Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 03-03-2015, 08:25 AM   #161
kevrose
Human being with feelings

Default Problem with C4 patch adding

Hi Geoff,

I know you don't have any of these equipment anymore but I wondered if you - or anyone else - might still remember about setting parameters for VSTs.

I'm trying to support Slate's Virtual Tape Machines. I've got the C4 to recognise most of the functions, except three two-way toggle switches.

The three-way Bias switch works fine. My line in the C4FXParams file is as follows:

S3|Bias|Bias|3

An example of a non-working two-way switch is as follows:

S2|Speed|Speed|5

The C4 shows the text and the current setting but the switches do nothing.

Any thoughts?
kevrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:03 PM   #162
Geoff Waddington

Ahhh... Steven Slate.

I had problems trying to map the Slate VCC stuff, a lot of it simply was not implemented, or not implemented fully / correctly, (I had the luxury of investigating in a debug environment), so just a guess but that could be it, maybe someone else who has the VTM stuff knows more.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:11 PM   #163
BrianJ

Geoff...are you the same Geoff that gave me a lesson on the UAD forums about speaker port designs a couple weeks ago???!!! I actually sent you a PM over there, I had some questions for you...!
Old 03-05-2015, 04:53 AM   #164
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianJ
Geoff...are you the same Geoff that gave me a lesson on the UAD forums about speaker port designs a couple weeks ago???!!! I actually sent you a PM over there, I had some questions for you...!
Yes I am, sorry I don't log in to the UAD Forum much, mostly just lurk.

Anyway, re: your PM on the UAD Forum about control surfaces, ask away !

If it's about MCU, post to this thread, if it's about Avid Artist / EuCon post to this thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=122509.

Otherwise, probably best to start a new thread.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:38 PM   #165
BrianJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Yes I am, sorry I don't log in to the UAD Forum much, mostly just lurk.

Anyway, re: your PM on the UAD Forum about control surfaces, ask away !

If it's about MCU, post to this thread, if it's about Avid Artist / EuCon post to this thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=122509.

Otherwise, probably best to start a new thread.
Hi Geoff! Ok, bear with me, as I'm a little overwhelmed here...

I'm really wanting to add a control surface for my Win 7 64bit Reaper PC. I was looking at possibly a Tascam US-2400 or the Mackie MCU PRO with extenders and C4. I wasn't even aware that anyone was working on Eucon support until that thread you showed me today. However, it "seems" like the Eucon isn't as far along as the MCU support, would that be accurate? Or, maybe I'm wrong about this...

1. What would you consider to be the best option at this time for a control surface?

2. I'm still a bit confused on what all is available when using either yours or Klinkes dll on the MCU/extenders/C4...can you clear up what is and isn't possible? Like what works and what doesn't between the two?

I'm just trying to make an informed decision, but there's so much information scattered around so many threads that I'm just confused at this point...lol, so any information you can give would be helpful. I wish Reaper wasn't so user UN-friendly
with it's control surface support...I love Reaper, but I just cant stand working with the mouse anymore...
Old 03-06-2015, 05:29 AM   #166
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianJ
Hi Geoff! Ok, bear with me, as I'm a little overwhelmed here...

I'm really wanting to add a control surface for my Win 7 64bit Reaper PC. I was looking at possibly a Tascam US-2400 or the Mackie MCU PRO with extenders and C4. I wasn't even aware that anyone was working on Eucon support until that thread you showed me today. However, it "seems" like the Eucon isn't as far along as the MCU support, would that be accurate? Or, maybe I'm wrong about this...

1. What would you consider to be the best option at this time for a control surface?

2. I'm still a bit confused on what all is available when using either yours or Klinkes dll on the MCU/extenders/C4...can you clear up what is and isn't possible? Like what works and what doesn't between the two?

