Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 05-09-2016, 12:53 PM   #41
kero
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter5992 View Post
Those pictures do not do any justice to the controller. It is really a very nice piece of equipment, brushed aluminium, touch sensitive 10 mm motorized controllers, colored buttons for pretty much everything. See pics below from my own studio.

Peter hi
will this link to the smaller 8 fader qcon icon? daisy chained to make 16 faders?

Last edited by kero; 05-09-2016 at 03:22 PM.
kero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:21 PM   #42
Paul99

Quote:
Originally Posted by kero View Post
Hi Paul
What is it for exactly? can't everything just be controlled from the mouse and keyboard on the screen?
Do I need one to use Reaper?
Short answer: No you don't need a DAW controller to use Reaper.
But it makes life in Reaper a bit easier when using knobs and faders for mixing in stead of the mouse-wheel.
So, you really can have a good life without a DAW controller.
Nut just read the comments from users form several DAW controllers and you get the picture why they come in handy.
Paul99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:48 AM   #43
tpulse

Does icon qcon pro cover all that faderport does in reaper without hassle btw??
tpulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:16 AM   #44
kero

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogexplosions View Post
They are a bit more expensive, but I'd check out the AVID Artist Series controllers.

They work very well in Reaper with Geoff's Eucon drivers, and I couldn't be more happy with them.
Please excuse my ignorance analog, but what is 'Geoffs Eucon drivers? what does this mean!?
I am considering this controller, do you mean I have to install drivers? who is Geoff?

I have Ptools AND Reaper, so this one or the Qcon icon may be the answer.
kero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:37 AM   #45
zinalias

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscope View Post

Plugin control in Reaper with any MCU protocol type controller is excellent with Klinke's add on. With the MCU Plugn Editor you can create custom maps real fast. Every-time you load a plug, the plug come up mapped to your board. To get at yer plugs you just select a track with the white SELECT buttons, hit PLUG-IN on the V-Pot assigns. Any plugins on the track come up across on the SELECT buttons, choose what you want and the plugin GUI comes up and it's ready to go on the board. I have all my plugs mapped out how I like 'em. You can map 8x8x8 parameters for any plug and sort them and name them however you want. Controlling sends and returns is also rather cool. Select any track and hit SEND in the V-Pot assigns and all the send gains from that track come up on the faders. Also the pans. Hit any of the SELECT buttons, which correspond to each individual send whilst in send mode and you'll go straight to the return track.

Again, read Klinke's manual to get a clue about it's extensive functionality. Windows only.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...nke_manual.pdf

http://www.screencast.com/users/Klin...4-9881626c2037

ns
Somebody, (Klinke or Geoff themselfs) should do this same plugin/extension for Mac. I will pay for it for sure!
I want a controller mainly for Plugins and write Sends Automation, wonder if the BCR2000 will do the job for me on Mac. Had one once already but never get to mastered it before selling it (needed cash).
Any suggestion for this needs?

Anybody tried Tuna Knobs for touch devices to manage this tasks? i think a finger on a touchscreen (ipad,or any tablet) its not that cool to manipulate plugins or write send automations, isn't it?

Thanks!

Last edited by zinalias; 07-13-2016 at 12:11 PM.
zinalias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 06:56 AM   #46
Modular

I would pay cash also if somebody would write a script so we have plugin control on the Mac