Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 08-31-2014, 01:20 PM   #1
prezbass
Human being with feelings

Default Inserting markers act weird during tracking

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this before I possibly file a bug- and, if you have seen this behavior, were you able to do anything about this? Here's the deal:

1. Start recording a track. Doesn't seem to matter how many at a time.

2. At any point, insert a marker while tracking.

3. Edit that marker, either by double-clicking it and adding text or moving it while you are still recording. Everything acts fine.

4. Now, while you're still recording, try inserting another marker. Nothing happens- no markers set. (As a sidenote, the screen will also no longer move with the play cursor either.)

5. If you stop recording, everything starts working again.

This is hardly a big deal- inserting markers during recording is something I find myself doing from time to time- I probably don't need to do it, but when I do and I can't insert any markers after any edits during recording gets kind of tiresome.

BTW- I'm running 4.721 x64 version, but I remember this was happening in earlier versions, too.
prezbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:25 AM   #2
Nip

Isn't that a general feature that software is sensing you are editing something and stop scrolling screen.

I would look for a command action or menu alternative where you toggle this. So you can toggle while running on/off edit mode.

And you could also put this action on a toolbar button.

Not in front of Reaper right now, so don't remember.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:34 AM   #3
Tim Ragnur

I came across this too a few month back. As Nip says, it's a feature of Reaper, that as soon as you start moving/editing markers the edit cursor will stop following playback cursor. This makes it easier to fiddle with the markers - and manually set the edit cursor (where new marker will be inserted).
To relink edit/playback cursor simply use the action "View: Go to play position". On my danish keyboard it's on the apostrophe key.
Tim Ragnur is offline   Reply With Quote