Old 12-12-2013, 07:28 AM   #401
vinx
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
Discmakers wants a DDP 2.0 file, is this what REAPER puts out?
Yes !
vinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #402
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Thanks!

On the tutorial I watched, you add a marker with @ at the end of the file and are supposed to enter the EAN or UPC code as one of the parameters. Discmakers is saying they cant give the UPC code until the discs are pressed. Am I doing this wrong?
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #403
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Ahh theyll do UPC but not EAN

Can I replace EAN with UPC after the @ ?
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #404
WyattRice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
Ahh theyll do UPC but not EAN

Can I replace EAN with UPC after the @ ?
Hi Pipe, I think so. Sorry for the late reply. Did you get this working ok?
Old 12-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #405
grinder

I provided my own ecan code
I just use the one code for all my CD's that I put out from now on

Grinder

http://www.cdbaby.com/Search/Zm9vdHN...RoZSBzdW4%3d/0
grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:10 AM   #406
pentd

hola

just wanted to report that so far 2x ddp's exported & delivered to pressing plants without problems.

humble thanks to the rocket scientists who made this possible!! mega xlent!!

bestest,
pd
pentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:47 PM   #407
wuffel

Is that a bug in DDP Export plugin that it does not write track composer values when it is not specified in album marker?
#TITLE=My song|COMPOSER=a guy #TITLE=Your song|COMPOSER=another guy @TITLE=album
does not write the composer tag for tracks in ddp files

#TITLE=My song|COMPOSER=a guy #TITLE=Your song|COMPOSER=another guy @TITLE=album|COMPOSER=VA
now it does write track and album composer

Could it be fixed or at least clearly stated so in ddp help?
wuffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:27 PM   #408
viper-2

I keep getting an error

Error: invalid ISRC '[I added my codes here] in subcode descriptor, track 1, index 1.

It's doing it for all my tracks ISRC's just like that. I cut and pasted the codes, then went back and added them by typing them in. Not sure what the problem could be. Anyone?
viper-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:52 AM   #409
wuffel

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper-2 View Post
It's doing it for all my tracks ISRC's just like that. I cut and pasted the codes, then went back and added them by typing them in. Not sure what the problem could be. Anyone?
ISRC codes must not contain any spaces, punctuation marks or hyphens. Wikipedia tells that ISRC should be in the form "CC-XXX-YY-NNNNN", but Reaper accepts it only as "CCXXXYYNNNNN".
wuffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:16 AM   #410
viper-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuffel View Post
ISRC codes must not contain any spaces, punctuation marks or hyphens. Wikipedia tells that ISRC should be in the form "CC-XXX-YY-NNNNN", but Reaper accepts it only as "CCXXXYYNNNNN".
This wasn't the problem but thank you.

For anyone else having this issue, a piece of information you will not find anywhere is also that you HAVE to have all the letters in the isrc CAPITAL.

The ISRC page and CD Baby give them to you in small letters. You have to make them all caps in Reaper.
viper-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:08 PM   #411
JHughes
Banned

Good info, thanks!

Reaper should be a bit more flexible.
JHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:05 AM   #412
anrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper-2 View Post
For anyone else having this issue, a piece of information you will not find anywhere is also that you HAVE to have all the letters in the isrc CAPITAL.

The ISRC page and CD Baby give them to you in small letters. You have to make them all caps in Reaper.
I think CD Baby is doing something very unusual here. I've been doing PQ mastering professionally for quite a while and have never seen an ISRC written out in capital letters, not even in a casual e-mail from a cutsomer. All mastering software I've seen printed the code in capital letters on the PQ listing and into the DDP image.

But that's just my experience, so here comes a quick summary of the more authoritative sources:

1. The DDP specification: it only mentiones that the ISRC is a 12 character alphanumeric field and should contain an ISRC.

2. The official ISRC Handbook(http://www.ifpi.org/content/library/isrc_handbook.pdf:): it does not speak about lower or upper case, but just states that the 26 characters of the Roman alphabet are used. All examples are written in capital letters though.

3. The MMC (Multi Media Commands) specification, this is a set of commands which software can send (over a real or simulated SCSI interface) to a CD drive, which is the best (relatively) free source of the CD data structure: here the exact encoding for writing an ISRC to the Q subcode is given. Each character is encoded using 6bits, the translation table only mentions capital letters, only.

