Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 04-04-2015, 06:45 PM   #1
A Little Man and a House
Human being with feelings

Default Help me tinker with RADO - TCP resize hides labels + collapsed folder stuff

Hi,

I'm using RADO. Which is the best. But here are two visual things I'd like to tinker with. I figure it's possible because not all themes do it like this. I am not a themer - I know nothing.

I'd like the label to be long all the time. If it always takes up all the room in the first row, that would be great. Or if it is max width up to 250px or so and THEN shows other stuff, that's fine too. I just always want to see it.

This collapsed folder view... I want it to just not show the collapsed tracks at all. The Reaction theme doesn't show anything. I want it to be like that.

Where do I start?
A Little Man and a House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:44 PM   #2
A Little Man and a House

Okay, while I'm asking questions... How come when I uncompress RADO-V4.ReaperThemeZip, change a single image, zip that folder and rename it RADO-V4.ReaperThemeZip does it always look like this?:

Looks like it can't find the images but they're all in the zip.
This is all in C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\ColorThemes

Edit: found some posts where people had this issue because 'theme uses image resources' was unticked, but mine is ticked so it's not that.

Last edited by A Little Man and a House; 04-05-2015 at 02:48 AM.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:58 PM   #3
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Man and a House View Post
Hi,
Where do I start?
You could start with the WALTER guide here:
http://www.houseofwhitetie.com/reape...mers_guide.pdf

Quote:
I'd like the label to be long all the time. If it always takes up all the room in the first row, that would be great. Or if it is max width up to 250px or so and THEN shows other stuff, that's fine too. I just always want to see it.
Totally possible, but you have to pay attention to everything else in there too which currently takes the space of the label. Simply making the label wider won't work. Those moves need planning.

Quote:
This collapsed folder view... I want it to just not show the collapsed tracks at all. The Reaction theme doesn't show anything. I want it to be like that.?
For anybody else but people who are always very aware of the things they do in Arrange even if they don't see the things they do, not a good idea. Meaning, you can do unintended edits to tracks which have been minimized to zero, so not recommended. At any rate, it's the lowest tcp_heights value in rtconfig-file.

Quote:
Okay, while I'm asking questions... How come when I uncompress RADO-V4.ReaperThemeZip, change a single image, zip that folder and rename it RADO-V4.ReaperThemeZip does it always look like this?:
It does look like the theme file you launched doesn't find the correct image resources. I suggest a bit different themeing approach. Start by copying the theme you want to modify somewhere else, if modifying is what you want to do. Rename the copied theme to something different, so that there will be no danger of mixup with any other theme. Then work with that renamed copy and once repacked, drop it over Reaper to see your progress.

Note also that whenever you modify and save any theme with the Reaper Theme editor, a separate theme file will be created (named xxx.ReaperTheme). To keep your theme package as one, you must pack this file inside the xxx.ReaperThemeZip file.

http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...33&postcount=6

Last edited by xpander; 04-05-2015 at 01:11 PM.
xpander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:28 PM   #4
A Little Man and a House

Thanks xpander.

Quote:
It does look like the theme file you launched doesn't find the correct image resources. I suggest a bit different themeing approach. Start by copying the theme you want to modify somewhere else, if modifying is what you want to do. Rename the copied theme to something different, so that there will be no danger of mixup with any other theme. Then work with that renamed copy and once repacked, drop it over Reaper to see your progress.
I followed your advice - copied, renamed, extracted, modified, repacked - and it's doing the same thing. All I modified is piano_white_key.png.

(Weirdly, when I just open the zip in 7zip and drag and drop piano_white_key.png, it works... Are particular zip settings required?)

If anyone can take a look at the file, it's here. Sorry for using an offsite file host but the forum won't let me upload it (despite it being under the 1.72MB max for zip files)

Quote:
For anybody else but people who are always very aware of the things they do in Arrange even if they don't see the things they do, not a good idea. Meaning, you can do unintended edits to tracks which have been minimized to zero, so not recommended. At any rate, it's the lowest tcp_heights value in rtconfig-file.
Thanks. I can't test this because of the above, but I think I know what I need to do.

Quote:
Totally possible, but you have to pay attention to everything else in there too which currently takes the space of the label. Simply making the label wider won't work. Those moves need planning.
Again, I can't test this yet so I'll just speculate at this stage: page 35 is the relevant part of the Walter guide, I think, and what I need to do to use something like "set tcp.size [x x 250 x]" on the label, where 250 says that the label can't get any smaller than 250px - is that correct?
Old 04-05-2015, 10:53 PM   #5
witti

Don't zip the folder where these files are in, but zip only the files.

Your hierarchy:

RADO-V4modified.ReaperThemeZip\RADO-V4modified\....

But must be:

RADO-V4modified.ReaperThemeZip\....

witti
witti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:39 PM   #6
A Little Man and a House

Thanks witti, that was it!
Old 04-06-2015, 06:22 AM   #7
xpander

Quote:
Again, I can't test this yet so I'll just speculate at this stage: page 35 is the relevant part of the Walter guide, I think, and what I need to do to use something like "set tcp.size [x x 250 x]" on the label, where 250 says that the label can't get any smaller than 250px - is that correct?
For the label you would be looking for the set tcp.label values. But then you have to also notice how the other controls like Mute/Solo/Rec arm keep changing their places depending on the width and height of the panel. Unless you change that behavior for all the related parts, it's going to be a mess whenever you resize the TCP.

One thing I've done sometimes when editing is keeping the old code lines in there but commenting them out with semicolons, so there's always a reference in case something gets way out of order.
xpander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:57 AM   #8
A Little Man and a House

Thanks xpander, I'll give it a shot.

If it's too much of a time sink I might just switch to the Konzentration theme, which is growing on me...