Old 12-22-2014, 05:21 AM   #1
ZaidRockso
Human being with feelings

Default Help please, Recording a loop

Alright, so i set the metronome up, i play four bars, and now i want those 4 bars to get looped for 5 minutes ( For recording purpous, not practice, so i'm not trying to play a loop, i'm trying to record one ) ok so, i always end up with the tiniest gap after each 4th bar which defies the whole purpose , now i don't mind fixing the 5th bars to the forth to sync it perfectly, but doing that for the 9th , 13th etc is so tiresome, and not easy to get perfectly, how do i go on about doing that.

Conclusion : Sorry not the best at explaining something, progression : C Am E G , and want that repeated for the entire song, so i copy and keep pasting, the C is always delayed ( I don't have these problems with loop pedals so keeping time isn't my issue.)

Thanks and sorry for the essay.
ZaidRockso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:00 AM   #2
Fex

Hi, ZaidRockso, and welcome to the forums. Try this:

Get your loop to sound right once, and glue the items involved together (ie fix the 5th bar to the 4th to sync it perfectly).
Select the bars where the loop sounds right. Now, either:

1) Right click on the item, choose 'Copy loop of selected area of items' and then paste somewhere appropriate,

or

2) Trim the item to the selected area, right click on the item, and glue (you're not actually gluing it to anything but itself).

Then you can click and drag the right edge out to loop the item.

By the way, if ever you do have any timing issues which would prevent you from creating a perfect loop to the project tempo, you can Alt click and drag the item to size, ie subtly changing the duration.

HTH

Last edited by Fex; 12-22-2014 at 06:17 AM. Reason: scallops.
Fex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 07:19 AM   #3
ZaidRockso

Thanks for the quick response and welcoming me to the forum! Unfortunately neither of those worked, i'm going to play around with it a little bit more, see if i can figure it out, will update you guys.

P.s - is uploaded .RPP allowed here?
ZaidRockso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:04 AM   #4
Fex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaidRockso View Post
Unfortunately neither of those worked
Ok.... what happened when you tried?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaidRockso View Post
P.s - is uploaded .RPP allowed here?
Absolutely. You can add an RPP as an attachment to a post, post a link from Dropbox or similar, or use The Stash.
Fex is offline   Reply With Quote