OK, so as far as my "ddpinfo" tool is concerned, which spit out the error, you were experiencing, it comes down to the question: whould the plant have accepted a DDP with small letter ISRCs? I don't know for sure, but I've never seen one so far, so I'm inclined to leave the error message as is.

Also I support the idea of Reaper capitalizing the ISRC when cretaing DDPs or cue sheets.
anrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:53 PM   #413
Nils H.

Hi there,

I posted this in a new thread but was asked to re-post here.

I'm trying to render a ddp image with reaper, but it doesn't work as expected. I've read the ddp help and followed the tutorial found on youtube, but some of the tags don't end up in the CDTEXT.BIN file, or at least they aren't displayed when checking with ddptools.

As it's a CD with cover tunes I wanted to encode the songwriter, but only the tags title, performer and ISRC end up being displayed by ddptools' ddpinfo.

With the help of another post here (which I'm unable to find right now) I kind of solved the problem. The SONGWRITER tag of the #-markers get written as soon as I add the SONGWRITER tag to the @-marker as well. So, I put SONGWRITER=various in the @-marker, and now the individual ones show up in the CD text.

Hope this helps, maybe there's a better solution for this possible.
Nils H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:20 PM   #414
anrug

Since some people here use ddptools together with Reaper's DDP export, I'd like to let you know, that I've released the new stable version 0.8.8 of the ddptools package. You'll find detailed information at http://ddp.andreasruge.de/news.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:20 AM   #415
urednik

Thanks to all three developers here for their effort to save the world from the stupidiest system that was invented in this world

But after hours of studying the matter I still do not get a simple thing:

1. what except for reaper and ddp do I need to do to burn a playable cd that will have a visible cd text?

I have done the procedure as explained in the Youtube video successfully and have all the cue, bin and other stuff. I also know that all the files in my album directory are ready to be zipped and sent via ftp for CD production. But I only want to do a CD for my own, without having to install several software tools in order to be able to do that.

and here are two sub-question:
2. is a master CD playable or only for reproduction purposes?
3. is a master CD also ddp stuff burnt onto a cd?
W10 (64) Lenovo E540 - SSD; Lenovo B590; W7 (32), Compaq 610 (2.1Ghz core 2 duo, L2 cache, 2GB RAM); DPA 4018, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MTSC 64, Neumann mk184, AEA Ribbon 88mk, AKG SolidTUBE; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, recording merely live acoustic music.
urednik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:45 PM   #416
anrug

Disclaimer: I'm not a Reaper user. But as far as I can see, the questions are not Reapre-related anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urednik View Post
1. what except for reaper and ddp do I need to do to burn a playable cd that will have a visible cd text?
I'm not entirely sure what you men by "ddp" in this context. But burning an audio CD from a cue/wave image (.cue + .wav [+.cdt]) I usually do with ImgBurn. It supports CD text and all other professional features like UPC and ISRC.

Now for CD-Text, that is sometimes hard to check. I recommend putting it in a car stereo and see if you get the track title displayed - this also educates you to choose short titles and stay away from certain special characters. Most software CD players don't read CD text, but rather display meta-data from online databases.

Quote:
2. is a master CD playable or only for reproduction purposes?
3. is a master CD also ddp stuff burnt onto a cd?
There is no such thing as a "master CD". Maybe one could argue that when you have your plant replicate from a self-burned audio CD, that original disc can be considered a "master CD", but I think that's not what you mean.

A "DDP image" is a collection of files used to describe exactly how an audio CD should look like, besides that audio this includes meta-data like track positions, ISRC, UPC, and optionally CD-Text. DDP is used in many plants as internal format for their archival and driving the laser beam recorder.

The DDP image can be used to produce an audio CD, but none of the files actually end up on the CD, after all we're talking about audio CDs which can't store computer files anyway.

Did that help you?
Old 09-12-2014, 02:07 AM   #417
urednik

Aha, vielen dank Andreas.

With ddp I meant the DDPTOOLS, as instructed in the youtube video.

Ok, so in order to burn a cd with text it is not enough to have files that were created with ddptools after all that CMD stuff is done?
For example to simply burn a cd via reaper and add in the cue autogenerated file parameters made by ddptools and add a cdt file in the same cue directory?

Ok Imgburn. But as much as I read is the quality of the cd burnt in this way surely not comprimised? Until now I used Reaper for burning discs. It worked best, but without cdtext unfortunately ...