I'm just trying to make an informed decision, but there's so much information scattered around so many threads that I'm just confused at this point...lol, so any information you can give would be helpful. I wish Reaper wasn't so user UN-friendly
with it's control surface support...I love Reaper, but I just cant stand working with the mouse anymore...
Yeah there are a ton choices out there but, as you say, the info is spread all over the place.

The C4 was discontinued a few years ago, might be pretty hard to find.

I had an MCU and extender and the backlights gave out in less than a year -- google it -- it is (now hopefully was) a common problem.

As far as the Eucon support not being as far along, I would say it's a lot more integrated, here's a quote from the EuCon thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinGShore
Thanks a bunch for adding those last couple features to the map editor, they really are incredibly useful in terms of creating a fast workflow. At this point the level of customization and integration you've given us is pretty incredible, much much better in fact than when I was using Eucon with Pro Tools.
That said the Avid Artist stuff is expensive and Avid (especially these days) is... well.. Avid.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I think it's best to keep grinding through the threads researching.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:42 PM   #167
BrianJ

Thanks Geoff, I'll keep searching and reading...I have some Eucon questions I'll ask in the other thread...
Old 03-17-2015, 08:09 AM   #168
kevrose

Brian J, I have a Mackie Control, three Extenders and a C4. All secondhand from eBay and work fine. I've had the Control for four years and the rest between then and now, all with no problems except with one or two faders - replacements can be sourced from eBay etc. Never had a backlight issue.

They are the original, non-Pro, MIDI not USB ones.

Klinke's plugin can't do multiple extenders I don't think and he doesn't have a C4 plugin. Geoff's works well, my only niggle would be the lack of global Solo off (he replaced the button with one which launches the ASIO settings) but that's really minor.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:36 PM   #169
fundorin
Banned

Hello, Geoff.

Since Padre's Csurf plugin is abandoned and Klinke's plugin is highly connected to the real MCU, I wonder if it's possible to setup Wadd's plugin to control Reaper with Novation SL MkII? I mean, mapping all avaliable controls to the desired fuctions, including transport controls and still be able to get a LED and LCD feedback from Reaper to controller? The only mapping I've found in Wadd's plugin is FX mappings.

Last edited by fundorin; 04-19-2015 at 08:55 PM.
fundorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 08:38 AM   #170
tan.tree

Default Original Emagic/Logic (Mackie) Control Serfaces

PLEASE can somebody help.
I have the original Emagic/Logic control surface with 4 extenders.
These were manufactured by Mackie.
They cost me a lot of money at the time, and they all still work perfectly with Apple/Logic Pro!
However, I am SICK TO DEATH with Apple, who over the years have bled me over and over again of my hard earned cash!
I dread to think how much money I've spent over the Emagic/Logic/Apple years.
I want to move to Reaper TODAY!
But I am old school, and old too!
When I do a mix, I need to ride the touch sensitive faders until the music sends shivers down my spine!
I can't do this with a mouse one track at a time!
Surely SOMEONE out there can sort this out?
What will it take?
Will someone please help me?
I'm too old for all this stress.

Yours sincerely and desperate,

Laurie Heath.
tan.tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 05:40 PM   #171
Modular

Geoff just to clarify, does your plugin work with both the MCU and MCU Pro versions?
Old 10-24-2015, 04:42 AM   #172
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modular View Post
Geoff just to clarify, does your plugin work with both the MCU and MCU Pro versions?
Yes, the protocol is the same, I've used both with the plugin.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:58 AM   #173
Modular

Cheers Geoff
Old 12-03-2015, 04:48 PM   #174
jonwormwood

Quote:
Yes, the protocol is the same, I've used both with the plugin.
Hi Geoff, great work. I'm on OS X but what would it take to create custom mapping? I wouldn't mind paying either if that's what it took.

Anyways, thanks again!
jonwormwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:43 AM   #175
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwormwood View Post
Hi Geoff, great work. I'm on OS X but what would it take to create custom mapping? I wouldn't mind paying either if that's what it took.

