Old 07-11-2016, 12:12 PM   #1
mustgroove
Human being with feelings

Default v5.22rc2 - July 11 2016

v5.22rc2 - July 11 2016
# Automation: write values to end of project starts transition at current position [p=1705208]
mustgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:16 PM   #2
mustgroove

Testing this build now, I'm still experiencing this bug in an existing project: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=175965

Just tried testing this further on a brand new project using v5.22rc2 and the bug seems to be restricted to Send Volume and Send Pan automation lanes... Volume automation lanes don't seem to be affected.
mustgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:49 PM   #3
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustgroove View Post
Testing this build now, I'm still experiencing this bug in an existing project: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=175965

Just tried testing this further on a brand new project using v5.22rc2 and the bug seems to be restricted to Send Volume and Send Pan automation lanes... Volume automation lanes don't seem to be affected.
This post doesn't belong here, since it has nothing to do with 5.22. :/
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:47 PM   #4
airon

I'll give this a heavy run today. Had no bug problems so far with the release candidates. Problems are mainly stuff that aren't bugs and better discussed later and elsewhere.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 01:32 AM   #5
EpicSounds

justin is there any way to get those transition values to work with manual envelope editing? namely trimming envelope segments within time selection. Would love to have a preset before/after transition there. I have some custom actions for it but they're iffy
Old 07-12-2016, 03:29 AM   #6
javiramallo

I am having inconsistent behaviour by using "latch preview" with certain plugins. For example "TDR NOVA". It has sense? Can works in a right way with certain plugins and not so well with other?

In the other hand, the fault is intermitent. Not always that you uses the TDR NOVA and Latch Preview works bad, only sometimes!. That thing make things harder, it not? Sorry.

Hope this help.

I am using windows 10 x64 - Reaper 5.22rc22

Thanks you in advanced.

Last edited by javiramallo; 07-12-2016 at 03:32 AM. Reason: My Bad English! Sorry!
javiramallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 06:21 AM   #7
airon

Quote:
Originally Posted by javiramallo View Post
I am having inconsistent behaviour by using "latch preview" with certain plugins. For example "TDR NOVA". It has sense? Can works in a right way with certain plugins and not so well with other?

In the other hand, the fault is intermitent. Not always that you uses the TDR NOVA and Latch Preview works bad, only sometimes!. That thing make things harder, it not? Sorry.

Hope this help.

Thanks you in advanced.
It's been a week or two, but this has happened to me as well. And it happened with ReaEQ for me. All of a sudden the plugin behaved as if READ mode was active, instead of Latch Preview or Latch. This always happened after I'd been mixing for a few hours. Closing and opening Reaper usually fixed it.

I thought this might be a more basic bug that was present in previous versions as well, so I was going to post about it in the bug forum as soon as it appeared again, but so far it has not on my system.

Win7 x64 with Reaper x64.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:00 AM   #8
airon

Small buglet that's possibly from an older version.

"Region Render Matrix" chosen as render target. WAV 32 bit FP as format.

One region is marked to be rendered as a master mix. Three other regions are not marked in any way in the region render matrix.

The estimated remaining render time appears to be counting as if all regions are marked for render, not just the actually marked ones.

Buglet.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:31 AM   #9
cubic13

From a theming point of view, it seems that there is a problem : the track_env_preview.png isn't found for the mixer if there is no mcp_env_preview.png in a theme, as it should and does for other related _env_ buttons. Repro :

1) After unzipping the Default_5.0 theme, rename mcp_env_preview.png to _mcp_env_preview.png, rezip and install the resulting theme with another name.
2) Using global preview mode with the modified theme, the dedicated button appears as an upside down/inverse video 'Latch' one in the mixer (expected : a left-right shrinked track_env_preview.png display).

Not a big deal, but still : it would be better for the new dedicated 'preview' buttons to follow the same substitution rules as the other envelope related ones...
cubic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:36 AM   #10
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubic13 View Post
From a theming point of view, it seems that there is a problem : the track_env_preview.png isn't found for the mixer if there is no mcp_env_preview.png in a theme, as it should and does for other related _env_ buttons. Repro :

1) After unzipping the Default_5.0 theme, rename mcp_env_preview.png to _mcp_env_preview.png, rezip and install the resulting theme with another name.
2) Using global preview mode with the modified theme, the dedicated button appears as an upside down/inverse video 'Latch' one in the mixer (expected : a left-right shrinked track_env_preview.png display).