And last - if the plant wants things on a cd, then I just burn those 7 ddp created files on a data CD and give them a hard copy - is this (usually) the best option if they need it on a cd?

BTW - was dein Nachname betrifft ist das vielleicht interessant zu lesen: http://www.veneti.info/prispevki/mul...dische-sprache
W10 (64) Lenovo E540 - SSD; Lenovo B590; W7 (32), Compaq 610 (2.1Ghz core 2 duo, L2 cache, 2GB RAM); DPA 4018, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MTSC 64, Neumann mk184, AEA Ribbon 88mk, AKG SolidTUBE; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, recording merely live acoustic music.

Last edited by urednik; 09-12-2014 at 02:14 AM.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:03 AM   #418
urednik

Anyone?
Old 09-13-2014, 01:30 PM   #419
whiteaxxxe
Banned

Quote:

BTW - was dein Nachname betrifft ist das vielleicht interessant zu lesen: http://www.veneti.info/prispevki/mul...dische-sprache
sorry, offtopic, aber was ist das denn fürn blödsinn??? eine sprache stirbt nicht zu einem ganz bestimmten zeitpunkt aus. ausserdem ist das kein grund dermassen viele grammatik-fehler (in deutsch) auf der webseite unterzubringen. so gesehen hat das wahrscheinlich gut gründe, warum es diese sprache angeblich nicht mehr gibt. darüberhinaus ist es nicht besonders schlau, wenn jeder kleinste landkreis seine eigene sprache hat. kommunikationsprobleme, du verstehst? ich finde nicht, das man ausgestorbenen sprachen nachtrauern sollte. sie sterben nicht gundlos aus.

zurück zum thema:

nein, nein, nein. abn audio-CD is a very special format and has nothing to do with a data-CD. and a DDP has nothing to do with audio-CD or data-CD. a DDP is so to say an image of an audio-CD, it describes the form and content of an audio-CD because for complicated reasons I will niot discuss here there is no possibility to make an image from an audio-CD. (except for NERO, where they made a tricky workwaround).

so to sent onlöine an audio-CD-image to a plant there was DDP invented. you can burn that DDP as a data-file (some data-files in fact) to a DVD (because they wont fit probably on a CD) and send that to a plant, but that doesnt make any sense. so if you dont need to send online an audio-CD to a plant, then you dont need DDPs.

if you burn an audio-CD you can check the correctness of the burnt CD with any program you have burnt the CD with.
whiteaxxxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:00 PM   #420
urednik

Danke dir White

hier werde ich keine offtopic Debatte führen. Und ich verstehe deine Reaktion sowieso nicht. Also falls du was auf meine forum Posts zu replizieren haßt, kannst mir ruhig per pm schreiben. Und über Geschichte habe ich schon soviel falsches gelesen, meistens von deutsche Gelehrten - so bitte vorsichtig mit der Umgangsprache.

Ok, now I think I got it - please someone correct me if I am wrong. For copyright or some other reason, an audio CD is a very complicated data form. It's so complicated that nobody can make a DDP>CD freeware program for it would take to much time.
It is that bad, that even whatever your burn program would be you always have to check for possible errors after the burning is done.

But for some reasons software for turning DDP files into an audio CD exists as an industry standard and is supposedly very expensive/or resource hungry.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:16 PM   #421
anrug

Hi urednik,

your answer to white has confused me a little about, how much you already know about CD audio mastering, so in answering your questions I'll try to include some background infomration. Just ignore them, if that's not something new.

Quote:
Ok, so in order to burn a cd with text it is not enough to have files that were created with ddptools after all that CMD stuff is done?
For example to simply burn a cd via reaper and add in the cue autogenerated file parameters made by ddptools and add a cdt file in the same cue directory?
I have to admit, I'm not entirely sure, what you're asking here. But as far as I know (correct me if I'm not up to date), Reaper can't burn audio CDs with CD Text. The reason is: it's simply not implemented by Reaper. Probably because CD Text is still not widely used (I'm doing professional CD audio masters since 14 years, and that's my impression).