Anyways, thanks again!
Check C4FXParams.ini, I had a quick look and can't remember how it works myself

Maybe someone else out there remembers

I think there may some semi documentation in the source code somewhere.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:53 PM   #176
bourzia

any chance this can be used with a bcr2000 in place of a c4?
bourzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 07:43 PM   #177
David B.

Hello,

I followed the directions but my C4 it's not acting as expected.

I have 4 midi ports on my PC (2 in and 2 out) which I have cabled to a MCU and a C4.
I configured two control units in Reaper using this plugin (each using separate midi ports)

MCU is working great. The C4 is acting kinda bizzare. If I hit the lock or function buttons they arm/disarm recording on specific tracks. Same with the up and down arrows. Then other buttons do other misc things.

So the unit is communicating back to the software but something is off. Almost seems like it's not mapped right.

Anyone have any ideas?

The same MCU/C4 works great in Sonar, I no issues there.

thanks,

-David
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:59 AM   #178
David B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
Hello,

I followed the directions but my C4 it's not acting as expected.

I have 4 midi ports on my PC (2 in and 2 out) which I have cabled to a MCU and a C4.
I configured two control units in Reaper using this plugin (each using separate midi ports)

MCU is working great. The C4 is acting kinda bizzare. If I hit the lock or function buttons they arm/disarm recording on specific tracks. Same with the up and down arrows. Then other buttons do other misc things.

So the unit is communicating back to the software but something is off. Almost seems like it's not mapped right.

Anyone have any ideas?

The same MCU/C4 works great in Sonar, I no issues there.

thanks,

-David
NM I power cycled the units and deleted/re-added seems to be working now
Old 01-21-2016, 01:50 PM   #179
David B.

So; I tried creating a mapping for "floorfish" a freebie gate.

Not sure if I'm doing it wrong or what... but I used examples and some of the features work but not all.

I put controls on some items (freqeuncy adjust) which then show their setting number before the name and the dial indicator looks correct (where it's pointing). But does nothing when turned.

As well the GUI does not pop up when the "marker" button is pressed.

And the default Eq example (Eq plug that comes with Reaper) does not work correctly either. I can adjust the #1 frequency and that is it, all knobs only adjust this frequency.

Has API changed? or plugin perhaps?

I'll try dumping the Cokos EQ plugin and see if it's changed since this plugin was written.

This plugin really needs an automatic mode as C4 works in sonar every plugin I have can work with C4 in Sonar. Mapping every plugin would be extremely tedious. Is the Reaper API not good enough to make an automagic mode happen? I looked at the source for this quickly I'll dig in more when I get time. Maybe I'll add this in as a project...

C4 is real handy when doing work... this is a good start but it seems unusable for real work. I can't imagine how long it would take to import all of the waves plugins... lol I'm guessing not many people care about this anymore. But I might

Last edited by David B.; 01-21-2016 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:43 AM   #180
David B.

Great work on this module.

I am going to try an enhance it with an automatic mode.

I just finished browsing the code.

Once I finish testing the API through it's AS Perl interface I'll determine if I can even do automatic mode. Assuming I can get enough info from the API to make logical decisions I'll attempt to implement this.

1. If device is registered and already mapped it will use manual mapping
2. If device not found it will do automatic mode on the device
3. Mapping in real-time
3a. mode where you can hit a "learn" button on the C4 then select control on plug-in then press in on a knob to assign.

Worst case is I can probably still do #3 if the API isn't adequate to do automatic config.

I'll report back (few weeks)_ once I finish testing API and write some test code

Thanks for all of the work on the module! Great starting point for us Jr. people just jumping into this. It would be a huge undertaking implementing all of this from the start.
Old 07-23-2016, 08:05 AM   #181
Kenten

Default OS X Install?

Apologies if this has already been answered earlier in the thread, but I tried searching the thread for "install" and none of the posts that I found answered my question. I know that there is now support for using this plugin on a Mac, but where do I put the reaper_csurf_wadd.dylib? (this is a portable REAPER install). Are there any other files/folders I need to copy from the zip archive to locations in my REAPER folder, or is it just the dylib? Thank you!
Kenten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:13 AM   #182
kevrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post

I am going to try an enhance it with an automatic mode.

