Old 01-17-2017, 12:54 PM   #1
gaui11
Human being with feelings

Default Syncing mpc1000 with reaper

Hello beautiful people!
I'm pretty new to combining the potential of mpc's and daw's so bear with me on this...but here is my probelm

I've been using an mpc1000 as a midi controller to program drum patterns. I use wav. files from my computer, throw them into ReaSampleOmatic5000 and then use the mpc pads to trigger the wav. file.

What I want to do though is take the sounds found on the flash disk in the mpc, program those to the pads and record them into reaper.
So for example I could have a kick, some snares, different percussion sounds, etc...programmed to the pads and then press record in reaper, hammer the pads and have them all as midi files up there in reaper.

Maybe this could be a type of live tracking...?

Thanks for all advice!
gaui11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 04:10 PM   #2
gandsnut

Lessee, ok, you have the mpc send MIDI to Reaper which triggers .wav

Then sounds on flash drive -> mpc -> assign to pads (which then would presumably be heard from the mpc), which now you're recording (audio) from the mpc into Reaper.....?

Hammering the pads on the mpc gives you MIDI -> Reaper, track-by-track I'd guess. Which could ultimately be saved as MIDI fileS.

I'm not sure how sounds programmed to pads works into this, except if those sounds are decidedly different from the .wav files used inside Reaper.

Can you re-frame your dilemma?
Thx.
Notation-based compositions using Finale. Electric bassist, K-12 school music teacher. iMac 3.5G i7 32Mb OSX 10.11 + PreSonus AudioBox iTwo, Korg, Roland, E-Mu, Alesis HW Synths, Novation Launchpad MINI MK3, Korg D1600 HW DAW. My free music - http://www.gandsnut.net
gandsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 02:31 AM   #3
slipstick

On the USB connection the MPC only sends MIDI note data out not actual sounds. So if you're recording via that you can't use the MPC sounds.

To record the internal sounds you'll need to connect the main audio outputs from the MPC to the computer via an audio interface and record as audio not as MIDI.

If that was what you were asking .

Steve
slipstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:16 PM   #4
gandsnut

Thanks to slipstick for clarifying my blabber.
Notation-based compositions using Finale. Electric bassist, K-12 school music teacher. iMac 3.5G i7 32Mb OSX 10.11 + PreSonus AudioBox iTwo, Korg, Roland, E-Mu, Alesis HW Synths, Novation Launchpad MINI MK3, Korg D1600 HW DAW. My free music - http://www.gandsnut.net
gandsnut is offline   Reply With Quote