Now if you want a CD with CD Text out of Reaper you've got two options I'd say: first, use the render dialog to create a cue/bin image. This is a description of what has to go on the audio CD, just like other image formats, e.g. a DDP image, a Nero image (.nra), a Pyramix image (.pmi), a Global Image (.gi), etc. The cue/bin image format has the advantage, that the cuesheet is a simple text file, whith a simple syntax that you can edit in a simple text editor. So you can simply add track titles and other CD text fields as you like. Technically, you can't add any of the available fields, but most like you're only interested in title and performer anyway. So, once you've got you're modified cue sheet, you can burn the cue&bin image with many (not all though) burn programs, like ImgBurn, or if you're comfortable with the command line: cdrecord. The latter is also optionally used by Reaper, and Wyatt Rice has made a nice GUI of it. The quality of the burn from ImgBurn is mot certainly comparable with the one from Reaper. OK, now you have your CD with CD Text included, check in your car stereo to see how things look in the avarage use case. If you need a DDP as well, and you are familiar with the command line you can use "cue2ddp", which is part of my ddptools, to create a DDP from the cue/bin image. If you like a graphically interface, there are many offerings, some of them very reasonably priced, like Sonoris DDP Creator, or the HOFA-DDP plug-in. They would by the way also help you enter CD text into the cue sheet.

The second option would be to use Reaper's DDP export which does include CD text through as special syntax in the marker's text. Then you can convert the DDP into a cue/wav using the "ddpinfo" program from my ddptools. Finally you can burn the cue/wva image like mentioned above with e.g. ImgBurn. To aid you with this workflow, Wyatt Rice has created a nice graphical tool, which will you shield from the command line work.

Yes, in both cases you'd need an external burning program. Or is there a way of making Repaer burn a modified cue/bin, after it has been renedered an edited?

Quote:
Ok Imgburn. But as much as I read is the quality of the cd burnt in this way surely not comprimised? Until now I used Reaper for burning discs. It worked best, but without cdtext unfortunately ...
Surely not compromised, yes. Reaper calls the same system functions under the head as ImgBurn, on Windows that is, and as an option Reaper even uses the well known "cdrecord" engine which is freely available, and which you can use to burn CD images directly.

Quote:
And last - if the plant wants things on a cd, then I just burn those 7 ddp created files on a data CD and give them a hard copy - is this (usually) the best option if they need it on a cd?
Actually, if the plant wants a CD, they certainly mean an audio CD. And in that case you should not mess with DDP anway, I'd say. DDP has it's place, it is traditionally used by professional mastering engineers, because it clearly indicates to the plant, that someone really knows what he's doing and whant's the CD made exactly as described in the DDP. No plausibility checks needed, not cleanup to suggested. Whith CDs sent in a plant wll usually do some more sanity checks, I'd expect and maybe give you a call if some pre-gaps or track flags are messed up. The other reason people use DDP, and that has coming up in recent years is: online transfer. Of course any other CD audio image format would do, and some plants accept Nero and even cue/wav, but easiest for the is the format they usually use internally: DDP.

In your case go with a normal audio CD, all will be fine.

Quote:
Ok, now I think I got it - please someone correct me if I am wrong. For copyright or some other reason, an audio CD is a very complicated data form. It's so complicated that nobody can make a DDP>CD freeware program for it would take to much time.
It is that bad, that even whatever your burn program would be you always have to check for possible errors after the burning is done.
Actaully, the standard is indeed fairly compilcated indeed. Copyright is not an issue, but the official Red Book Standard (from Phillips) is still way over thoughs Euro. You get the specs also in the form of an ISO norm, which is only a couple of hundred Euros I believe. Writing a CD burning engine does in fact requires you to understand many, but not all, of the information from those standard. But it also requires you to understand alot of more information, which is usually gained from reverse engineering and experimenting withe burning hardware available. Nevertheless, many developers have gone this route to provide burning softwar for free, or even open source! Examples are cdrecord, cdrdao, ImgBurn, CDBurnerXP, etc.

Quote:
But for some reasons software for turning DDP files into an audio CD exists as an industry standard and is supposedly very expensive/or resource hungry.
First of all, until a few years ago DDP was included as export in most professional DAWs (Sonic Solution, SADiE, Sequoia, Pyramix, ProTools), but only two standalone programs for playing and burning from DDPs were available: Gear PRO and one from DCA, the company whichh invented DDP, both of which were around 500 Euro, not expensive I'd say, but certainly meant for professionals. But in recent years we've seen many more offerings in the lower price segment, like Sonoris DDP creator, Audio File Engineering's Triumph, the HOFA-DDP-plugin and others. Those are all very comparatively priced tools.