I just finished browsing the code.

Once I finish testing the API through it's AS Perl interface I'll determine if I can even do automatic mode. Assuming I can get enough info from the API to make logical decisions I'll attempt to implement this.

1. If device is registered and already mapped it will use manual mapping
2. If device not found it will do automatic mode on the device
3. Mapping in real-time
3a. mode where you can hit a "learn" button on the C4 then select control on plug-in then press in on a knob to assign.

Worst case is I can probably still do #3 if the API isn't adequate to do automatic config.
This sounds really interesting. Did you ever get anywhere with this?
Old 05-14-2017, 04:20 PM   #183
AntonVisco

Default C4 Problem

Hey everybody! Need some help please.

My setup is: MCU XT PRO + MCU PRO + C4 PRO.
The problem is that I can't get the C4 to display the plugin parameters right.
When selecting a channel with say a ReaEq inserted it only shows "ReaEQ Normal" at the top left. (See Picture in link)
All the vpots responds to the hp filter when being turned. (See Picture in link)

What am I doing wrong here?
/Anton

https://goo.gl/photos/yykDFMUiXrNNX7Ww7

Last edited by AntonVisco; 05-14-2017 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Forgot link to pictures.
AntonVisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 06:58 PM   #184
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonVisco View Post
Hey everybody! Need some help please.

My setup is: MCU XT PRO + MCU PRO + C4 PRO.
The problem is that I can't get the C4 to display the plugin parameters right.
When selecting a channel with say a ReaEq inserted it only shows "ReaEQ Normal" at the top left. (See Picture in link)
All the vpots responds to the hp filter when being turned. (See Picture in link)

What am I doing wrong here?
/Anton

https://goo.gl/photos/yykDFMUiXrNNX7Ww7
You need a map for ReaEQ, see the very first post in this thread for instructions on how to do this -- even though I wrote this software it's been 5 years and I forget exactly how it works

You might also be interested in this new project : http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Old 05-15-2017, 01:53 AM   #185
AntonVisco

Default C4 mapping

Quote:
You need a map for ReaEQ, see the very first post in this thread for instructions on how to do this -- even though I wrote this software it's been 5 years and I forget exactly how it works

You might also be interested in this new project : http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143
Hi Geoff!

But the C4FXParams file placed in the C4FX folder already have the ReaEQ mapped, or am I wrong?

Guess I'm missing something here...

Thanks for your reply!
Old 05-16-2017, 02:37 AM   #186
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonVisco View Post
Hi Geoff!

But the C4FXParams file placed in the C4FX folder already have the ReaEQ mapped, or am I wrong?

Guess I'm missing something here...

Thanks for your reply!
Oops, sorry, so it does, I was looking at an older map.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:22 PM   #187
AntonVisco

Default Working!

Quote:
Oops, sorry, so it does, I was looking at an older map.

I got it to work, thank you Geoff!
Old 12-22-2017, 07:14 PM   #188
Freex

New convert to Reaper (coming from SONAR)
I've my MCU and C4 connect and everything seems to be right,
but I'm trying REaEQ, I'm not getting any parameter names displayed on the C4,and all the knobs (Freq Gain and Q) are just controlling the first frequency.

I printed the functions to a .txt file as described and noted that all the names where different, for example "SR|1-Freq (Band)| Freq |1" from the original .ini, but in the txt file it shows as "Freq-Low Shelf"

I've tried changing these but no joy.

Also what is "SR" in the txt there is "FP" "EQ" "BW" and switchs "S2-12" but no "SR"

Help needed please.

