - to call them on it... right?

You think I have some kind of personal issue with you, I don't. It's just annoying enough to see so much not factual fanboy cheerleading from kids (which is expected) and to also see it from professionals like you is disturbing to me, sorry.

If you don't actually know - in a factual way - that "Reaper does X better than other daws...", then stop saying it every ten minutes. It doesn't help Reaper or anyone else. If you aren't actually familiar with audio warping or similar in most other daws maybe you shouldn't be talking about it and claiming that Reaper does it better than every other daw?

And no, I'm not going to fill you in because you already talked like you knew about all that, so next time do your research.

Quote:
I have PT, Soundscape, Nuendo, Audition and none of them...
Yeah, and there's only like 20 more daws out there? Gosh.

Sorry if me calling you on your fanboy bullshit annoys you. Facts always are exactly what they are, and if you think Reaper is the only daw that can do the things you said, you clearly haven't done enough research to even be talking about it... let alone be making factual declarations.

And again, I have no personal issue with you. You just seem to regularly make shit up out of thin air to promote Reaper, which is somewhat annoying and counterproductive to a good discussion, and not useful to anyone imo.

Can I, in some other daws, "drop stretch markers without even selecting the clip"? Yes. I was doing it long before Reaper even had stretch markers. Is Reaper faster at all that stuff that those things do than all other daws? No, it's not.

I expect that kind of regular overblown fanboy "stretching of the truth to make what I love look better" from kids, where everything they like always does everything better than everything else in every way, not from what I assume are mature professional audio engineers.

Reaper does tons of things better than it's competitors, it's really not necessary for you to so often just make shit up out of thin air to help it. It stands fine on it's own merits.

Last edited by Lawrence; 04-17-2015 at 08:14 AM.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:21 AM   #200
Lawrence

For anyone reading all of this nonsense, let me be very clear. When I talk about stuff like that you'll often see me use very concise words to express the possible exceptions to my personal knowledge. You may see me write something like...

"Reaper's snapshots are arguably the best out there. If it gets any better than that, I haven't seen it yet."

Which means that I could make a good and factual argument for that because I can't imagine what would make it so much better to even matter. It doesn't mean that it's the best snapshot system ever created in any daw ever. I don't know that because I haven't used every daw ever created.

It's really the immature fanboys where almost everything is almost always "(What I love) does this better than every other daw!!!!".. or ... "No other daw can do this!!!!!"

Last edited by Lawrence; 04-17-2015 at 08:31 AM.