Just as a side note: not of those programs is especially resource hungry, they just need enough space for a buffer file and eanough harddisk reading speed to get the data fast enough, when the disc has starded rotating and the laser is recording.

Last but not leaset: the difference between a normal CD burning program, like Nero, ImgBurn, etc. and the tools mentioned above is the data format the accept as input. I.e. ImgBurn and Nero do not read DDP, the reason is not, that DDP is especially complicated, or expensive to license, in fact the license is free, but simply that the creators of that software are not interested in DDP. An that is totally understandable, as that format is used only by very few people worldwide. Conversly, for me as a developer interested in DDP I'm very little interested in repeating all the work done by the people writing burning software, so I decided to write a converter from DDP to cue/wav and the other way around, which many burning programs understand.

Sorry for the long answer. Hope it helps and there are not to many errors in it.

@whiteaxxxe: I'd be curious to hear about the problems you mentioned wit CD audio images and the Nero workaround. I did start reverse engineering .nra, a couple of years ago, but never realy finished because of lack of interest.

Last edited by anrug; 09-14-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:31 PM   #422
whiteaxxxe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrug View Post

@whiteaxxxe: I'd be curious to hear about the problems you mentioned wit CD audio images and the Nero workaround. I did start reverse engineering .nra, a couple of years ago, but never realy finished because of lack of interest.
no no no. I am no expert in audio-CDs. what I know is that an audio-CD is completely different from a data-CD. and I know some more things, that aill lead to complete confusion here, as if it werent confused enough. :-((

you cant make an image fronm an audio-CD, because of that format, so there is no .iso of an audio-CD. NERO managed to make something that is called .nrg, but that is NO ISO IMAGE!!!! that is something else.

a DDP is a format, that describes an audio-CD with all its data and wav-streams in it.

@ urednik: bist du einer von denen, die der verschwörungstheorie anheimgefallen sind, dass deutsche geschichte gefälscht worden ist??? armer tropf ... die lügen werden normalerweise von nazis verbreitet ... halte dich fern von denen. das sind arschlöcher und ganz dumme menschen ...

egal, nun zu audio-CDs: an audio-CD isnt complicated, what you can see in the overwhelming variety of audio-CD burning programs. its no rocket science. the reason for DDP is simply that you cant make an .iso for an audio-CD and therefor it must be invented a format to send an audio-CD (the data and the dascription of it) via internet to a plant. simply that. so DDP has nothing to do with your audio-CD burning. and every program can check a burnt audio-CD for errors automatically. so no worry. burn your CDs and you are good to go.
whiteaxxxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 02:36 PM   #423
urednik

Andreas,
you did a great job. You just left me without questions here

Yes, I am not from this business and surely not gifted as a software guru
Actually your answer is that the main problem are different standards and that I should stick to the one that works for me, since none of them is bad.

What editing the cuesheet and burning in Reaper is concerned - I will try it and let you know here.

Here in Slovenia all new pro produced CD's do have CD text. Some even with special characters if I remember correctly. And there are our characters, which are present in the UTF-8 only - so this is why I have to check everything before I give it away.

I just started recording/playing/producing CD's at our music school last year and I have 7 of them already - there is no way I would be ok if they were only half done

@white PM - so ist es angebrachter ...
Old 09-14-2014, 03:34 PM   #424
WyattRice

Don't mean to interrupt the conversation here, but I thought I would quickly mention that I'll have a new GUI Frontend for ddptools, and cdrecord coming sometime soon. Both Mac and Windows versions, and no need for dot net framework anymore (yea!)

Thanks, Wyatt
Old 09-14-2014, 03:50 PM   #425
anrug

Quote:
you did a great job. You just left me without questions here
Thank you.

Quote:
Actually your answer is that the main problem are different standards and that I should stick to the one that works for me, since none of them is bad.
Basically yes. In many fields there coexist different standards happily next to each other, I'd say. Plants replicate from a burned CD or from DDP, both shoudl work. And a good plant will reject the CD if it can't be read error free, i.e. if the copy isn't guaranted to be 1:1. With a DDP it's always 1:1. So in the end DDP is safer, and that's another reason it's used. But really, I woudn't worry too much, even if the the plant is stupid and reads from a CD after it's internal error correction, so that they might miss a few samples from your CD and use an averaged value instead, I'd doubt I'd catch that in an AB listening test of both version.