Last edited by Freex; 12-22-2017 at 07:51 PM.
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 03:27 AM   #189
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
New convert to Reaper (coming from SONAR)
I've my MCU and C4 connect and everything seems to be right,
but I'm trying REaEQ, I'm not getting any parameter names displayed on the C4,and all the knobs (Freq Gain and Q) are just controlling the first frequency.

I printed the functions to a .txt file as described and noted that all the names where different, for example "SR|1-Freq (Band)| Freq |1" from the original .ini, but in the txt file it shows as "Freq-Low Shelf"

I've tried changing these but no joy.

Also what is "SR" in the txt there is "FP" "EQ" "BW" and switchs "S2-12" but no "SR"

Help needed please.
Try this:

FX|VST: ReaEQ (Cockos)|3
S2|Bypass|ReaEQ|0
SW|ShowWindow|"|0
SR|Freq-Low Shelf| Freq |1
FP|Gain-Low Shelf| Gain |9
BW|Q-Low Shelf| Q |17
SR|Freq-Band 2| Freq |2
FP|Gain-Band 2| Gain |10
BW|Q-Band 2| Q |18
SR|Freq-Band 3| Freq |3
FP|Gain-Band 3| Gain |11
BW|Q-Band 3| Q |19
SR|Freq-High Shelf| Freq |4
FP|Gain-High Shelf| Gain |12
BW|Q-High Shelf| Q |20

SR means Single Ring, it is a rotary display mode.
Others include
BW - bandwidth, the ring expands outwards from both sides
EQ -- boost/cut style ring
... etc.

That is ANCIENT code, but should get you going for now.

Here's a quick video, you can see the ring display styles : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjJ8e4-p_y4

See my sig below for the new Control Surface Integration project, and welcome to Reaper !!

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 12-23-2017 at 03:45 AM.
Old 12-23-2017, 05:09 AM   #190
Freex

Quote:
Try this:

FX|VST: ReaEQ (Cockos)|3
S2|Bypass|ReaEQ|0
SW|ShowWindow|"|0
SR|Freq-Low Shelf| Freq |1
FP|Gain-Low Shelf| Gain |9
BW|Q-Low Shelf| Q |17
SR|Freq-Band 2| Freq |2
FP|Gain-Band 2| Gain |10
BW|Q-Band 2| Q |18
SR|Freq-Band 3| Freq |3
FP|Gain-Band 3| Gain |11
BW|Q-Band 3| Q |19
SR|Freq-High Shelf| Freq |4
FP|Gain-High Shelf| Gain |12
BW|Q-High Shelf| Q |20

SR means Single Ring, it is a rotary display mode.
Others include
BW - bandwidth, the ring expands outwards from both sides
EQ -- boost/cut style ring
... etc.

That is ANCIENT code, but should get you going for now.

Here's a quick video, you can see the ring display styles : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjJ8e4-p_y4

See my sig below for the new Control Surface Integration project, and welcome to Reaper !!

Thanks Geoff,

I'll give it a go, I did make some moves into editing the .ini and it kind of worked, I got 1 2 and 3 displayed and working, no hi shelf as yet, but I'll try this, it looks pretty similar to what I had, fingers cross.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:33 PM   #191
Freex

Still no joy, 1-3 working but 4 is 1 with no labels as is 5,6&7.

