Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 11-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
DarkStar
Human being with feelings

Default Posting in the Pre-release Announcement threads

It seems to me that there is a great temptation to post links to existing FRs and BRs in these threads, which can only make the job of JCS more difficult.

The pre-release forum, and especially those Announcement threads, should really be used for discussing possible regressions in the pre-release versions, reporting on the posted changes, not for additional requests, bumps for existing bug reports etc.

It will help JCS a lot if we post our feature requests and bug reports in the FR and BR forums, and I have created two threads there focussing on MIDI . I am sure that JCS will be looking at those forums in depth.

So, collate your lists of outstanding MIDI Issues and add them to my threads. The easier it is for JCS to revisit the issues the more chance we have of getting them implemented.

Here are the Links:
For MIDI FRs: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=113646
For MIDI BRs: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=113645

Last edited by DarkStar; 11-19-2012 at 02:58 PM.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
Mr. Data

I'd go for this for FRs and for BRs of final releases, but BRs that deal with a pre-release, I think, should go in those threads, so JCS can see, whether their current development invents new bugs maybe in other areas of the prog.

However, "bumping" old FRs in a pre-release thread is no good style.

-Data
Old 08-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #3
Argitoth

It's not clear to the average user, including myself, how the bug tracker and bug reports/feature requests relate.

Could the devs please update the descriptions of those forums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by current description
REAPER Bug Reports
Report and discuss bugs in REAPER (if any) in this forum.

REAPER Feature Requests
Post your REAPER feature requests here. It may be worthwhile asking about your feature in the Q&A forum to see if the feature does not already exist.

REAPER Issue Tracker
Track bugs and feature requests. This is not a discussion forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BETTER DESCRIPTION
REAPER Bug Reports
Report and discuss bugs in REAPER (if any) in this forum before adding a bug to the tracker.

REAPER Feature Requests
Post your REAPER feature requests here before adding it to the tracker. It may be worthwhile asking about your feature in the Q&A forum to see if the feature does not already exist.

REAPER Issue Tracker
Track bugs and feature requests. Use the discussion forum before adding anything to the tracker.
Edit: Or you can change the desciption to say something like "It is suggested that you use the discussion forum first" or something. I still don't know how the devs want the users to do things... so please actually tell us.

Edit: Does a bug HAVE to be in the tracker for it to get any attention by the devs? I still don't know the answer to this question. It's not immediately obvious.