Quote:
AHere in Slovenia all new pro produced CD's do have CD text. Some even with special characters if I remember correctly. And there are our characters, which are present in the UTF-8 only - so this is why I have to check everything before I give it away.
Actually, there is one thing you have to be careful, when you edit your cuesheet, and that is: characters outside the standard american chaarcters (ASCII). And this is why: when the cue sheet format was sepcified by a company Golden Hawk Technology from the US, they didn't sepcify, which character encoding should be used. But from their software running on Windows, you'd expect Windows1252, which is basically, what we know as Latin1 or ISO-8559-1. This happens to be exactly the encoding used by CD text (if you're not in Japan that is). So all was fine. But if you run a Windows version in Sloveia, I'd expect it to use Windows120 by default (or some of the Unicode encodings like UTF-16 or UTF-8). In that case it really depends on the burning software, whether they write the characters you expect onto the CD. You should definitely check that, best is your car stereo or a stand-alone CD player that reads CD Text. If for some reason you want to be absolutely sure, rip the CD with ImgBurn and send me the .cdt file. If you stay with ASCII life will be much simpler, that's for sure.

Another side note: The characters Š and Ž can never go on CD text, they are part of Latin2 and Unicode, but CD text uses only Latin1.

Quote:
I just started recording/playing/producing CD's at our music school last year and I have 7 of them already - there is no way I would be ok if they were only half done
I totally understand that. It's always a sensitive situation, you're the last one to listen to the content before it get's replicated maybe a thoused times and goes into stores or somewhere else. The musicians will trust you. Yes, you can make them listen to a refence CD, but in the end, if there's a click or glitch on the CD they'll still expecting you to catch it. - So I'd say you're doing exactly the right thing: learning as much as you can about it and finding a workflow you can trust.

Last edited by anrug; 09-14-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:29 PM   #426
Nick Morris

Downloaded the DDP to Cue Writer application and it does not write for me. I can verify my DDP's, check out the PQ sheet, but I cannot write to disc the DDP or Cue/wav.

I had downloaded this a couple years ago and used it quite a few times before. Is this a new version with some bugs possibly?
Old 09-30-2014, 12:59 AM   #427
urednik

DDP is not supposed to do CUE writing image.
You simply need to zip all the files generated and burn that on a CD or send it via webtransfer to a CD plant.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:24 AM   #428
Nick Morris

Quote:
DDP is not supposed to do CUE writing image.
You simply need to zip all the files generated and burn that on a CD or send it via webtransfer to a CD plant.
Read up on the app Wyatt made available in this thread, DDP to Cue Writer to get an idea of what it is and is for.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:06 AM   #429
urednik

Sorry, my mistake!
Old 10-01-2014, 09:59 AM   #430
WyattRice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Morris View Post
Downloaded the DDP to Cue Writer application and it does not write for me. I can verify my DDP's, check out the PQ sheet, but I cannot write to disc the DDP or Cue/wav.

I had downloaded this a couple years ago and used it quite a few times before. Is this a new version with some bugs possibly?
Hi Nick,
Yeah, sorry about that. I'll have a new version sometimes soon.
Thanks, Wyatt
Old 10-02-2014, 12:12 AM   #431
horizon

hi everyone,

sorry, if I ask dumb questions....but I have to create a ddp of our first album to send it to a cd-plant.

It´s the first time I do this, and I´m not shure, that I understand all that stuff...

I found this video on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNtnl09y5bY

So the most things are clear so far.

So my question is, can I put a Song-Text(lyrics) in the metadata of the disk?

and if that is possible....how?

In the Title marker like this?
#Songname|PERFORMER=me|COMPOSER=still me|MESSAGE=bla bla bla these are the Lyrics bla bla

is it possible to integrate a CD-Cover f.e. a .jpg file?

thank you...
Simon
horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:22 AM   #432
urednik

To my knowledge this is not possible on a CD. To much text.
But I am not 100% sure about this.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:08 AM   #433
horizon

Thank you...

I made some mistakes in translation....

I thougt CD-TEXT in the description got something to do with a Song-Text....
horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:53 PM   #434
WyattRice

Here's a new version of the GUI (DDP To Cue Writer).

No need for dot net frameworks anymore, and a Mac version as well.

Need some testers.