Not a big deal, but still : it would be better for the new dedicated 'preview' buttons to follow the same substitution rules as the other envelope related ones...
They follow a different rule because they fall back to a modified env_latch.png first, so the fallback rules get rather complicated having to go that route too...
Old 07-13-2016, 10:00 AM   #11
cubic13

Hi, Justin !

Not sure that I got the explanation concerning the 'modified' env_latch.png, honestly, but let's stay practical : can you confirm that a mcp_env_preview.png is now always required in a theme to have a reliable envelope button display in 'preview' mode ?
Old 07-13-2016, 12:25 PM   #12
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubic13 View Post
Hi, Justin !

Not sure that I got the explanation concerning the 'modified' env_latch.png, honestly, but let's stay practical : can you confirm that a mcp_env_preview.png is now always required in a theme to have a reliable envelope button display in 'preview' mode ?
If mcp_env_preview.png is not in a theme, when in preview mode it will display mcp_env_latch.png (or whatever fallback image is used if mcp_env_latch.png is not available) upside down and with inverted colors.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:31 PM   #13
cubic13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
If mcp_env_preview.png is not in a theme, when in preview mode it will display mcp_env_latch.png (or whatever fallback image is used if mcp_env_latch.png is not available) upside down and with inverted colors.
I got it. Thanks !
Old 07-13-2016, 07:33 PM   #14
Justin
Administrator

Quote:

Hope this help.

Thanks you in advanced.
Are the parameters in question armed?
Old 07-14-2016, 08:44 AM   #15
javiramallo

Quote:
Are the parameters in question armed?

Sorry justin,, what do you mean with armed?
Old 07-14-2016, 09:49 AM   #16
zappsunzorn

Quote:
Armed for recording
zappsunzorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:49 AM   #17
Justin
Administrator

Quote:

Open the envelope control panel, are the checkboxes for the parameters listed with "arm" and "visible" checked?
Old 07-14-2016, 02:11 PM   #18
javiramallo

Quote:
Open the envelope control panel, are the checkboxes for the parameters listed with "arm" and "visible" checked?
Aja!! OK.

Curiously, The parameters listed are without the "visible" and "arm" checked!
I mean that they are un-checked.

I think that maybe could have something to do with this action:

Action>>> SWS/BR: Hide all FX envelopes for selected tracks
Action Comman ID >> _BR_HIDE_FX_ENV_SEL_TRACK

I usually use this action after use the "latch preview" feature in order to hide all the envelopes except volume and Pan related envelopes.

After use this action (usually used to clean the work space in the item) it seems to is not possible to use again "latch preview" feature normally due to "arm" are removed (un-checked)

Check this video>> http://screencast.com/t/lt3SYDyeroL

Hope this help.

Thank in advanced.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:42 AM   #19
javiramallo

Quote:
Aja!! OK.

Curiously, The parameters listed are without the "visible" and "arm" checked!
I mean that they are un-checked.

I think that maybe could have something to do with this action:

Action>>> SWS/BR: Hide all FX envelopes for selected tracks
Action Comman ID >> _BR_HIDE_FX_ENV_SEL_TRACK

I usually use this action after use the "latch preview" feature in order to hide all the envelopes except volume and Pan related envelopes.

After use this action (usually used to clean the work space in the item) it seems to is not possible to use again "latch preview" feature normally due to "arm" are removed (un-checked)

Check this video>> http://screencast.com/t/lt3SYDyeroL

Hope this help.

Thank in advanced.

Hi Justin,

Only to know... So, should I assume that is not possible to use that or other Action in order to hide envelopes after use latch preview feature due to this un-arm the parameters?.

Must I keep all the envelopes in my view or hide one by one each time I use it?

Thank in advanced.

Last edited by javiramallo; 07-15-2016 at 08:51 AM.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:10 AM   #20
EpicSounds

Quote:
Hi Justin,

Only to know... So, should I assume that is not possible to use that or other Action in order to hide envelopes after use latch preview feature due to this un-arm the parameters?.

Must I keep all the envelopes in my view or hide one by one each time I use it?

Thank in advanced.
I think you would need that preferences for writing to hidden parameters enabled.