Also what about VST3's looking at the waves SSLEQ

The .txt file reads

VST3: SSLEQ Stereo (Waves)
Bypass
Preset
HP On/Off
LF Gain
LMF Gain
LMF Div3
HMF Mul3
HMF Gain
HF Gain
Gain
HP Frq
LF Frq
LMF Q
LMF Frq
HMF Q
HMF Frq
HF Frq
Analog
EQ IN
Phase Rev
MidiControl_1200
MidiControl_1201
MidiControl_1202
MidiControl_1203
MidiControl_1204
MidiControl_1205
MidiControl_1206
MidiControl_1207
MidiControl_1208
MidiControl_1209
MidiControl_1210
MidiControl_1211
MidiControl_1212
MidiControl_1213
MidiControl_1214
MidiControl_1215
MidiControl_1216
MidiControl_1217
MidiControl_1218
MidiControl_1219
MidiControl_1220
MidiControl_1221
MidiControl_1222
MidiControl_1223
MidiControl_1224
MidiControl_1225
MidiControl_1226
MidiControl_1227
MidiControl_1228
MidiControl_1229
MidiControl_1230
MidiControl_1231
MidiControl_1232
MidiControl_1233
MidiControl_1234
MidiControl_1235
MidiControl_1236
MidiControl_1237
MidiControl_1238
MidiControl_1239
MidiControl_1240
MidiControl_1241
MidiControl_1242
MidiControl_1243
MidiControl_1244
MidiControl_1245
MidiControl_1246
MidiControl_1247
MidiControl_1248
MidiControl_1249
MidiControl_1250
MidiControl_1251
MidiControl_1252
MidiControl_1253
MidiControl_1254
MidiControl_1255
MidiControl_1256
MidiControl_1257
MidiControl_1258
MidiControl_1259
MidiControl_1260
MidiControl_1261
MidiControl_1262
MidiControl_1263
MidiControl_1264
MidiControl_1265
MidiControl_1266
MidiControl_1267
MidiControl_1268
MidiControl_1269
MidiControl_1270
MidiControl_1271
MidiControl_1272
MidiControl_1273
MidiControl_1274
MidiControl_1275
MidiControl_1276
MidiControl_1277
MidiControl_1278
MidiControl_1279
MidiControl_1280
MidiControl_1281
MidiControl_1282
MidiControl_1283
MidiControl_1284
MidiControl_1285
MidiControl_1286
MidiControl_1287
MidiControl_1288
MidiControl_1289
MidiControl_1290
MidiControl_1291
MidiControl_1292
MidiControl_1293
MidiControl_1294
MidiControl_1295
MidiControl_1296
MidiControl_1297
MidiControl_1298
MidiControl_1299
MidiControl_1300
MidiControl_1301
MidiControl_1302
MidiControl_1303
MidiControl_1304
MidiControl_1305
MidiControl_1306
MidiControl_1307
MidiControl_1308
MidiControl_1309
MidiControl_1310
MidiControl_1311
MidiControl_1312
MidiControl_1313
MidiControl_1314
MidiControl_1315
MidiControl_1316
MidiControl_1317
MidiControl_1318
MidiControl_1319
MidiControl_1320
MidiControl_1321
MidiControl_1322
MidiControl_1323
MidiControl_1324
MidiControl_1325
MidiControl_1326
MidiControl_1327
MidiPitchBend
MidiAfterTouch
Bypass
Wet

2 bypass labels? VST3? and all the midicontrol?
Old 12-23-2017, 01:09 PM   #192
Geoff Waddington

Ughhhh, what an ugly set of parameters, I'd ignore all of the MidiControl_xxxx ones.

Reaper always has Bypass and Wet, and VST's often have their own Bypass.

Not sure why the map doesn't work, you do have just 4 bands and the high frequency is of type Shelf, right ?
Old 12-23-2017, 03:07 PM   #193
Freex

Hi Geoff,

Is there some way that maybe the ini file is not being re-read.
It's now showing properly with your script,
Weirdly it was like it was still stuck in the previous layout and then suddenly jumped into action, even the rough "lets see if this works" script for SSLEQ has magically came to life.

Are there any constraints I should know about, name, size, blanks lines in the .ini script?

Also is the a way to make a switch work as a knob as well, so I can either turn it or push it on/off or cycle thru?

is there a way to write the push on a knob as enable and the sweep as the freq? In short, Can I have a switch and a sweep populating the same knob?

Awesome work by the way, it started out a little cluncky but it seems to have eased it seems in to operation.