See this post

Thanks, Wyatt

Last edited by WyattRice; 10-30-2014 at 07:14 PM.
WyattRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 05:09 AM   #435
vinx

Hello Wyatt
I've tried your ddp to cue writer.
It's working as expected with some of my ddp's and won't open some others ("no ddp found"). I have not yet managed to find what is the reason behind...

also can you explain the difference between "pause" and "no pause" when converting to separate tracks?

thanks for your work!
Vincent
Old 11-01-2014, 07:05 AM   #436
WyattRice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinx View Post
Hello Wyatt
I've tried your ddp to cue writer.
It's working as expected with some of my ddp's and won't open some others ("no ddp found"). I have not yet managed to find what is the reason behind...
Vincent
Hi Vincent,
Thanks for testing.

Can you tell me the name of your .DAT Image file?

It could be related to the length of the filename.

Here's a quote from Andreas about the filename.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrug View Post
Just a few:

1. The filename of the DDP data file must not be longer than 17 characters (including the file extension), and ist must only contain ASCII characters. That's a hard limit, if you choose a longer file name, it's simply not a DDP any more! Also although you or the software is free to choose a data file name, most DDP creating software uses the convention of naming it "IMAGE.DAT", I'd always stick to that, there really is no reason, Reaper should even give you a choice here.
This could be the reason.
If your file name is within specs, then It's something else.
If that's the case, could your send me you Reaper project file that you used to render the DDP (Just the .RRP file)?

Quote:
Hello Wyatt
also can you explain the difference between "pause" and "no pause" when converting to separate tracks?
The pause is the time between tracks e.g. like an audio CD that has several tracks, and let's say there is 2 seconds between tracks.
The convert with or without pause will include the pause or not.

Thanks, Wyatt

Last edited by WyattRice; 11-01-2014 at 08:57 AM.
WyattRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 05:58 AM   #437
alicerr1

Ce EST la première fois que je fais cela, et je ne suis pas shure, que je comprends tout ça.

---------------------
alicerr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:40 AM   #438
vinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattRice View Post
Here's a quote from Andreas about the filename.

This could be the reason.
Hello Wyatt

After opening some more (old and new) DDPs I've made with reaper, the name of the file .dat is indeed the reason why some won't open. As soon as there is a space or "é"è"ô" in the name, it won't be recognised as a ddp. I can open them with Andrea's DDPtoCUE, but not with your DDP writer. Happily for me these "badly named" DDP's have been pressed at the plant without any problem!
But from now , I'll stick with the name "IMAGE.DAT" ...

Thanks again for your software, it's working great for me now!
Vincent
Old 02-19-2015, 05:36 PM   #439
WyattRice

Quote:
Hello Wyatt

After opening some more (old and new) DDPs I've made with reaper, the name of the file .dat is indeed the reason why some won't open. As soon as there is a space or "é"è"ô" in the name, it won't be recognised as a ddp. I can open them with Andrea's DDPtoCUE, but not with your DDP writer. Happily for me these "badly named" DDP's have been pressed at the plant without any problem!
But from now , I'll stick with the name "IMAGE.DAT" ...

Thanks again for your software, it's working great for me now!
Vincent
Thanks Vincent. Glad to know it's working good for you.

I made a bug report to Cockos regarding the filename length.

I've also uploaded a new version for Windows, that has the newer type dialogs for Vista and above.

The download links have been updated in this post.

http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...&postcount=294

Thanks, Wyatt
Old 04-01-2015, 02:24 AM   #440
urednik

Hey Wyatt,

I am trying to figure out the new system now and I do not understand the documentation fully.

I rendered a DDP directly from Reaper. I've got files CDTEXT.bin, checksum.md5, DDPID, DDPMS, image.DAT and PQDSCR.
Now I just want to test it if everything is ok, because the CDTEXT file opened in a notepad is not displayed correctly.

I do not understand how yours and Andreas's DDP tools could assist me. I've opened DDP To Cue Writer.exe and there is nothing I can do with it - I can not find a way to load those files etc.

cdrecord.exe and ddpinfo.exe tools can not be opened as a standalone - so I guess they are trigered by the DDP To Cue Writer.exe.

Did this in R 4.76.
I know I missed something, but just can not find it. Should I use your tools only instead of Sergejs integrated DDP render?

My wish is either to test the DDP for possible errors or if this is not possible to burn a CD from those files.