Old 03-11-2017, 01:10 AM   #1
roby rc
Human being with feelings

Default icon qcon pro x

Hello is anyone using this with reaper,i need a controller and have been looking at this and the mackie mcu pro,opinions would be welcome.
roby rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:25 PM   #2
SuperEB

I have one on order, should be here Tuesday. I'll let you know how it goes...
SuperEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:35 AM   #3
roby rc

Thanks for the reply,look foward to hearing how you get on with it.
roby rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:22 AM   #4
SuperEB

I did a quick test of the Icon Qcon Pro X with Reaper and it seems to work well. I have not spent enough time with it and Reaper to call the test conclusive, but the Pro X has been working great in my main DAW (Harrison Mixbus 32C).
SuperEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:45 AM   #5
tpulse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperEB View Post
I did a quick test of the Icon Qcon Pro X with Reaper and it seems to work well. I have not spent enough time with it and Reaper to call the test conclusive, but the Pro X has been working great in my main DAW (Harrison Mixbus 32C).
Is there any problem using with reaper. Any issues.

Ive een thinking about this one
tpulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:22 PM   #6
CraigR

Default Any issues with Icon QCon Pro X and REAPER?

I too am very interested in acquiring this unit. Great qualities to it. I saw one mention online about the Automation buttons that hitting the WRITE button activated the TRIM button or something similar.
CraigR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:50 PM   #7
Big

I've been using an iCon Qcon Pro X with Reaper for some time now. It's not perfect by any stretch. The biggest issue I have is the VU meters. The master meter does not work at all. It doesn't even light up, which is an issue reported by other users. The rest of the meters are completely inaccurate (by tens of dB) and there is no way to calibrate them. They also refresh very slowly, creating a flashing sensation in which the meters jump from one value to the next with no transition between the values. The VU meters are completely useless. This problem also exists for Cubase and Presonus Studio One. I'm guessing this is a problem in other DAW's as well.

I am running the latest firmware (v1.14). I hope a future firmware release will fix the meters.

The faders are a little sketchy, but mostly functional. They are touch sensitive and need a good portion of your skin to be touching them to sense you. If you move the fader without it sensing you, your DAW fader will not respond. This is usually followed by over-adjusting until the fader does sense you and your DAW fader suddenly over-corrects.

Also, when you touch each fader for the first time in any given session, your DAW fader will move slightly in an unpredictable direction. This movement is usually less than .1 dB, but it can be as great as several dB if your faders are not properly calibrated.

I've considered selling mine and just sticking with my d8b with ProBox. The qCon Pro X is a gamble. Will they fix it? Will they let it die? Who knows? They aren't saying anything about it. In fact, they are apparently telling some people the problems are with the Mackie Protocol, but other control surfaces using the Mackie Protocol don't suffer from these problems.
Big is offline   Reply With Quote