Now just to learn a completely new DAW. (after some 14 years a SONAR user and 10 a beta tester). I'm used to hurdles, heck sometimes it was a brick wall. lol

Last edited by Freex; 12-23-2017 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-23-2017, 04:48 PM   #194
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hi Geoff,

Is there some way that maybe the ini file is not being re-read.
It's now showing properly with your script,
Weirdly it was like it was still stuck in the previous layout and then suddenly jumped into action, even the rough "lets see if this works" script for SSLEQ has magically came to life.

Are there any constraints I should know about, name, size, blanks lines in the .ini script?

Also is the a way to make a switch work as a knob as well, so I can either turn it or push it on/off or cycle thru?

is there a way to write the push on a knob as enable and the sweep as the freq? In short, Can I have a switch and a sweep populating the same knob?

Awesome work by the way, it started out a little cluncky but it seems to have eased it seems in to operation.

Now just to learn a completely new DAW. (after some 14 years a SONAR user and 10 a beta tester). I'm used to hurdles, heck sometimes it was a brick wall. lol
I have seen weird problems with Windows files in the Roaming directory, they sometimes have "ghosts" that seem to be stale copies, and then suddenly everything comes back together... Are you on Windows ?

As far as file format, just follow the conventions in the existing file -- to tell you the truth, I can't remember all the rules, it was a while ago, and there aren't many

As far as the combo switch/rotery thing, sure, it's shown on the Massive Passive in the video.

You did watch the 4 minute video, right ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjJ8e4-p_y4

Here's an excerpt from that map:
FX|VST: UAD Manley Massive Passive (x86) (Universal Audio, Inc.)|4
C3|Ch1LoEnable|"|0
FP|Ch1LoGain|"|0

See how slot 0 has 2 things assigned to it:
C3 - a combo switch/rotary with 3 positions (Boost/Out/Cut)
FP - an FX Parameter that is assigned to the rotary portion of C3

Good luck learning Reaper, having programmed for most of the "usual suspect" DAWs, I'd say Reaper is one of the best, but it's incredible flexibility can be daunting at times, especially at the start, have you seen Nicholas' Sonar startup guide for Sonar->Reaper users ?
Old 12-23-2017, 05:09 PM   #195
Freex

I did watch your video, I'd actually watched it a while back, then couldn't find it, then realized when I did find it, it was by your good self.lol

I'll have a look for that guide, seems perfect. Not that I'm having to many issues so far, just terminology has changed.

I have realized and appreciate the power of the right click and being able to add commands in there, "oh it doesn't do that, Ok, it soon will" kind of thing.

Even just having so many great themes, to over come the eye strain is fantastic.
I was a bit disillusioned with SONAR for a while now, so used to it, but so many old problem. I'm not sure why it took a push (well the ship sinking) for me to jump.

Thanks again for all your help this far,
Old 12-25-2017, 03:18 AM   #196
Freex

Is there a database anywhere of user created C4 plugins?
Are there many C4 users?

And Merry Xmas.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:43 AM   #197
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Is there a database anywhere of user created C4 plugins?
Are there many C4 users?

And Merry Xmas.
Not that I know of.

Merry Christmas to you as well.
Old 12-25-2017, 05:47 PM   #198
Freex

Hi Geoff,

Just another quicky,
Is there a way to have two sweep functions share the same know, toggle between with a push. In the same way pan and width do on the MCU?

Maybe I should just be happy I don't have a large expensive paper weight lol.
Old 12-25-2017, 09:59 PM   #199
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hi Geoff,

Just another quicky,
Is there a way to have two sweep functions share the same know, toggle between with a push. In the same way pan and width do on the MCU?

Maybe I should just be happy I don't have a large expensive paper weight lol.
No, in that code it's hardwired.

However in the new project (link in my sig), not only can you have two arbitrary actions toggled, that is just a special case of a cycled action with just two actions.

You can have as many actions as you want in a cycled action and you cycle through them by continuously pushing the top switch.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:24 AM   #200
Freex

Yeah I kind of thought that was the case.

So will I still be able to use my Mackie MCU XT and c4 with the new project or is it tablet based?